12/23- tips, advice

Then the night of the 22nd might be a good time to do a F! dining package (HB, BB, or RBT -- all have good viewing) -- that would give you a very good view of a very fun show. And the first show would allow you to stay in your viewing section to view the fireworks from the ROA, too. That would take a lot of pressure off your schedule for the next day.
Be aware that characters in the parks are different at DLR -- no FPs needed and more spontaneity (often roaming without handlers). So have your camera/phone ready just in case your daughter sees a character she wants to meet or a character meets her (!). When the magic happens this way, it can be super special.

We did meet a few characters (the only ones we bothered to wait more than ten minutes for were Jack and Sally, and that’s only because she adores them). The characters spend a lot more time here with the kids than they do in WDW.

It was crowded at both parks but it wasn’t as crowded as the World gets at this time of year. It was like Epcot Food and Wine on some random weekend with an unpopular band playing crowded.

We actually skipped all the nighttime shows and focused on rides. We rode almost everything with Maxpass and several rides without it.

Thanks for all the tips everyone !

Last edited:
Yesterday was quite light. I expect today to be about the same.
It was very light until afternoon..and even then it was still not bad. It was also very cold and gloomy for most of the day. I felt DCA was more crowded than DL. Also, not sure if I was spacing out, but I would read a wait time on the app, and then when I would get over to a ride, the wait time was often lower?

Today is pretty busy compared to yesterday I feel. DL felt much more crowded
We've spent most of the day in DCA and it was pretty light there. No wait for Carthay lounge. FP for Guardians was easy. No lines at the food booths. Soarin' had a minimal line. Tomorrow will be a little more crowded. Wednesday will be "Where did all these people come from!!!"

It was very light until afternoon..and even then it was still not bad. It was also very cold and gloomy for most of the day. I felt DCA was more crowded than DL. Also, not sure if I was spacing out, but I would read a wait time on the app, and then when I would get over to a ride, the wait time was often lower?
We were in both parks back and forth until about 9p, then headed back to the room. It was "gloomy" ie cloudy most of the day. It was cooler today though. Lines were pretty short even into the evening. Was surprised at 6pm Indy was still passing out FP for 930.

We've spent most of the day in DCA and it was pretty light there. No wait for Carthay lounge. FP for Guardians was easy. No lines at the food booths. Soarin' had a minimal line. Tomorrow will be a little more crowded. Wednesday will be "Where did all these people come from!!!"
Yikes! Today was busier than yesterday, can’t wait to see crowds tomorrow :p

I was watching the wait times yesterday and today. It has gotten busier each day, but early mornings are still the best time to get things done!
We are heading to the grand Californian tomorrow for brunch at storytellers. Will we have an issue driving to the hotel from the Irvine area? Brunch is at 11:45 and normally it would take about 20 minutes to drive there.

We are heading to the grand Californian tomorrow for brunch at storytellers. Will we have an issue driving to the hotel from the Irvine area? Brunch is at 11:45 and normally it would take about 20 minutes to drive there.
I don't have experience driving from Irvine, as I come from the LA area..but check Waze before leaving. Also, check Disneyland Today's twitter for parking information. They give updates on the structure, but I assume if that gets full, it could impact the traffic and areas surrounding the park when people are being redirected.

I wouldn’t expect much traffic getting to the Disneyland area. You may have some issues with resort traffic if they are redirecting cars to the toy story lot.

I would leave extra time for parking. I doubt you’ll have traffic on the way there unless there is an accident.

I was watching the wait times yesterday and today. It has gotten busier each day, but early mornings are still the best time to get things done!
Yes! We still got most of my son’s favorites this morning for our last day. :) it’s still manageable really. I find that because it’s peak time, we are ready for the crowds. Expectations are much easier to manage!

Had no troubles at all driving into the Disney area today to park at grand Californian for our character breakfast. Downtown Disney didn’t seem crowded at all including world of Disney which I assumed would be packed. I snuck away from the group and went to the park entrances and there were no lines at all. I couldn’t believe it. Granted, this was at 1:30 and I’m sure through the gates told a different story, but we had such a pleasant visit. Storytellers was fun with tons of interaction.

Had no troubles at all driving into the Disney area today to park at grand Californian for our character breakfast. Downtown Disney didn’t seem crowded at all including world of Disney which I assumed would be packed. I snuck away from the group and went to the park entrances and there were no lines at all. I couldn’t believe it. Granted, this was at 1:30 and I’m sure through the gates told a different story, but we had such a pleasant visit. Storytellers was fun with tons of interaction.
I checked the wait times today expecting horrendous wait times, and the only thing over 100 minutes was RSR (of course!), and Space Mountain (which could have been due to Matterhorn being down at the same time). Guardians stayed around 40 minutes. There were many rides under an hour..so it really didn't look bad at all given the time of year.

Today was very different. Space mountain 160 mins, Matterhorn- 120. Even the FP line for Matterhorn was over 30 mins!
Glad I went home today! It did take the Uber driver 15mins to pick us up from GCH because of the traffic outside.

Today was very different. Space mountain 160 mins, Matterhorn- 120. Even the FP line for Matterhorn was over 30 mins!
Yeah I was checking the app, and saw the insanity. Also I think DL did reach some sort of capacity because they halted tickets to it.

Normally I’m wishing to be at DL, but today was NOT one of those days lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter