• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12 night stay in December, but can't buy AP or ticket longer than 7 days. Help!

Dizjunkieee

Mouseketeer
So I have an annual pass, but hubby does not. We have a 12 night stay to celebrate our 25th Anniversary and I have been holding off getting tickets for him in hopes Disney would change either the 7 day max ticket rule, or better yet, allow AP purchases again. Other than buying a 7 day and a separate 5 day for him, which is obviously tons more expensive, any thoughts? Anyone know when these rules might change? I am getting antsy as I need to make our PP reservations. Thanks!

Nobody knows. I would wait as long as you can before buying the tickets. If you are staying at a resort, it'll be more likely that park reservations will be available when you do buy tickets (Disney doesn't guaratee reservations, but I haven't seen any reports from resort guests not being able to make reservations for a park yet. I suspect Disney makes sure the bucket is large enough for all those guests).

Lots of options: Plan for some non-park days. A trip to DS, miniature golf, tour the different resorts, pool day. Uber/Lyft to Universal for a couple of days (or shorten your WDW and stay a few days at US Resorts).

You could buy the 7 day ticket to reserve your HS days, and whichever other days you think are likely to book up. Then wait til the last minute to buy the 2nd ticket, or upgrade to a longer ticker / AP if available at that time.

You could buy the 7 day ticket to reserve your HS days, and whichever other days you think are likely to book up. Then wait til the last minute to buy the 2nd ticket, or upgrade to a longer ticker / AP if available at that time.
I could, but am worried about availability (hadn't been until recently. My dates are 11/30-12/12 & look at the calendar as of today! I find it very odd that weekdays are already limited, but the weekend isn't?!!532828

Right. So book the 7 days now that you're most concerned about - that would be any HS days. And whichever other days are most likely to book fully - probably MK on Mon or Fri if that is in your plans. Epcot is extremely unlikely to book up, and AK is also very unlikely. Really, even MK is unlikely to fully book most days. Book the HS days now while they're still available, then add in the other days when you have ticket media. No reason to be jittery about booking Epcot or AK this far out for those days.

Or buy the 2nd 5 day ticket to reserve the extra days too, if you think you'll use it in the future in the event that the ticketing options change and you don't need it this time.

I would either remove some resort nights for a shorter stay or just plan for non-park days. Who knows if you buy 2 tickets if you will even be able to use them. The winter months may be undpredictable in terms of capacity and even travel.

Right. So book the 7 days now that you're most concerned about - that would be any HS days. And whichever other days are most likely to book fully - probably MK on Mon or Fri if that is in your plans. Epcot is extremely unlikely to book up, and AK is also very unlikely. Really, even MK is unlikely to fully book most days. Book the HS days now while they're still available, then add in the other days when you have ticket media. No reason to be jittery about booking Epcot or AK this far out for those days.

Great advice! I think I will do this for now, and see what happens as I get a bit closer to travel date. If things seem to be really booing up at the other parks, I will go ahead and get the additional ticket at that point. :)

The tickets you buy will always retain their dollar value that you paid. If APs open up before your trip, then you can use the tickets to get an AP or save them until later. If you were going next year, I would say wait; however, December is getting full, so I wouldn't wait on DHS and MK.

We booked a 12-day Disney stay for January 2021 prior to Covid. We bought a 10-day pass in August and scheduled our park days. However, if WDW is not selling annual passes so we can upgrade at Customer Relations upon arrival we are canceling everything and waiting until our 15 day trip during Wine and Food in October 2021 to go to WDW. With three trips to WDW scheduled in 2021 an AP is a must!!

So I have an annual pass, but hubby does not. We have a 12 night stay to celebrate our 25th Anniversary and I have been holding off getting tickets for him in hopes Disney would change either the 7 day max ticket rule, or better yet, allow AP purchases again. Other than buying a 7 day and a separate 5 day for him, which is obviously tons more expensive, any thoughts? Anyone know when these rules might change? I am getting antsy as I need to make our PP reservations. Thanks!

Have you tried calling Guest Services to see if you might be able to get an AP for your hubs? I know general sales aren't open, but since you already have one I wonder if they would consider your case singularly. Couldn't hurt to ask, I suppose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter