11 nights of QSDP w/PIX-I didn't have 1 burger!UPDTD Last day. Breakfast WPE

Joining in. :)I'm interested to see the variety you were able to get in case our group decides on the QSDP instead of the regular DP (or on no plan at all) for our next trip. I don't like to order food on vacation that I could easily get at home and can honestly say that the only burgers I've ever had at Disney have been at Sci-Fi and Beaches in Cream. Looking forward to more. popcorn::

Great review so far! The food from WPE and Contempo looked really good. It's so nice to see how you, your mom and daughter all went together - 3 generations! :goodvibes

we're going to do 10 nights on the qsdp next year and I've already spent a long time looking at all the menus online trying to avoid eating too many burgers. I don't mind a couple but don't want one every day.

WPE and Contempo Cafe are already on my 'must do' list, I had picked the mahi sandwich just by looking at the menu but having now seen a picture of it, I'm sure I want to give it a try :)

Rienchen said:
we're going to do 10 nights on the qsdp next year and I've already spent a long time looking at all the menus online trying to avoid eating too many burgers. I don't mind a couple but don't want one every day.

WPE and Contempo Cafe are already on my 'must do' list, I had picked the mahi sandwich just by looking at the menu but having now seen a picture of it, I'm sure I want to give it a try

I don't mind burgers either but if there's something else better out there I'll pick that. Besides, burgers here at Disneyland are pretty bad.

The Mahi sandwich was good enough that we went back a few days later and had it again. :goodvibes

st4rrab0vemybed said:
Great review so far! The food from WPE and Contempo looked really good. It's so nice to see how you, your mom and daughter all went together - 3 generations!

Thanks! We do enjoy going to WDW together. I think DD just likes that fact that we are all in the same room for 11 days!

Busymom85 said:
Enjoying your review so far. We are tryin the QDP this time so interested in what you think.

Thanks, hope I can help.

SmallWorld71 said:
Joining in. I'm interested to see the variety you were able to get in case our group decides on the QSDP instead of the regular DP (or on no plan at all) for our next trip. I don't like to order food on vacation that I could easily get at home and can honestly say that the only burgers I've ever had at Disney have been at Sci-Fi and Beaches in Cream. Looking forward to more.

Welcome. Ditto above. ;)

thumbalyna said:
i will be in disney on dec 15th and this is the first time we are using the QSDP only because it was free - i cant wait to see where else you eat. Dec 09 i had a breakdown at one point and screamed i dont ever want to eat another cheeseburger again lol

Poor thing! If I only had burgers and nuggets to look forward to eating while at WDW it would really take away so much of the fun of our trip.

Disney_Mama said:
Great start. Can't wait for more.

Thanks! More is on it's way!

momto2inKC said:
Enjoying your reviews The kids and I will be at Disney in 26 days and have the free QSDP.
Thanks! Is this your first time using a Dining Plan?

The 4 "Quay"balleros said:
Subbing

We like QS meals, but we wouldn't pay for the plan now that a snack credit has been removed for next year- it was basically break even now. Let's hope that they offer free dining for a long time to come

Welcome! I couldn't agree more! Free is so much better than paying for it. We paid for way back in Jan. 05 when if first started. Free is sooooo much better!:laughing: I don't think I would pay for it with only the one SC.

John's Mom said:
Great start!
Thanks and welcome!

chocovrdmicears said:
I'm in! Great reviews!
Thank you and welcome aboard!

dizneeat said:
Looks like a mighty tasty trip ........ I guess I need to get in on this one!
Welcome. I think we were finally hungry about 3 days after we got home!

jecskc said:
Loving your review so far !! We often split CS meals as well. It really spreads meals out and you aren't so stuffed after eating. Or wasting food. The kids never eat all of their food, so DH and i always split something and eat whatever they have left over. It is always plenty of food. Can't wait to see more !!

Thank you! We have found out that when we don't share meals we end up with extra food that we end up throwing out. :confused3 We share meals out at home too.

Cin said:
Ice cream for breakfast??? What a Mom!

Thanks! :hug: Hey, the way I figure it at least she gets some diary this way-she eats her cereal dry. Oh wait, she didn't get ice cream in the a.m. Maybe the Nestle Blast had some fruit in it?:laughing: What the heck-it's not like we eat this way at home, right?

I have day 2 almost ready. I'll try to post it later today. Thanks all for reading and for the great comments! Looks like many of you are going to WDW soon with one of the DDP. Make sure you click on the link on my siggie below for the 2011 Confirmed Snacks. There's more out there than just popcorn, whole fruits, beverages, and ice cream novelties-so much more!

Here it is!

Day 2-Sunday, Oct. 9

DisneyQuest, DTD, and offsite

Once again we woke to a rainy day though not nearly as bad as yesterday. Since DQ was too busy yesterday to do and we were meeting up with my DM’s 92 y/o Uncle (A Pearl Harbor survivor) for dinner, we decided to go back to DQ. We got there shortly before it opened and didn’t get rained on too much while we waited in line. DQ opens at 11:30

We ate breakfast in the room. Cereal, bagels, fruit, etc. Mostly items we had picked up at WM on the way in. Made some hot water for tea in the coffee maker from my Fridge swap. No rush this a.m. (still adjusting to 3 hour time difference).

104_1501.jpg

Here’s DD getting a soda refill at POP about 10 to 10. Told you, no rush this a.m.

Snack-Foodquest 5th floor.
I was nearby Foodquest when it opened at noon and decided to grab a quick snack for the 3 of us so we could eat a later lunch. I figured with how crowded DQ was that the wait for food would be long if I waited. I selected the Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cupcake for DM and me to share and the M&M Brownie for DD. She had one of these last year at Starring Rolls at DHS and she liked it. I didn’t want to waste a SC on a beverage so I just got us some (free) water.

104_1516.jpg

Display case at Food Quest.

The PB & C cupcake was pretty good. Moist and you could taste the PB. Though it still looks better than it tastes it did tast good. DD enjoyed the M&M Brownie though it’s basically a cake-brownie, topped with lots of frosting and a lot of minim M&Ms. A definite sugar rush! My DM and I finished the cupcake but the brownie didn’t get all eaten. Maybe I should have gotten a milk to go with? USED 2 SC. 59 LEFT $8

Would we eat here again? Yes for a snack. Since we didn't have a meal here I won't comment on them.

There are 2 Food Quests at DQ. One on the 5th floor and one on the 4th. One of them used to be called Wonderland Café but they are both Food Quest now (according to the signs). The one on the 5th floor is open from Noon-8 and the one on the 4th floor is open from 2 to closing. At least this is what a very friendly CM told me at the 4th floor one. She did say that these hours are during low season. They change during high season.

There are a lot of tables to eat at on the 5th floor. Very comfortable seating area. When we first started to eat we basically had the place to ourselves. About a ½ hour later, while my DM waited for us there, she said it got really busy and all tables were taken so she left. She didn’t want to take a table just to sit at while others were eating. If you are going to eat at DQ, and it’s a busy day, my suggestion would be to eat early (or late) or do what we did and get a snack to tide you over and then have a later lunch at one of the DTD CS locations. The food at all 3 is very good-you can’t go wrong. Better than your basic burgers, pizza, hot dogs, and nuggets. MUCH!

104_1518-1.jpg

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cupcake, M&M Brownie, and water at Food Quest

104_1521-1.jpg

Inside of PB&C cupcake

104_1523-1.jpg

M&M Brownie

We left DQ about 1:30 and went to get some lunch. While we were inside the rain had stopped. We decided to take the boat over the Marketplace side but the boats were closed when we got there, due to the rain. But what’s that across the lake? Yeah, one of the Sassagoula boats. They just started running. I like the boats at DTD-they are always a pleasant experience. Boarded about 2 and arrived at Marketplace about 2:15. After 2 stops

COOKES OF DUBLIN for lunch

104_1557.jpg

Cookes exterior

CookesofDublin10-2011.jpg

Cookes menu

We took our time walking about and arrived at Cookes around 2:40. The skies were darkening but the rain was holding off. Would it hold off until we finished eating? You’ll just have to read on to see.;)

Cookes wasn’t too busy and we knew what we wanted since we ate here last year. DD got the Battered Chicken Tenders with chips (fries). My DM and I decided to get the Georges Bank Atlantic Scallops $11.95 to share which we enjoyed last year and 1 order of the Double Dipped Onion Rings $4.00 as a snack credit. For dessert we got 2 fresh fruit salads. Last year when we ate here the only dessert you were allowed to get were the fruit salads. You couldn’t even get a cookie even though they are about ½ the price. This year I asked the cashier if we had to get the fruit cups, he said no, we could get cookies, fruit, or cupcakes. Yep, they have cupcakes too! We opted for the fruit anyway since we knew it was very fresh and what we didn’t eat we could take back to the room to enjoy later (maybe or breakfast). The cashier also said the cupcakes and cookies were available as a SC as well. They had the cupcakes on display and they looked pretty good. Pink and green ones. He said they were raspberry and pistachio(I think) ones. Cupcakes are $3.50

104_1560.jpg

Cupcake Display

104_1561.jpg

A pix of Cookes cup-yes I will take a picture of almost anything!:laughing:

He had to ring up the onion rings separately, since they are a snack. This is the case at some locations. I’ve had it happen before, it’s no big deal. We took our numbers (they deliver to your table) filled up our 2 sodas, and headed outside to find a table. The sky was still looking angry and we were hoping to find a table with an umbrella. Unfortunately there we no umbrellas available and in fact we got the last table. The bar wasn’t open yet but people were smoking around us, on the patio. I found this annoying since everyone who was seated outside was eating. It’s pretty disgusting to be enjoying your food while getting mouthfuls of smoke. I noticed the group that was doing the most smoking waited until they were done eating until they lit up but they completely ignored the fact that there were plenty of people around them still eating. Luckily they left just after our food arrived.

It did take awhile for our food to arrive-since they cook to order. We got there about 2:37, ordered at 2:42, and the food arrived about 3:05. Just as our food showed up it started to sprinkle. Oh no! Luckily there was a large table to our side that 2 groups were sharing, with an umbrella. One of the groups had just left so we asked to join the 2 ladies remaining. YEAH!

104_1567-1.jpg

Scallops and chips

104_1566-1.jpg

Double Battered Onion Rings

104_1565-1.jpg

Battered Chicken Tenders

The scallops were as good as I remembered. Nicely cooked, sweet, and delicious! Not a huge serving but 4 nice sized scallops with a nice serving of chips (thick cut fries). DD’s Chicken Tenders were white meat, flavorful, and juicy. They look more like Fish but this was the chicken. 2 large pieces. The Double Battered Onion Rings ($5) were very good! There were quite a few of them and they were tasty. I would have liked them a little bit browner, but that’s just me! I would get them again and I would definitely use a SC for them. A heck of a bargain. All of our food arrived hot, which I love!

Sorry I didn't get a photo of the fresh fruit cups-let me see if I have one from last year....Okay it's not great but it does show the size of the fresh fruit container. See the 3 containers stacked up behind the food? That's the size of it! No kidding though-the fruit is good and fresh. Nice variety too.

103_1895.jpg

Our total for 2 CS and 1 SC came to just under $42. 2CS value $36.60 so $18 each and the SC was $5.33 . USED 2 CS, 59 LEFT, USED 1 SC 58 LEFT.

We had dinner with my DM’s 92 y/o uncle ( Pearl Harbor veteran) offsite at Carrabas. He paid for our meal so so far we haven’t spent any money OOP for food. :thumbsup2 Will we be able to say that same thing at the end of our trip? Stay tuned!

DD and I went back to DQ for a short visit after dinner. We didn't eat anything so nothing to report food-wise.

Here are some photos of the menus at DQ.
FoodQuest2.jpg

5th floor menu. You basic burgers, wraps, pizza, chicken strips, etc.

104_1606.jpg

5th floor FoodQuest after hours

FoodQuest.jpg

4th floor-basically snacks. No entrees

FoodQuest3.jpg

4th floor

Total credits used today 3 SC and 2 CS. Uh oh-we are falling behind on one use of credits. We’ve only used 5 SC and 7 CS. Way off our allowed 12 of each! YIKES! We better eat more!:woohoo:

Today we would have spent $13 on 3 snacks ($4.33 each) and $36.60 on 2 CS meals, or $18.30 each. Total not spent today-almost $50. Total to date $176 for 2 days.

Thanks! Is this your first time using a Dining Plan?

No, we usually do the regular dining plan, so this will be a new experience for us. I'm honestly really looking forward to not planning our days around meals. While we enjoy the TS restaurants, we just want to go with the flow and eat when we feel like it, where ever.:thumbsup2

The food at Cookes looks so yummy! I'm sorry to hear about the rude smokers though. I'm a smoker, and I even know better than to do something like that! I'm surprised nobody said anything to them, esp. since Disney has a smoking policy. :confused3

subbing, All of your meals look so good, I can't wait for our trip. We have the first week with QSMP and then the second with the DDP (free). We have never used the dining plan before so I'm anxious to see how we like them. Right now my main thought of it is the convenience. We will see....keep up the good work with your dining review, I'm loving it.

tybrilinja said:
subbing, All of your meals look so good, I can't wait for our trip. We have the first week with QSDP and then the second with the DDP (free). We have never used the dining plan before so I'm anxious to see how we like them. Right now my main thought of it is the convenience. We will see....keep up the good work with your dining review, I'm loving it.

Thanks and welcome! I love both the Dining Plans.

archdandy said:
I'm subbing! I agree, those meals from Cookes of Dublin looks excellent!

Welcome! And they were. I think of the 3 locations at DTD ( Eos, WPE, and Cookes) Cookes gets overlooked the most.

st4rrab0vemybed said:
The food at Cookes looks so yummy! I'm sorry to hear about the rude smokers though. I'm a smoker, and I even know better than to do something like that! I'm surprised nobody said anything to them, esp. since Disney has a smoking policy.

I know. I didn't really see any Disney CMs around and I have noticed in the past few years more and more guests smoking in non-smoking areas at both WDW and DLR. I frequently see guests walking around DLR with a cigarette in their hand. Annoys me to no end. I know most smokers are courteous-both my Dsis' smoke. It's just the few who give all the rest of you a bad name!;)

momto2inKC said:
No, we usually do the regular dining plan, so this will be a new experience for us. I'm honestly really looking forward to not planning our days around meals. While we enjoy the TS restaurants, we just want to go with the flow and eat when we feel like it, where ever.

I couldn't agree more. Going with the flow is how our trips are any way so not having to be in a certain place at a certain time has been wonderful . And now that they are going to charge you if you don't show up for your ADR at more restaurants that's another reason to love QSDP.

Day 3-part 1
We finally go to a park!
Animal Kingdom and Epcot for F&WF.
Let the snacking begin!

EVERYTHING POP Breakfast
Once again we got a Continental Combo in the food court for breakfast. 2 cherry turnovers and 1 croissant. Then it was off to AK. We arrived about 9:15 which was pretty good for us. This is only day 3 and our bodies still think it’s 6:15 a.m.

UPDATE-as of Jan. 1, 2012 you can no longer get 3 SC for 1 CS meal. You CAN get a Continental Combo consisting of a pastry, fruit, and beverage. That's it-not a great use of a CS. You're looking at about $7-$8

PIZZAFARI lunch at AK

We arrived about 11:15 and it wasn’t too crowded. We ordered 2 meals. Pepperoni Pizza (are you noticing a pizza trend yet?) with side Caesar salad ($9.49) and the Hot Italian-Style Sandwich served with Carrot Sticks or Chips $8.99. 2 large sodas ($2.89 each), Chocolate Mousse ($3.59) and Strawberry Parfait –no sugar added ($3.59) USED 2 CS, 55 remaining. $33.50 if paid.

104_2949.jpg

Our lunch-2 Counter service. The sandwich came with chips or carrots. The chips were your basic plain potato chips. But the bag said Disney on it so I kept it-can’t have enough things to scrap, can you?

104_2951.jpg

Pizzafari Pepperoni Pizza

104_2950.jpg

Hot Italian Sandwich @ Pizzafari

DD has lately been really into pizza. She used to only like cheese but she is finally branching out and likes a little pepperoni. :thumbsup2The pizza was hot and fresh. Nicely cooked. Your basic Disney pizza. The Hot Italian Sandwich was very good. ;)It’s Turkey, Ham, Swiss and Provolone Cheese topped with Caesar Salad and Pesto Marinated Tomatoes. My DM and I shared it and I removed the tomatoes (put them on her half) I don’t hate tomatoes, I just don’t like them in large slices. I can handled them in salsa and chopped up in a taco (as long as there’s not too many) but I just can’t eat them sliced-too slimy! The sandwich is served on a large ½ round of thick bread-foccacia I think. Anyway the sandwich was very good. I would get this again.:goodvibes

The side Caesar was good. Lettuce was crisp. I like the Caesar dressing they toss it in. It has a good taste even if there aren’t any anchovies! Croutons were good though I could always use more! Love my carbs!:rotfl:

104_2952.jpg

Caesar salad Pizzafari

The sodas were refreshing though I think it was at this point that my DM mentioned we don’t always have to get the large size do we? I said we did this time since she and I were sharing. We got Diet Coke, DD got Sprite. We ended up pouring the leftover Diet Coke in my DM’s water bottle-couldn’t let it go to waste could we? AK didn’t use to have straws but they now have paper ones. If you are going to be drinking on it for awhile I suggest getting a few extra as they get soggy pretty fast. And of course there are no lids in AK. AK is one of the parks that I can see it making sense to bring in your refillable mugs. Just so you have something to carry your soda in that’s more stable than the large cups without lids. Or use a water bottle. This is were those collapsible water bottles I ordered back on Sept. 1st would have come in handy. Problem is I still haven't received them after 2 1/2 months!:scared1:

The desserts were okay-The chocolate mousse was the better of the 2. Nice and chocolaty though it did leave a little coating in your mouth. The Strawberry Parfait was not worth the calories. It has no sugar added but basically the yogurt just tasted sweet, no flavor. Would have benefited from some vanilla extract being added in. Maybe they could find the vender who provides McD’s with their vanilla yogurt-I find it very tasty! We ate most of the mousse but the parfait was thrown out. I wish they would bring back the option of getting a frozen Min. Maid lemonade (reg. or strawberry) for a dessert like they had until a few years ago. A much nicer option in my opinion

104_2953.jpg

Chocolate Mousse

Next time we eat at AK I think we are going to go back to Flametree. Not that Pizzafari is bad, I just think FT is a little better though the Italian Sandwich as good. Pizzafari does have a lot of indoor seating which is nice, especially if it’s hot or raining. Each room has beautiful décor. Even if you don’t eat here, stop in and check out the rooms. We ate in the bug room-we had snails all over the ceiling!

Here are some interior shots of Pizzafari

104_2962.jpg

104_2960.jpg

104_2957.jpg

104_2956.jpg

104_2955.jpg

104_2948.jpg

104_2947.jpg

Trilo-bites-Snack AK

104_2981.jpg

104_2980.jpg

Trilo-Bites menu

DD wanted to get a frozen lemonade and since we have so many SC to use of course I said yes. She got one at Trilo-bites in Dinoland (formerly Petrifies). When we got to window the CMs offered us a free Coke. They had poured a regular Coke instead of a Diet Coke for a guest before us. I don’t like reg. Coke but my DM doesn't care if it’s reg. or diet so I took it for her. She was at Guest Services, trying to locate her missing cell phone (which turned out to be in the car!)

The frozen lemonade was very good. It was one of the slushie kind, not the hard Minute Maid ones. In fact, I don’t think we had a single one of the hard ones. Looks like all the frozen lemonades are now the slushie kind. Besides pizza DD loves frozen lemonades!

Sorry, no picture of the slushie-I can’t believe I forgot it! :confused3Today was a very interesting day.;) I will report about it when I do my TR which I will start once I finish this DR.

USED 1 SC, 59 left. $4

Harambe Popcorn AK Snack

Nope, we didn’t get popcorn but we did get the first of one of our favorite snack items in the parks. Cinnamon glazed nuts! They have pecans or almonds. DD prefers pecans so that’s what we got. They were warm and just as delicious as always. 1 SC USED, 58 Left. $4

No pix of these nuts either, but I will have some more nuts later, promise! I told you it was a interesting day!

I will have a total credits used and money saved for the day after I post our early evening visit to EPCOT.

Part 2-F&WF at EPCOT will be in a separate post. Stay tuned.

Day 3 Part 2
Our First visit -2011to the Food & Wine Festival (F&WF) at EPCOT.

This update deals mostly with the snacks we ate at the F&WF that just closed on Sunday. If you aren't interested in it you'll just have to wait for the next installment-but you will miss out on the photos of treats available at Karamel Kuche in Germany!;)

We didn’t arrive at EPCOT until about 7:30 p.m. . Made a quick stop at Club Cool and got to our first booth at about 7:50. Not a lot of time to eat our way around the world. The booths close at 9. We’ll have to hurry. :lmao:

We turned left as we entered the World Showcase (WS) even though conventional wisdom says everyone goes left, you should go right. Thing is we wanted to get us some lamb in Australia and DD couldn’t wait to get a Beef Kefta in Morocco-so left it was!

As I mentioned before this was our 2nd visit to the F&WF . Though last year we were here on opening weekend and it was pretty busy. We didn’t do that much eating. This time we planned on doing more.

First stop, AUSTRALIA

Their food choices were Shrimp on the Barbie with Pepper Berry Citrus Glaze ($4.50) and Grilled Lamb Chop with Potato-Goat Cheese Salad and Shiraz Reduction ($5.75). We could smell the grilling lamb as we approached the booth and knew that’s what we wanted. :cloud9: We ordered 2 to share. Even though there were quite a few people around WS it seemed like most of they had already eaten and where just milling about wait for Illuminations. The lines at the booths were all fairly short, if they even had a line.

104_3010.jpg

We found a tall table just past the booth and proceeded to demolish the lamb. It was perfectly done! Nice char (I watch a lot of Food Network) and medium rare, to rare, on the inside. Between the 3 of us it didn’t take us long to eat. We considered getting another one but didn’t want to fill up too fast. The Potato-Goat Salad was also good, though I expected it to be hot even though it was a salad. The potatoes weren’t too overcooked and the goat cheese added a nice flavor. DD didn’t care for it so DM and I each got a full portion.:goodvibes The reduction sauce was nice as well.

SC USED 2, 56 left. $9.50

Next stop, BRAZIL

We didn’t have far to go, Brazil was the next booth. Their food choices were Seared Mahi Mahi with Steamed Rice, Hearts of Palm and Coconut-Lime Sauce ($4.50) and Feijoada-Brazil’s National dish-Black Bean and Pork Stew ($2.75). We opted for 2 of the Mahi Mahis.

104_3016.jpg

The fish was good. A nice size serving. The rice was just plain white rice, though good. The hearts of palms were interesting. I never had them before and they were fine. DM and I ate most of the fish and hearts. DD was saving herself for the Keftas

SC USED 2, 54 left. $9.50

We passed by several booths, Argentina, Caribbean, Mexico, Scandinavia, China, South Korea, South Africa, Cheese, and Brewers Collection before arriving at our next choice, Germany. We briefly considered getting Pot Stickers at China and Crispy Shrimp Tacos at Mexico but skipped them so we could get to Morocco in time. DD would get the pot stickers on another day.

GERMANY

I have seen pictures and read about the Nuernberger Sausage in a Pretzel Roll $4.50 for a few years now and since my DM and I both like sausage we decided to give it a try. I have to admit that it’s pretty funny to look at.

104_3021.jpg

The sausage overhangs the small plate on both sides and the pretzel roll is only about ½ it’s length. We liked the sausage though it basically tasted like a breakfast sausage. I didn’t care for the pretzel roll with it-I thought it was too dry. No problem though, DD loved the roll.

SC USED 1, 53 left. $4.75

Next stop, Karamel Kuche-we had to stop in here since we were already in Germany and we didn’t buy anything here last year when it first opened. Besides, we were going to need something sweet to eat while we watched Illuminations.

We bought a Dark Chocolate Caramel with Sea Salt ($3.95) for DM and me and DD chose a piece of Caramel Chocolate Fudge ($3.95). Almost all items in the case are available as a SC. I think only 1 wasn’t while we were there-Caramel Cluster Milk Chocolate Pecan ($4.45). We waited to eat our candy until we were watching Illuminations. The Dark Chocolate one with Sea Salt was good. My DM and I only each had a small bite and saved it for later but somewhere along the way it went missing. Or did my DM eat it and not tell me? Hmmm? :confused3 DD enjoyed her fudge though she ended up saving it for later and it was one of the snacks we ended up bringing home.

104_3036.jpg

Dark Chocolate Caramel with Sea Salt.

104_3023.jpg

104_3024.jpg

104_3025.jpg

104_3026.jpg

104_3027.jpg

104_3028.jpg

104_3029.jpg

Display cases at Karamel Kuche-now aren't you glad you read this update?

SC USED 2, 51 left. $8.40

LIBERTY INN-AMERICA
We were getting a little thirsty so (don’t hate me for this) we used a SC for a large Diet Coke at Liberty Inn. :scared1: I know, I know, not a good use of a SC but we were really getting thirsty and the caffeine was welcome as well. Please don’t judge!

Sorry no photo of Diet Coke. Just imagine a large red Disney Cup-yep that's it. :goodvibes If you must see it look at the next pix below and you will see the bottom of the cup on the tray. :)

SC USED 1, 50 left $3

Next stop, HOPS & BARLEY

We had the Lobster Roll here last year and didn’t think too much of it. However, this year the lobster is by a different company, Linda L. Bean, so we decided to give it a try. They advertise that they use no fillers so what did we have to lose?

104_3032.jpg

It was definitely better than last year but I guess I’m not a fan of Lobster Rolls. Maybe it’s because I’m a So. Californian, born and raised and we don’t get a lot of lobster here. It was good, just not great. Kinda bland. But a good use of a SC.

SC USED 1, 49 left. $7.

MOROCCO

Well be now it’s about 20 to 9 and time to get the Kefta in Morocco and find a spot for Illuminations. As we were walking to Morocco DM spotted a free table and she decided to wait there while DD and I went to get the Keftas. However, I found an even better location right behind the Morocco booth and while I grabbed it DD went back to get my DM.

104_3034.jpg

I ordered 2 Beef Keftas ($5) for us to share. It’s seasoned beef in a pita. Pretty good but it seemed much spicier this year than last year. However, DD didn’t think so, so after we finished off the 2 she went and ordered another one for herself. That’s one of the things I love about having a DDP-no worries on food costs. Anyway, I was glad to have the Diet Coke since that Kefta had quite a kick!

3 SC USED, 46 left. About $16.

We watched Illuminations and went back to POP. We had a great spot-right next to a private viewing area. :) We were actually pretty full from our trip around the world so no late night snacking!

We used a lot of SC this evening. 12! Adding that to the 2 we used at AK earlier in the day we used 14 SC today and 3 CS.
3 CS $42, $14 each. 14 SC $66.25, $4.75 each
We have 46 SC to use and 55 CS left. 7 days left.

Total (not) spent today was $108. Total to date-$284 / 3 days = $95/day for 3 of us.

NEXT UP-TYPHOON LAGOON!

I'm subbing! My family and I did the QSDP 2 summers ago and loved it, so it's interesting to see how another family did it too! :thumbsup2

You are doing such a wonderful job posting your reviews and pics. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I am thoroughly enjoying your report :flower3:

Day 4-Part 1,
Sunday, October 11

EVERYTHING POP-Breakfast

My DM got up early and went to EP and got us 2 cherry turnovers and DD, what else? A plain croissant. We used another CS for this Continental Combo

wdw2011028.jpg

UPDATE-as of Jan. 1, 2012 you can no longer get 3 SC for 1 CS meal. You CAN get a Continental Combo consisting of a pastry, fruit, and beverage. That's it-not a great use of a CS. You're looking at about $7-$8

1 CS USED 54 LEFT, $8

We got an early start (for us) and got to TL a few minutes before it opened at 10. Had to wait until about 10 after before they opened up the water areas. Why? Unknown.

We got one of our preferred locations to the right of the Wave Pool, not far from Typhoon Tilly’s and the sharks.

DD rushed to The wave pool and played for little while and then....

since we had a pretty small breakfast, we were already getting hungry, it was just after 11, so we went to….

TYPHOON TILLY’S SNACK SHACK

We’ve gotten snacks here before and knew they had some different choices when it comes to food. Most of the time when we go to TL Typhoon Tilly’s is closed but the Snack Shack (SS) is open. I think the SS is one of the overlooked CS location at TL. There never seems to be a line and they have a decent selection. There’s a bunch of covered seating, and no birds. (like at Leaning Palms). It’s located near the Shark Reef.

They offer several different wraps, tuna sandwich, salads, and nachos (nothing hot-like fries) and soft serve ice cream, either in a waffle cone or as a sundae. They also serve smoothies-in 6 different flavors. But the thing we got here for the first time was their build-your-own fruit bowl. ($9.99) They have a selection of fresh fruits and you can pick out which ones you want (or don’t want) and they fill a large clear bowl with it. We decided to get the fruit bowl and were told we could make it a CS meal by adding a beverage and a dessert. We could even get a smoothie. We were in!

We got a nice selection of fruits in our bowl-you could choose from grapes, blueberries, watermelon, grapefruit, mango, pineapple, cantaloupe, and oranges. We asked for everything except pineapple. For our dessert we chose a Hot Caramel Sundae. ($3.99) We got a Mango-Passion Fruit Smoothie $4.19 for our drink.

The fruit was very good, nice and fresh. The smoothie was tasty as well. And of course the hot caramel sundae was delicious! And we felt a little healthier after eating all our fruit.

TL25.jpg

TL26.jpg

TL27.jpg

TL28.jpg

Fresh Fruit Selection at Tilly's SS-build your own

TL30.jpg

Our Brunch

TL32.jpg

Close up of fruit bowl

1 CS USED, 53 LEFT $19.35.

We met a nice couple down from Ft. Lauderdale for the Bike-toberfest in Daytona Beach and we treated them to the same meal (different drink) and visited with them while we ate.

1 more CS used, 52 LEFT $18.50

LEANING PALMS-lunch

My Dsis and her DH were her in May and they said they had some really good Fried Shrimp. I looked for it but couldn’t find it. They only sell it at Tilly’s and since it’s closed for the season, no shrimp for us!

Both waterparks have a new sign that show what food options are available in the park.
TL114.jpg

Note howeverth at it doesn't tell you which ones are closed.:confused3

DD opted for chicken nuggets-$8.19 with fries (oh, no, I thought she didn’t have any-I’ll have to change my first post) while my DM and I shared the BBQ Pork Sandwich with fries ($8.99). We got Chocolate Cake and Cheesecake for our desserts. ($3.59), 1 Large Diet Coke and 1 Large Sweet Tea (DD loves her sweet tea!) $2.89 ( think she was from the South in a previous life!)

We ordered our food on the left side and after we were all done the cashier mentioned that there is a right side that no one usually goes to. He was right, when we passed by that side it was empty while there was a line on the left. Mental note-next time go to the right! This was about 1 p.m.

TL60.jpg

TL62.jpg

Our meal-BBQ Pork, chicken nuggets (I think the 8th one is underneath), 2 drinks and desserts

TL66.jpg

Close up of cheesecake-not too interesting!:confused3

TL57.jpg

We had this sandwich last year-it's pretty good.

DD declared the nuggets as being good. The sign said there were 8 pieces and who am I to argue. My DM and I both enjoyed the BBQ pork sandwich but they used to be served on a round bun and it seemed like there was more meat. Still delicious though and the fries were good and hot.

The Chocolate cake (served all over) was good. The cheesecake was pretty good as well. Had a nice cheesy flavor to it though it needed more graham cracker crust. I even turned it over to see how much there was and there wasn’t much.

TL68.jpg

The sodas are served without lids or straws.

There is plenty of seating over to the right under what looks like a pretty new cover. We usually sit over to the left but that’s where all the birds hang out. Literally. Watch your food if you sit there. Don’t’ say I didn’t warn you!

Used 2 CS, 50 Left $32

The Park closes at 5 and about 4:30 we decided to get ourselves a little snack to tide us over until dinner. Back to Tilly’s Snack Shack for 3 sundaes. 1Hot Fudge and 2 Hot Caramel. ($3.99) Just as good as the one at breakfast but this time we each got our own!

TL129.jpg

Used 3 SC, 48 Left $12.75

TL117.jpg

TL127.jpg

TL128.jpg

2 CS USED, 50 left $32

Before we left DD12 wanted the one snack item that we get that is not a SC. Mini donuts. I think this was the only money we spent on the trip for food.

TL206.jpg

The donuts were a little off today. Too greasy. :confused3 Maybe they were making them too fast and/or the oil wasn’t hot enough. Usually they are delish! We didn't finish the bag so you know they were a little off!:laughing:

Though we didn't eat at these locations-here are some other CS choices at TL

TL191.jpg

Happy Landings Ice Cream

TL197.jpg

Surf Doggies

I will give the day's total after posting Capt. Cookes.

NEXT UP-Day 4 part 2-Capt. Cookes at Poly

Wow, your brunch at Tilly's snack shack was excellent value on the qsdp!

I'll definitely write that one down on my list, we're hoping to eat fairly healthily next year and a big bowl of fruit and a smoothie sounds good, I wonder if they'd let you have the smoothie as dessert and then a bottled drink as your drink...

I also can't wait to find out if CSR will let us have 3 snack items as a continental combo as that way mum and i could share a credit for breakfast and then another for lunch and then each have one for dinner....

This looks like an interesting review. We've always done the DDP, & was thinking did the CS plan have very many good choices. :confused:

Hi, just wanted to say a big thanks for your brill posts - I too love food and it's a very important part of my holiday, esp at WDW. We haven't done the DDP before but have it for Nov 2012 (can't wait, we go specifically for the Epcot F&WF :love:).

Can I just ask, from some of your photos of menus, there seems to be a symbol at the right end of the food choices - is that the DDP symbol? If so, for example, can you not choose the hot dog or jumbo turkey leg on the DDP at Surf Doggies? Would the other things on the menu (ie. Nachos) be classed as a SC or CS meal? I can't get my head round what is CS and SC :confused: Any links etc you can point me to on DIS re. this subject very gratefully received :lovestruc

Keep up the good postings :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter