12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
tynkerbell said:
Wanted to share my happy news... :goodvibes

Today I weighed in at my weight loss goal weight!!! :woohoo: That's 97 pounds lost since last september! Of course I plan to try to lose a few more pounds before the cruise so that I can indulge a little on the desserts and not have to feel guilty gaining a few pounds. ;)

That is awesome!!! Way to go!!

tynkerbell said:

Today I weighed in at my weight loss goal weight!!! :woohoo: That's 97 pounds lost since last september! Of course I plan to try to lose a few more pounds before the cruise so that I can indulge a little on the desserts and not have to feel guilty gaining a few pounds. ;)

That is FANTASTIC news, Dody!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I have accomplished quite a bit today!!!!

I can see the top of the dining room table!!!!

We will be able to eat Thanksgiving dinner on it!!! :thumbsup2 DH is going to fall over when he walks in tomorrow night. :rotfl: I threw out a ton of stuff and put the rest where it goes. That is our dumping ground....NO MORE!!!! There is a growing pile of things in the corner of the room for cruise related things but that wont be there for much longer. :woohoo: I've managed to get a bunch of other small things done too...which add up to alot! :Pinkbounc

slindamood said:
Thanks for all of the PD and good wishes - the situation is related to the current elections.

I work for the state legislature - nonpartisan staff that drafts bills, etc. About a week ago we were told at work not to buy any nonrefundable tickets for the holidays. (And who is just now getting around to buying tickets?) The followup was that all vacation time between now and Jan 7 is conditional. If we go into session after elections - no vacation time.

And after the election returns I know - the punch line today will be - we are going into lame duck session until January 7. So my choice is - give my 2 weeks notice, or cancel the cruise.

(Do I hear "quit quit quit" coming from these boards)

Will keep you posted - thanks for the PD :goodvibes

Suzanne

Suzanne, I am sorry to hear of your horrible dilemma. While I hope you are still able to join us, you have a some tough choices to make. Here's hoping everything finds a way of working out! :grouphug:

pjpoohbear said:
Caroline, that is just so not funny! :sad2:

I still luvs ya, but girl!

Pj

Sorry PJ. I thought you needed a dinner mate at WWL (I think that's the one). :confused3 :teeth: :goodvibes :banana:

klineyqueen said:
That does seem like an aweful lot of money. Our HS band is going in the spring for a week and they each need like $500. Do they do any fundraising to help defer the cost?

The do fundraising. But there is no way I am going to spend $5000 for our family! If I were, I better be staying at the GF!!

elaineteresa said:
you would think she could pay her own way there much cheaper and still participate in the activity. maybe you need to give them some advice on how to do it cheaply. do they have any leftover monies at the end?

elaine

Last year was the first year DD was "invited." As you may or may not know, I don't fly, so I asked about it without airline tickets. Said it couldn't be done. :rolleyes: If you don't take the plan, they can't dance. I had thought of plugging her in with another family and doing us seperate, but it wasn't to be. No big deal. I just always wonder about why it is so high!

klineyqueen said:
I had to take Jake's at 15 months. He expected me to get out of bed every hour and give him is binkie...no way!!! I went back to work and could not handle that. He cried for about 3 days and was over it. Eliza never had an interest. Not a problem.

WOO HOO!!!! I HIT 5,000 PERSONAL POSTS!!!!​
:cheer2: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Congrats Brandi!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

lbgraves said:
That is our dumping ground....NO MORE!!!!

O cleaning master tell me of this mythical large horizontal space with nothing on it.....

Tell me how one intends to keep it clear.....

Barbed wire ....cattle prods.....electric shock fencing

:rotfl:

goofyforlife said:
I'm hoping this work ethic continues with dd into her first paying job too... I sure know that i can't get her to clean her room for me. :rolleyes1
My work ethics have alway been very high also, from starting at a very young age (7 years old in fruit orchards - earning enough for my own school clothes, spending money and gifts for others for Christmas), BUT I have difficulty getting motivated to clean my room also! :rolleyes:

pjpoohbear said:
I bought 12 pack of Hot Dogs and a 12 pack of buns this weekend, see we are more advanced up here, lol. ;) :woohoo:

Pj
I'm thinking we could learn a couple of things from you! 12 dogs and 12 buns! Revolutionary!! ;)

goofyforlife said:
From what i've gathered in various cookbooks...The crust is treated as just a topping not the thing itself...

Ex: Chicken pot pie topped with biscuits
Chicken pot pie with flaky crust
Chicken pot pie with cheese

So Brandi I guess our PA version would win...ie that pot pie itself has no crust but can and maybe shoud be topped with various bread substances or other ingredients.

Ok, you're stretching it now... :rolleyes1

;)

tynkerbell said:

Wow! Congratulations! What an inspiration! :thumbsup2

Congrats Dody!!! That is fantastic news! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter