11/04/2012 - Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera

Just signed up for this post as my daughter, grand-daughter, and I will be joining all of you for the sailing November 4th. This will be my 7th cruise but the first with Disney. My grand-daughter is quite enamored with Minnie Mouse so we will be the 3 "mouseketeers" covered in Minnie throughout the cruise. Looking forward to participating the FE group exchange and flexing some of my "crafty" muscles.

Only 49 days left!

Welcome aboard! Make sure you email Jasmine (address a couple posts up) about joining the FE exchange. The cut-off date was yesterday, but you can probably sneak in. :)

Welcome aboard! Make sure you email Jasmine (address a couple posts up) about joining the FE exchange. The cut-off date was yesterday, but you can probably sneak in. :)
Thank you, marciemouse. Jasmine did answer my email so we are now on the list for the FE exchange. I followed the link to your last Disney Cruise post and your girls are beautiful. It looks like your cruise was so much fun! We are very excited for ours!

Thank you, marciemouse. Jasmine did answer my email so we are now on the list for the FE exchange. I followed the link to your last Disney Cruise post and your girls are beautiful. It looks like your cruise was so much fun! We are very excited for ours!

Glad you got in on the FE!

Our last cruise was a blast. We are looking forward to this next one! Well, DH and I are. We haven't told the girls yet. We're hoping to keep it under wraps until the day before we leave! :)

I booked the Palo on Tuesday night at 6pm - watch the sunset - not the presidential election. Lunch for that date was open. If there's a specific date you're interested in I'll be happy to check.

BTW In reply to alaskanabbott, yes - the four of us are on the cruise, myself (DH), DW and DS (20) and DD (15 - will be 16 on Nov 3rd! ).

DD will be the one walking around with a Disney 'Happy Birthday' pin all boarding day as we're staying at Disneyland the two nights before.

DS is interested in hearing from any other 'College age' kids on board.

We will also be in Disneyland before the cruise ...we arrive there on 11/1/12! We own DVC and we're staying at the Grand Californian! We are very excited. DH and I are traveling with our two youngest daughers, Shannon 17 and Lexi will turn 16 right before or trip!! :cheer2:

To those of you going to Disneyland before the cruise, I think the Christmas parade taping is on Saturday the 3rd. You may want to factor that into your plans! :santa:

We are spending that night near DL and going to have dinner at DTD. I'm thinking we'll wander into the GC just to see if any live performances are going on!

My DH is totally against doing a Disneyland trip, even though we technically live on the west coast (Alaska) and California is SOOO much easier to get to than Florida. I'm hoping to bring him to DTD and show him a little of what Disneyland is. He loves WDW so much, he doesn't think DL will be as magical :confused3

My DH is totally against doing a Disneyland trip, even though we technically live on the west coast (Alaska) and California is SOOO much easier to get to than Florida. I'm hoping to bring him to DTD and show him a little of what Disneyland is. He loves WDW so much, he doesn't think DL will be as magical :confused3

I was raised on WDW and was dead-set against Disneyland for a very long time. Once we moved to AZ, I decided Disneyland was worth a trip, just to check it out and hold me over until we could get to WDW again. Well, we ended up with DL annual passes and haven't been to WDW again since then! Disneyland is different, but every bit as magical. There's something really special about it being Walt's park. I hope your DH decides it's worth a try!

Note: DTD at Disneyland isn't nearly as good as at WDW. We'll be over there for dinner the night before the cruise though. I'm so excited they're opening an Earl of Sandwich there. Yum! Though now I'm stuck deciding between there and Jazz Kitchen Express... :confused3

Disneyland is where the magic started! My family has been raised at Disneyland and had the same thoughts about WDW. It could never be as magical as the original we thought. After a dozen trips to WDW we have decided they are both magical in their own way although we do favor Disneyland over the Magic Kingdom. WDW as a whole is second to none. I agree that our DTD is nothing like WDW.

A dinning suggestion for anyone is going to the Napa Rose in the Grand California hotel. If you can get the chefs counter it's very entertaining. Executive Chef Andrew Sutton is a wonderful host. :firefight

marciemouse said:
To those of you going to Disneyland before the cruise, I think the Christmas parade taping is on Saturday the 3rd. You may want to factor that into your plans! :santa:

We are spending that night near DL and going to have dinner at DTD. I'm thinking we'll wander into the GC just to see if any live performances are going on!

The following site confirms that some of the taping is happening this weekend.

Dancethemagic.com/E_DL_HolidayDanceClassic-Nov.php

Looks like a site for dance groups to register to appear in the show.

disneyfreakjackie said:
We will also be in Disneyland before the cruise ...we arrive there on 11/1/12! We own DVC and we're staying at the Grand Californian! We are very excited. DH and I are traveling with our two youngest daughers, Shannon 17 and Lexi will turn 16 right before or trip!! :cheer2:

We stayed there for a night in July. Enjoyed it, but we get two nights at Paradise pier for price of one night at Grand Californian! Also DD likes PP more. Hope you have fun.

I just made reservations for the stay and Park at the Doubletree Hotel. Hope there isn't a problem with the shuttle service getting to the pier. My hubby stresses big time!:confused3

Got the last bit of the girls' pirate costumes today. pirate: They think we've just been nice enough to buy them some new dress-up clothes for playtime. I can hardly wait to surprise them with the cruise! Anyone else keeping a secret?

I ordered my FE this past weekend. Estimated arrival is October 23rd! Now, while I do scrap book, I'm not especially a crafty person. So I'll be making my purchases for the FEs over the next couple of weeks :)

I probably won't start packing until the last weekend of this month.:goodvibes

I ordered my FE this past weekend. Estimated arrival is October 23rd! Now, while I do scrap book, I'm not especially a crafty person. So I'll be making my purchases for the FEs over the next couple of weeks :)

I probably won't start packing until the last weekend of this month.:goodvibes

I hear ya! My FE's are very little assembly required:thumbsup2

My FE gifts were also "minimal assembly required." I took care of that this afternoon!

This month is going by quickly, and that makes me HAPPY. :) The sooner I'm aboard, the better!

:cool1:Me my DH DD 12 and DS 10 will be on the cruise Just booked today!!!We did the mexico cruise back in April and had extra week off in Nov so we decided why not the price is right and we the time is right. We were wondering if its too late to join the fish extender group?

:cool1:Me my DH DD 12 and DS 10 will be on the cruise Just booked today!!!We did the mexico cruise back in April and had extra week off in Nov so we decided why not the price is right and we the time is right. We were wondering if its too late to join the fish extender group?

Welcome to the group! There's a few of us who also cruised earlier this year, just trying to sneak in one more before the Wonder heads east! :sad1:

The fish extender group closed a month ago.

We do have a FB group, too, if you want to come check it out! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter