• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10/20/2013 Disney Magic Miami Double Dip

Are you sure? Cruise fish was showing a cruise on the 18th. That makes me happy though! Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Cruise fish? Eh. They've been wrong before. In fact, I don't ever use that site.

Am I 100% sure? No. However, the same person that originally told me about the cruise on the 18th said that they received their invite, and that it's for the Preview Cruise, which is on the 25th instead of the 18th. They are on our 5-night cruise as well.

Is it still possible to have a 2-night on the 18th? Maybe, but that would be tightening an awfully tight schedule. They'd have to finish dry dock early, because the number of days to cross the Atlantic isn't negotiable - I think it can be done minimally in 6 days (don't quote me on that exact number - Scott is the expert there, not me lol).

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me either way. If there's a cruise before ours, fine. If it's after, fine (we're on it anyways!). I know some people want to be first in their beds or whatever, but the only appealing thing to me is being able to go straight to the room and drop off carry ons. If not, it's ok, as I have never been able to do it in 8 cruises anyways....

Getting closer!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hello everyone,

We're sorry to say but we cancelled our Double Dip Cruise.
Yesterday I've been diagnosed with Non Hodgkin cancer and I have to go through chemo therapy for the next 6 months.
Needless to say that the Double Dip will not no fit in this schedule.

We wish everbody a great Double Dip and we will be back on The Magic in september 2014 on the WBTA.

Greetings Ron & Marieke.

I'm not even sure where cruise fish gets their info from. I just stumbled on the site the other day. I was surprised to even see the 18th listed when dcl doesn't list it. I noticed today it was gone. So odd.

I just hope we can get right in as well. I can't wait!!

We finally made our pregnancy Facebook official, haha... Just wanted to share here as well, that thanks to the magic of early genetic testing, we now know we are having another little boy! He is healthy as can be, and all my 30-something risk factors were squashed like bugs. :)

dclcruise2012 said:
Hello everyone,

We're sorry to say but we cancelled our Double Dip Cruise.
Yesterday I've been diagnosed with Non Hodgkin cancer and I have to go through chemo therapy for the next 6 months.
Needless to say that the Double Dip will not no fit in this schedule.

We wish everbody a great Double Dip and we will be back on The Magic in september 2014 on the WBTA.

Greetings Ron & Marieke.

Oh I'm so sorry. Sending you good vibes and prayers.

We finally made our pregnancy Facebook official, haha... Just wanted to share here as well, that thanks to the magic of early genetic testing, we now know we are having another little boy! He is healthy as can be, and all my 30-something risk factors were squashed like bugs. :)

Congrats! Don't even worry about the 30 something risk factors. I had dd at 36 and ds at 40. Of course my OB required me to do the basic testing.

Roll Call and FE Listing are current as of now.

I am still missing cabin numbers for Doom Kitty and Marr family for the FE list.

The list will be closing on Thursday (8/15), if you want in and haven't sent me anything NOW is the time!!!!!!

Cruise fish? Eh. They've been wrong before. In fact, I don't ever use that site.

Am I 100% sure? No. However, the same person that originally told me about the cruise on the 18th said that they received their invite, and that it's for the Preview Cruise, which is on the 25th instead of the 18th. They are on our 5-night cruise as well.

Is it still possible to have a 2-night on the 18th? Maybe, but that would be tightening an awfully tight schedule. They'd have to finish dry dock early, because the number of days to cross the Atlantic isn't negotiable - I think it can be done minimally in 6 days (don't quote me on that exact number - Scott is the expert there, not me lol).

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me either way. If there's a cruise before ours, fine. If it's after, fine (we're on it anyways!). I know some people want to be first in their beds or whatever, but the only appealing thing to me is being able to go straight to the room and drop off carry ons. If not, it's ok, as I have never been able to do it in 8 cruises anyways....

Getting closer!!!!

I am in agreement here. I talked to the Captain when we were on the ship for 28 nights in June and July and he said they would not be arriving very early in that they were pushing all the dates to get finished in time. We were thinking of going to Miami early to welcome the Magic, but he does not expect an early arrival. He said they will have over 1,200 contractors on board in Spain. The galleys are also being replaced, so they will actually have a vendor fixing and serving food since the galley will be unavailable. I know the floors in the galley have been bad for a long time, so it will be nice they get totally redone. Hopefully to work more efficiently!

I am in agreement here. I talked to the Captain when we were on the ship for 28 nights in June and July and he said they would not be arriving very early in that they were pushing all the dates to get finished in time. We were thinking of going to Miami early to welcome the Magic, but he does not expect an early arrival. He said they will have over 1,200 contractors on board in Spain. The galleys are also being replaced, so they will actually have a vendor fixing and serving food since the galley will be unavailable. I know the floors in the galley have been bad for a long time, so it will be nice they get totally redone. Hopefully to work more efficiently!

Oooohhhhh that all sounds so cool!!!

In other thoughts, decides on a whim to book parasailing for Scott & I on the second CC day while our DD enjoys Scuttle's Cove. Might move it to the first day instead but DD is looking forward to renting an Aqua Trike. Should be fun!

In other thoughts, decides on a whim to book parasailing for Scott & I on the second CC day while our DD enjoys Scuttle's Cove. Might move it to the first day instead but DD is looking forward to renting an Aqua Trike. Should be fun!

I want to try the aqua trike too!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Any thoughts on the new smoking policy? Specifically whether or not it should be implemented sooner on the Magic, since it is coming back all new and spiffy; why not implement the new rules a couple weeks sooner to avoid smoking in any of the cabins from the get go?

Any thoughts on the new smoking policy? Specifically whether or not it should be implemented sooner on the Magic, since it is coming back all new and spiffy; why not implement the new rules a couple weeks sooner to avoid smoking in any of the cabins from the get go?

What a GREAT idea!!!! It's only a few weeks early anyways - heck, they could rip the ash trays off of the Verandahs in dry dock :)

What a GREAT idea!!!! It's only a few weeks early anyways - heck, they could rip the ash trays off of the Verandahs in dry dock :)

After thinking about it, it probably has to do with being withing the paid in full date. And if a smoker wanted to change their cruise it would be within the penalty phase.

But yeah. I hope they don't bother with replacing the ashtrays in dry dock.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

That being said, I still want to be able to be somewhere on deck with a lit Cuban and a snifter of cognac as I watch Nassau or Castaway fade into the horizon.

After thinking about it, it probably has to do with being withing the paid in full date. And if a smoker wanted to change their cruise it would be within the penalty phase.

But yeah. I hope they don't bother with replacing the ashtrays in dry dock.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

That being said, I still want to be able to be somewhere on deck with a lit Cuban and a snifter of cognac as I watch Nassau or Castaway fade into the horizon.

Wonder what the Concierge smokers think? They have non-refundable deposits.....

Sending plenty of pixiedust to all (and family members) that are having health problems. We will keep y'all in our prayers.

We did it! Our house closed and we are moved into our rental. Now we can concentrate on this cruise/vacation and of course building another house :goodvibes

So glad to have our internet up and running again. I think I made it in time. I will be sending our info for the FE exchange today. I'm usually not so last minute on this stull :laughing:

NOW it's time to get excited! :cheer2: This will be our 6th cruise. We hardly ever have a drink when we are cruising but this time we plan to make up for it :woohoo:. We will be signing up for mixology and maybe a tasting or two. Anyone have recommendations! Are there any group activites planned?

Ok- BYOB local party time has been established. We are hosting at our cabin at 3 pm on Nassau day.

We will bring sample size cups again for sharing.

No "sign up" is necessary but I do ask, if you think you might be interested please comment here or on the post to follow on Facebook (not both places) with number of people so we can guesstimate what we need to bring to share.

Thanks!

Hello Everyone~

I have had my cruise booked since last November (I think) and have just come across this wonderful board. I love all the advice and tips that are being shared and just wanted to say thank you all.
I'll be taking my 6 year old niece to join my cousin and her daughters and our aunt as sort of a girls vacation.
I do have a question for some of you pro's though..so, I booked my flight from CA through Disney. Can anyone share their experiences with the airline, flight times etc. if anyone has any? Thank you so much.

Corina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter