• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

12/20 Wonder- We almost won the cruise!

Disney Debbie

<font color=deeppink>Survivor<br><font color=blue>
Had a great time on the Wonder and already am looking into the 7 day in 2003. For the 6:30 "Who Want's to Be A Mouseketeer" Becca got picked! Since she's under 18 I "had" to go with her. We got all but the last question! If we hadn't "gone" for the cruise we would have had $400 ship board credit but since we did try and win the cruise we ended up with $175 - which was $175 more then we started with. It was really exciting - Becca was so poised! When we left the stage I had to sign a slip saying I wasn't a Disney employee and my hand was shaking I was so nervous!!

This was my parent's 11th cruise - their 1st Disney - and they said it was the best they've been on for food, service, friendliness, entertainment and how efficiently they got you on and off the boat. They're wanting to go again too!

If Becca's the girl in the photo in your signature, I'm not surprised about her poise. A girl that age who can mug like that with Mickey with her parents seems like someone with reasonable self-assurance.

Congratulations! I'm glad you had fun! (Maybe Becca can make another $175 selling her pin on eBay! LOL!)

So, what was the question?

You guys really did well. You really had to go for it. $400 shipboard credit or $175, is a lot of money, but not that much when compared to a 7 day cruise. I would have gone for it, too. Not that I would have been able to answer so many question correctly up to that level. lol.

Tina
Wonder
1/17/02

:bounce:

Yeah, I was there at that "Mousketeer" show. Like everyone else said, you HAD to go for it. I would have guessed the same as you guys for that last question. I was sitting directly behind you when you were picked *sigh-- so close*. But anyway, congrats!

They were talking about the "Who Wants to Be A Mouseketeer" pin contestants get after they leave stage. The $175 part was exaggerating a little, but it was up to $50 or $60 the last time I saw it.

my son and i were contestants on the 11/15 wonder cruise and received the pin. I WONDER where it is??? I was hpoing that was what they were talking about. We are not pin collectors, but it does bring back great memories. Thanks for the quick response.

I just read Dave's response to this post and would just like to comment on his contributions to these boards. He is always quick to respond , is well-informed, and his comments are very positive - thanks Dave!

Dave - Becca is the girl in my signature and thank you very much! We're very proud of her.

Hopkins - the questions was - Who was the voice of Zurg in the straight to video movie - and I don't remember the name of the movie - but it was Buzz Lightyear something something. I remember three of the choices - Brad Garrett, Wayne Knight and Dan Castleanetta. I never even considered Wayne Knight because I knew he was a character in Toy Story 2! - but he was the correct answer! The next morning I sat up in bed, looked at my husband and said "NEWMAN!!" just like Jerry Seinfield used to!

SF4Nynah- So did you see the fight Saturday night? :eek: Wonder how many times that happens!!! I had just been talking to my family about how nice everyone on the ship had been - no obnoxious families or bratty kids (that I'd seen anyway!) and just as the words got out of my mouth those guys started swinging!!
:eek: :eek:

disneydebbie....

A fist fight on the ship of Dreams....oh wait, that was the Titanic.....please tell more about the fist fight on the Wonder. What was it all about? Did they see their onboard charges and go ballistic or what?

MJ

As best I can piece together - I did notice a couple CLIMBING over the seats to get down further into the theatre. I thought it was tacky and stupid but really didn't think much more about it. The man from that couple was one of the ones in the fight. I talked to the guy that broke it up later that night and his girlfriend told him that the wife of the climber said that either she or her husband had bumped into a woman who was seated. The seated woman (according to the climber) then purposely tripped her, words were exchanged and the next thing you know the two husbands were swinging fists! The guy I talked to was a young guy who was probably 6'4" and 250 lbs of muscle so he jumped in and got it separated pretty quickly. Then the seated lady and the climber wife start telling what happened and the seated lady kept running her mouth - I really thought she'd be swinging fists! In the mean time the cruise director is trying to introduce the show and gets flustered and yells out " Oh no- Disney, Minnie, Mickey!" It was really pretty funny! Finally a Disney cast member goes over and talks to them - but the woman is still running her mouth when the CM leaves - so I grabbed her as she walked by and told her I was afraid she was going to start it back up - she said she was sending a producer down. He came down and talked to her and then the show started! If I have any criticism - and this would be the only - of the cruise it would be that I think both couples should have been kicked out! But they settled down. I can't imagine watching that BEAUTIFUL show after getting into a fight though!

Debbie,
We were on the 12/20 cruise and had a great time and am also looking into a 7 day for 2003.
My ds 14 and dd 16 went to late showing of atlantis with another couple and they saw on older very large kid climb over the seat in the Buena vista theatre and kicked on older gentleman in the head. They said it was terrible. Of course the kid apologized but it doesn't make up for the stupidity of climbing over seats.

Hey, we won $80! We were the second contestants. That Mary Poppins question was dicey! Since Jessica was the one who was in the seat - I let her pick, but I was far from sure either. The question was "Which song from Mary Poppins won te Academy Award?" Chim Chim Cher ee or Spoonful of Sugar...

Debbie, you didn't happen to video tape the whole game did you?

cruise.jpg

We were on the 12-8 Magic and a guy won the cruise on that exact question! I knew the answer right away because we are huge Buzz fans.

The guy who won it worked in a dentist office where they played nothing but Disney videos all day. He had no problem with any of the Disney movie questions.

:)

Hey Mr. Shiny! You're daughter was a doll! Isn't that funny that of the few DISer's on the cruise two of us went on one right after another? We were amazed at how it worked out for us. We'd already decided (it was me, DH, DD and my parents) that if any of the adults seat # got called that I would go up since I'm the Disney freak. But my Dad had said what would be ideal would be for Becca to get called and then take me with her - and that's exactly what happened!!

That woman before you two was a real character, wasn't she?:rolleyes:

I knew the answer to your question! I'm a huge Mary Poppins fan.

We don't even have a video camera! I didn't even bring my camera that night because I knew you couldn't take pictures - I sure wish I had though so I could do what you did and take a picture before we left the stage. My hands were shaking so badly though it probably wouldn't have come out right!

So did you see the fight? :eek:

(Tell everyone that I look better in person then my picture :D)

Buzz Lightyear - if only you'd posted it on this board!!! (Although I was so swamped before we left at work I probably would have missed it!) Hmmm - the way I figure it - you owe me a 7-day cruise for two. ;)

Yes that woman was a hoot! How she thought the host was trying to confuse her when he was trying to give her the answer! Too bad - I should have had your question and you mine!

Hmmmm - I'll have to have a talk with Becca!!!

I noticed the host didn't give her any more help after that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter