???????

Kimmumum

DIS Veteran
My husband is running the 1/2 marathon in Jan. I just called DVC and ALL of the DVC resorts are booked for that time frame.

I have never had to use the codes and am not familiar with how they work. Do I want to book a room only with the codes? Do I book a package? Does it matter? What if a better code comes along....do I just change it or do you have to cancel and rebook? Is there usually free dining in January?

Since the codes are not out yet for Jan. do I book now and have the code applied later? HELP!!!!

Anything you can tell will be helpful. I am quite frazzled right now :badpc: :sad2: :badpc:

Codes are the discounts. Right now there is an AP room discount, and a general public package discount. If you already have reservations and a code comes out, they can apply to discount to your existing reservation if you call.

Hope this helps!

This is a dumb question but where do I find the general code for Jan?

I read another thread and they said it wasn't out yet? Did I read it wrong?

Thanks for your help. I'm going crazy right now.

At the moment there are no codes for January other than a AAA discount. You can make a reservation and then see if something comes out for January. If a code is released you can apply it to your reservation.

I don't think free dining has ever been offered in January. Free Dining is offered during hurricane season - it helps people forget about the threat of hurricanes and book their trips anyway :teeth:

Thanks for your help everyone. One last question....is it better to book through a Disney specialty travel agent or directly through Disney? Will the travel agents look for codes etc?

:wave: Check mousesavers.com to keep current on any codes/offers that come out:

http://www.mousesavers.com/

And be sure to subscribe to their newsletter that notifies you as soon as deals come up:

http://www.mousesavers.com/newsletter.html

I think most people agree that a good Disney specialty agent is great to use, mostly because the agent will continue to keep checking your ressie for any deals that come up that might apply and then they will modify your ressie with Disney directly for you to give you the better rates - though I also use Disney online sometimes (usually later at night when I see a deal and I just can't wait until the next day to book - scared it will be gone!) :rotfl: :goodvibes

Kimum,
The agent link i gave you is an agency that is contracted with Disney to book rooms and packages for people who are competeing at various events at WDW. I am not affiliated with them at all, i just know of their work and they get discounted rooms and stuff.

don't forget to get on the waitlist. there are buildings at SSR that might be finished by then. Also don't forget you can book on cash and get a discount.

Do you have an AP?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter