10/5/2008 WONDERful cruise!

ears4all!

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! We came off the Wonder this morning. It was amazing!!!!! I have just started our trip report, so it will be coming!

I look forward to reading more ... gotta :lovestruc the Wonder!

We woke up and got going. Breakfast was at the Flamingo’s at the Radisson. They had a nice buffet. (Now we wouldn’t find out what a great buffet was until we boarded :)) I had some fruit, eggs, bacon, the sort. We walked around for a while, and I met several people who were on the cruise with us. We go back to the room (room 602) and get out bags, heading up to the lobby to check out. We get out just fine, and line up in front of the hotel. There a big wedding party got called; they were going on the “C” cruise line. Then, we are called. We hand our bags and get in the bus. This was the 10:00 shuttle. We really liked the bus drivers name, it was Bong. Now DISers- if any of you were on this shuttle, tell me so! We drive there, and I see MY beautiful magical wonderful Disney WONDER! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! She’s the most beautiful on the seven seas. We pull in to the port, say goodbye to Bong, and get a great look at the terminal. We grab our carry-ons, and we tip the person who unloaded our bags. We then proceed to the terminal. Walking in, we walk around and go into security. That went really well. We were going to wait for the other members of our party, but a security guy told us we had to go up the escalators. And so we go up them. Somebody is waving at us with the Mickey hand when we walk up, asking us if we filled out our paperwork, etc. We get our picture with her. Then we go to the check-in desk. The guy was from Hawaii and was very nice. He starts asking everyone for our passports. When he gets to me, he says that he is going to tell me something, and nobody else. He then goes, “Check out Deck 10, Mid-Ship- Aloft. And the best part, they (points to everyone else) can’t go in!” He does the same for my brother and sister but with the Oceaneer’s Lab. He gives us our Key to the World cards! They have Donald on them, well I guess all new cruisers have them. We then head to our seat. We looked at the model of the ship. That was neat! Balcony was next. That is a BIG ship! I get a good picture on my cell phone that had the Wonder emblem on it, that is now my background. I then go to the “gift shop” and buy the most useful item that I bought on the entire trip. I bought a DCL lanyard for my KTTW. I am telling you, if you have never been on a cruise, BUY THIS AS SOON AS YOU CAN! It helps so much, keeping up with the important card. Once you have been on a cruise, Disney gives these to you, except they have “Castaway Club” on them. They are 8.50, and even though you are still in port, it is Bahamian territory (right?) so it was tax-free! Soon after me buying them, both my brother and sister bought them. Then I realized my Mom had brought a couple of lanyards for people. But these had the DCL logo on them! I decided to color a Mickey. (Mickey picture) I talked with this lady that had been on several cruises. We then kinda buzzed around, saw Mickey and Pluto come out of the tunnel, and then they called our number.

We got the boarding pass number 2! The first family allowed on had a girl that was probably about three, and when she got to go in, she had a stuffed Mickey and was running! It was so cute! We then proceed onward. Two ladies look at our KTTWs, and then we go on. We get our keys out, and then are scanned on! Our picture is taken, which we didn’t buy, and we got on. “And welcome first time cruisers, the Ears family!” Now that’s not really our last name but you get the point. It made us feel so important! One Cast Member walks with us and directs us to the Beach Blanket Buffet. We get our wipe (Buy stock in that!) and go into the buffet. Remember what I said earlier, and I quote “Now we wouldn’t find out what a real buffet was until we get onto the ship ” Talk about food! I didn’t really know what to get, so I just get some shrimp and mac n’ cheese. We then go sit on Deck 9, aft. Nice view. People were offering to take my tray for me! I don’t eat a whole lot, but then go inside for a cookie drizzled in Vanilla sauce. Yum! The kids then go and walk around. I got Ice Cream, which happened very often with me,. I then played Ping-Pong- got beat. We then start touring the ship as a whole. Deck 9 was kinda what Imagineers call “Sensory Overload” so much to see, so much to do. Whoa. Deck 10 is an overlook, except for the Wide World of Sports deck. I just go into Aloft to look at it, it is pretty neat. Sorry I didn’t get any pictures of it. I didn’t spend a whole lot of time there. Then we go down the stairs, which we used a lot, to Decks 8,7,6, and finally 5. We clapped when people got onboard. We walk around it, going in the Oceaneer’s Lab. That place was really neat. Deck 4 was next. We go down into the Walt Disney Theater, and dance on the stage! We walked into Studio Sea. I really like that place! We couldn’t go into the shops because of law, but we walk through Shutter’s and the Art Gallery to Animator’s Palate, but the doors were closed. We walked outside a little bit. Then downstairs to Deck 3.We go into the Atrium. That place is very interesting. We see Triton’s, and then go into the Parrot Cay expressway, but we don’t go in. Route 66 is what we walked down next. We see Diversions, and just look in WaveBands. By this time, our staterooms were ready.

Let me introduce you into Cat. 11 room 5133 and Cat. 7 (with a verandah!) room 5132. These places served as home base for us. For three of the four nights, I slept in the cave, but on Monday night I slept in the Verandah room. In the cave, I had my pile of papers- a huge pile. We explore ours, and then check out our friend’s room. They had 5014. Soon after that, I heard that “When you wish upon a star” ding for an announcement. It was telling us that in half an hour there will be a mandatory Coast Guard required emergency drill. I got right into my lifejacket. Well, you didn’t have to be there for half an hour, so we buzz around in our room until there is five minutes left. Our category was “R” and was in Animator’s Palate, so we head in there. They stressed the words “in the UNLIKELY event of an emergency. That goes smoothly. We then head up to Adventures Away! I get there before everyone and am on Deck 9, get a couple of streamers, but quickly move up to Deck 10. Those dancers knew there stuff! Before we knew it, “When You Wish Upon a Star” horn sounded and……… we hadn’t left port yet. A couple of minutes later we pulled off. By this time, AA had ended. An announcement came on saying “We are about to sound the ship’s horn. If you are on Decks 9 or 10, you might want to cover your ears.” That almost made me cry! By this time, we headed downstairs to get dressed for dinner. The only day I wore jeans to dinner, and it wasn’t even the Dress Up night! We walk into Triton’s (Our Dining was TAAP) and are taken to the table 20. We then meet the most excellent cast member on our cruise, Chintana. She is from Thailand. Our assistant server was Nicole from Germany, and our head server Carnia. I think that is her name. But Chintana and Nicole were amazing. This was Chintana’s first week on the Wonder, but she had been on the Magic for several years. You could tell because she would call Triton’s Lumiere’s and BBB Topsiders. This was Nicole’s first cruise period. Chintana explained the menu really well, and Nicole was great on our drink orders. We couldn’t decide what to get, and I ordered Escargot. Me? Eating Snails? WOW! I also ordered Halibut with a tomato-basil soup. The escargot came in a container with six of them. I tasted a bit of something, and said “That’s good!” But then I was told that I had eaten the covering. I get one on my fork. I asked my mom if she wanted one, and she ate it, telling me that it wasn’t slimy and you had to get over what you were eating. It wasn’t bad, but I wouldn’t order it again. It was probably about a 6 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best. Next came the Tomato and Basil Soup. I am not a real big vegetable person, but it was good. 5/10. The main dish, the Halibut. At first, I bit into the top covering, which I thought was absolutely terrible. Then the person sittin next to me told me that was the topper. The actual fish wasn’t bad. 6/10. Then came desert. I had the Crème Brulee. 7/10 .I liked the dish, specifically the custard itself rather than the topper. My sister asked for a sundae. Chintana goes “What flavor?” She goes “Chocolate” and Chintana replies “Onion?” Sis has a puzzled look on her face. “We have onion, carrot, potato. Which do you want?” Sister, still not getting it, doesn’t reply. “Onion then.” And goes off. She gets the Onion Sundae, which she found out was a Chocolate one. We then go to the Walt Disney Theater for the Golden Mickeys. We get inside, get our seats at the middle top, and after about fifteen minutes Rona Rivers comes on. She interviews about 8 or 10 kids, and she always says honey. The musical then starts. I liked the opening number. With all the shows, I loved it! But my family didn’t really. I thought it was great. Our family then went to Studio Sea for Mickey Mania. We didn’t get chosen, but my brother answered one. The question was “Where do dinosaurs live in Disney’s Animal Kingdom?” Dinoland USA. He gave the points to the Blue Donalds. I liked that. After each movie clip, the lights would go down and the music would start up, and during that the hosts would dance and the main host would, at the end, bring her leg up and bring her arm down. She would go “I did it again!” The Green Goofys won. At this time, we were really tired, so we went to bed after hanging out in the Verandah room.

A Couple of Things:
•Food- Escargot 6/10
Tomato & Basil Soup 5/10
Halibut 6/10
•Show- The Golden Mickeys
•Restaurant- Triton’s
•Towel Animals- 5133: Dog
5132: Swan
•Port- Port Canaveral

Next up: Monday and Castaway Cay- day 1!

of=50,590,442

The Terminal!

of=50,590,442

Inside the terminal

of=50,590,442

The Disney Wonder!

of=50,590,442

of=50,590,442

of=50,590,442

Lunch!

When we wake up Monday morning, we go across the hall to our other room, 5132, to step out on the verandah, to have a look at Castaway Cay! We were in aft, portside, and the Wonder had backed in to the dock. We loved watching them bring out all the supplies for the island! Watching food, beer, and other things being unloaded for the ship was just interesting to us! We call the other members of our party and set to meet at Parrot Cay for breakfast. We get down there, and *gasp* look at the amazing buffet! Everything is there! And to think that just a meager 24 hours ago we were still on land! Well, I definetly ate my fill, with bacon, eggs, and MY favorite, biscuits & gravy! Apple juice is a great drink! We go back up to Deck 5 to get swimsuits for our step onto Castaway Cay! Deck 1 Aft was the place to be, and we get our KTTW and step out! I love the Disney Cruise Line awning that they have, as well as the rugs that say "Welcome to Castaway Cay!" and "Welcome Back!" Just another Disney touch! Towels were given to us, another nice touch, and we start to head down. My mom had talked to mem saying that we could do our parasailing excursion today if we wanted to. We check it out at Marge's Barges, and sure enough, we are scheduled for today. I immediately start to get nervous, and a HUGE breakfast didn't help. But that breakfast was good! :) We start to walk to the beach, but we find out that we won't be able to get to the beach and back by 10:00, it was about 9:45. We go back to the wait area and start talking with a mother and daughter who was also doing parasailing for the first time. The person comes to us, and explains how to put the harness on.......

I will continue later, asnd put pictures in, I need to load them.

:)

Okay- so I am going to do the rest of this report (even though it is several months later) for me to read it later. Of course, I can't remember everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter