"+10" working better now?

cigar95

DIS weakest link
The last time I had a 180-day window open was about a year ago. At the time, folks were having all sorts of problems getting their +10 window to open with the online system, and I recall that the workaround was to go in through a site set up primarily for British guests. I did that and everything went smoothly.

Are things working better now? If I'm making reservations via the web site (not the app), are there still frequent issues with the "+10" window?

My reservation date is coming up in about three weeks, and although I'm not planning on anything particularly high in demand during a slow time of year, I am hoping that things will go smoothly and easily.

Thanks for your input here.

I made my reservations last week with no issues, but like RiverCountry, I've always lucked out with the +10.

I made my ADRs on Monday. I was only able to do the first day online & had to call to make the rest. For the other days, times would come up but nothing would happen after I selected one. Thankfully I was still able to get everything we wanted.

I made mine this morning and all was fine. :thumbsup2
When I first went on, it was only showing my 180 day as being available even though it showed me as being logged in. I re-logged into My Disney Experience and all was well.

Mine were June 1 and the website did nôt work for me. Hit everything I wanted via phone though. Others did not have issues. It's hit or miss.

Mine didn't work until I was logged in - and it had my reservation highlighted. That worked. As soon as 6 rolled around this morning, it made reservations for all days at nearly every restaurant - available. The only exception was the Cape May Cafe. I believe it is 'coded' differently - as a Christmas dinner reservation. I called. Took five minutes. And done.

I made mine this morning and all was fine. :thumbsup2
When I first went on, it was only showing my 180 day as being available even though it showed me as being logged in. I re-logged into My Disney Experience and all was well.

So, do you think it all has to do with MDE?
I am in Disney between Christmas and New Years for a pre-cruise stay and have tough ressies to get:

December 26 Victoria and Alberts for 2 people
December 27 Chef Mickey for dinner for 10 people
December 28 OHana dinner for 10 people

I am in Disney between Christmas and New Years for a pre-cruise stay and have tough ressies to get:

For 10 people I'd call.

I am definitely a MDE novice, but I will say that I had to go to MDE, click on "My Itinerary" (where it prompted me to login even though I was already logged in). Then I chose a day in Dec. that I wanted to make reservations for and was fine.
It would not let me just straight to Dining Reservations even though I was already logged in. I specifically had to go to My Itinerary for my upcoming trip. I only had to do it once, though. Once I was in, I was all set.

I hope that made some sense. :confused3

Good luck. :)

Based on my experience today... No. :rotfl:

Going straight to the restaurant web page doesn't work - You have to go through the itinerary page and then select Add Plans | Make Dining Reservations | Then search for your restaurant and change dates accordingly to see your +10 times.

I *always* had to go back through this path to see the +10 times. (I tried this from Firefox and Google Chrome which I had never logged into Disney with so I doubt its an old cookie issue) (Also you may have to relogin if it's the first day of your 180 days)

Now that I actually had the +10 dates and times enabled, regardless of what I clicked on, the system was unable to look up times for the +10 dates.

Ironically, I COULD make reservations for those times in my iPhone app but not including my check out date. (Which was enabled but inaccessible on the website!)

I eventually called and got my ADRs for the check out date.

Nope for me either. I was able to randomly book my first day and one meal 3 days later. Everything else said "unable to look for availability". It was very random. waiting to call in 16 minutes.
It's also so ridiculous that I have to reenter the date and party size for every single search. The website is not user-friendly.

Very frustrating!!

It didn't work for me either this morning. I was logged in by 6:00 a.m. and I could reserve the first day of our trip with no problem. But when I tried to reserve restaurants for the rest of our trip, I kept getting an error message. It was very, very frustrating. So at 7:00 a.m. I called in to Dining Reservations, and I got everything the family wanted including O'Hana and Be Our Guest at the times we wanted. Good luck to everyone trying to book for the week of December 27th.

Just to update - I did call right at opening time and was able to get BOG for NYE at 8:15 so I was happy. I got all I requested, most times I was looking for too! Next time maybe I'll just sleep in and call! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter