120+ min for Ariel's underwater adventure???

tchrchgo

Mouseketeer
The current wait time on my wdw app says 120+ min.

Am I missing something? I watched a video of Ariel's underwater adventure, and while its cute, I cannot imagine waiting in line for over 2 hours to ride a clamshell through scenes from the little mermaid. Is the ride that fabulous, or is it poorly managed crowd wise, or does it break down a lot?

120+ min while every other ride is 20-30. Wow! My kids would drain my iPhone battery playing games while waiting in a line that long!

tchrchgo said:
The current wait time on my wdw app says 120+ min.

Am I missing something? I watched a video of Ariel's underwater adventure, and while its cute, I cannot imagine waiting in line for over 2 hours to ride a clamshell through scenes from the little mermaid. Is the ride that fabulous, or is it poorly managed crowd wise, or does it break down a lot?

120+ min while every other ride is 20-30. Wow! My kids would drain my iPhone battery playing games while waiting in a line that long!

I'd like to think that's an error. But it's a Monday in the MK right after it officially opened, so I don't really know. I wonder how rain impacts this attraction....

Official wait time bounced up to 90 minutes last week. So not really surprising at all, it's still new.

I rode the one in CA, it is a really fast loader, I'm surprised it is that long unless there was a breakdown.

I don't doubt the wait time at all. We rode it several times before Grand Opening day and mostly just walked on. In fact had to just hold back to see the cute *crab* interactions in the windows.

But, as soon as official opening day came everything went crazy - the lines were horrible - didn't even try after that. It's almost as if people were waiting for the Grand Opening, not thinking, or not realizing it had been open a few weeks. :confused3 Glad we took our time earlier and thoroughly enjoyed the new FLE. It's really beautiful.

We even ate lunch at BOG twice, with very little wait time even right near noon.

Your take is generally correct. It is cute but not worth a 60 minute let alone 120.

The queue is beautiful and fascinating in its own right. I probably wouldn't spend 120 minutes in it, but I honestly felt like I wanted to spend more time exploring it than I had a chance to. I'd worry about my sense of beauty and art if I found myself staring at a phone screen instrwad of taking in the surroundings.

Totally agree with your take. We got to ride during MNSSHP, and while it was cute, definitely not worth 120 minute wait. I wouldn't wait more than 10 minutes to ride it.

Time posted Saturday night at 7pm was 130 minutes. The CM even tried to talk us into getting a FP; stating the wait time for standby was accurate. DH was tired and didn't want to promise we would still be there at 11 in the FP window so we got in line. We were in our clam shell 22 minutes later. Storytime with Belle posted at 70 min, we were inside in 35.

Time posted Saturday night at 7pm was 130 minutes. The CM even tried to talk us into getting a FP; stating the wait time for standby was accurate. DH was tired and didn't want to promise we would still be there at 11 in the FP window so we got in line. We were in our clam shell 22 minutes later. Storytime with Belle posted at 70 min, we were inside in 35.

That makes me wonder if park mgmt is inflating the stated wait time for the rides to try to dissuade lines from building up [would be odd].

I know when we went during MVMCP, the stated wait time was 10minutes, which was fairly close [felt like 5 minutes to walk through the queue :)], but during the day it was claiming a very long wait time.

We were also in the park all day Saturday and saw the 120 minute wait listed for most of the day.....If I knew we would only have to wait 22 minutes I would have gotten in line....instead I waited for 20 minutes just to get a FastPass!! Fastpasses are given out at Philharmagic....and the line was past the carousel....out towards were Dumbo used to be!!

I have a feeling here like some other people have said that it seems they are over inflating the wait times I guess to discourage people from lining up for some reason? This attraction has a monster capacity so I bet it would take a lot for the attraction to actually reach those times.

It was inflated when we were there. It was posted at 40 min on Sunday 12/2 and my friends said it only took like 15 min for them to get on and the next evening during extra magic hours I got in line when it said 20 min and we walked right on. We were moving so quickly we almost missed the little crab.

Totally agree with your take. We got to ride during MNSSHP, and while it was cute, definitely not worth 120 minute wait. I wouldn't wait more than 10 minutes to ride it.

I completely agree (and we saw it during the Halloween party too). Then again we're a bit spoiled by going during the 'quiet' seasons - I can't think of anything I'd wait 2 hours for.

We were there today and there was quite a wait. The ride was down for the first hour or two that the park was open, so, once it started running, the line swelled. We had a FP and were on in just a few minutes, but the standby line looked like it was taking a while.

Minerva Mouse said:
Isn't it more than just a little crab? I thought it was a game or something?

It was around midnight and we were walking through rather quickly. It looked like several little display things with the crab doing cute stuff. Honestly that's all I remember so I'm not much help.

Yesterday I saw it at 115 mins standby. At around 9:40 yesterday the fp queue was past the carousel for the ride. Around 1-2pm yesterday it was just as long. The return windows weren't very far out though. Must give a lot of fps out compared to other rides due to its capacity?
Wait was about 50 mins today

We rode it this morning and practically walked on, the line moved quickly and we did not have to stand around. The staging area is very very cool, lots to look at, very nice. We waited much longer for Peter Pan's Flight. I think there is an error in the app. There was a long line for Be Our Guest quick service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter