• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10/20/2013 Disney Magic Miami Double Dip

I was thinking about that! It would be so nice to get right on and head to the room.
Maybe they'll be ready and start boarding early. It has to be a totally different dynamic boarding a previously empty ship. One thing I am really looking forward to is that the crew is going to be excited. They will be ready to show off all the hard work and new features. It makes for great onboard energy!

I was wondering if there was going to be any extra media type events that would affect boarding at all. I would imagine there will be extra hoopla to show all the new stuff off.

Kidding! I asked shoreside what time we could get there, he told me, but I already spaced it!

Is anyone flying in to Ft Lauderdale the day before? We are looking to split the cost of a rental van! (Or some other form of transportation that's economical!) ;)-

I am responsible for getting three adults from FLL to the Holiday Inn by the port. The adults isn't the hard part...all of our luggage is.

So, since we are the first cruisers post dry dock,. What are the chances that we'll be let to our staterooms right away & not have to carry our carry ons to lunch with us?

Although we are the first official sailing, there is a preview cruise (2 night leaving on the 18th) to show off the Magic to some VIP type folks. I doubt it will be a full sailing but there will be passengers disembarking in port Saturday morning.

How do you know?

What a bummer. I thought for sure we would all get our rooms immediately and was excited about an unslept bed lol

How do you know?

What a bummer. I thought for sure we would all get our rooms immediately and was excited about an unslept bed lol

I heard the same thing from Todd's source. It is indeed true.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

This is ALWAYS the case with new or refurbished ships. Some big wigs and family members and such. Still, takes a lot less time to boot out and clean up after a select few, we may still have hope. ;)

This is ALWAYS the case with new or refurbished ships. Some big wigs and family members and such. Still, takes a lot less time to boot out and clean up after a select few, we may still have hope. ;)

Yup. Just a couple hundred people for PR reasons. Most of the rooms will probably be untouched. It would be nice not to lug my adult beverages around. :goodvibes

We are "ALMOST there". Ready to concentrate on this cruise! :cool1: We close on our house tomorrow then we are moving to a rental on the 10th.

Does anyone know when the FE list closes? I didn't sign us up cause I was worried I wouldn't have time but now it's looking like a possibility.

We are actually flying into Ft Myers (I know kinda weird). DH wants to see the Edison/Ford Estate. We will drive over to Miami on the 19th where we have a room booked at Hampton Blue Lagoon.

Starting to get very excited! :cheer2:

Sinderelly said:
We are "ALMOST there". Ready to concentrate on this cruise! :cool1: We close on our house tomorrow then we are moving to a rental on the 10th.

Does anyone know when the FE list closes? I didn't sign us up cause I was worried I wouldn't have time but now it's looking like a possibility.

We are actually flying into Ft Myers (I know kinda weird). DH wants to see the Edison/Ford Estate. We will drive over to Miami on the 19th where we have a room booked at Hampton Blue Lagoon.

We are also selling our house. We are waiting for a contract. Hoping to get one soon. Congrats on closing! :-)

FE closes on 8/15. Shoot me a PM with cabin number, adults, kiddos(boy/girl, ages) any allergies and an email and I'll add you.

I am still missing info for the FE list from:

DoomKitty- need all info

dclcruise2012- need allergies and email address

margaretstahl-need cabin number

marr family- need cabin number, allergies, email address

Thanks!

Lori

Hi!
Just thought I would mention that I saw that a 1 BR suite with verandah (Cat 00T) seems to have opened up on our cruise.

I will be driving down from Orlando, so my plan is to be at port by 11.

:goodvibes
We will be driving down from Orlando the morning of as well -- But my husband isn't exactly an early riser when he doesn't need to be at work, so my plan is to drag him out of bed to be on the road by 8, so we should be at the port around noon. Maybe we can get there earlier if I let our daughter go jump on daddy to wake him up by 6 (I'm sure she and I will both be too excited to sleep! :rotfl: )

:goodvibes
We will be driving down from Orlando the morning of as well -- But my husband isn't exactly an early riser when he doesn't need to be at work, so my plan is to drag him out of bed to be on the road by 8, so we should be at the port around noon. Maybe we can get there earlier if I let our daughter go jump on daddy to wake him up by 6 (I'm sure she and I will both be too excited to sleep! :rotfl: )

And some sugary cereal about 5:30 would help with your alarm clock idea.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter