1/26/2013-Fantasy-Eastern including Puerto Rico

Britster18 - Have you looked at DCL's website at all? I know there is a lot of info here on the Dis, but it's a lot to absorb when you are seeking specific answers.

Although the Dis has a FAQ, DCL also has their "official" FAQ HERE. You may want to check that out, then ask questions here on the Dis.

I went the last week of January in 2011 and the weather was perfect. We were able to dock at Castaway Cay, but Brent said it was the first time they had been able to dock in weeks.

As far as the water at CC, it was warm enough for us (we are from STL and were experiencing near-zero degree temps when we left). Florida was a bit chilly, as it was rainy and windy when we left.

I do believe the boat filled close to capacity right before we left. They offered a Canadian discount; with that, the boat was 60% Canadians (lots of ehs!) :goodvibes

In your opinion.... is it worth the extra 700 for a verandah room on deck 6?

Tough call. This averages out to be $100 per day. This itinerary has 3 sea days. You have 5 people in the cabin and this extra space will be a good place to relax. I know some people will say that you don't spend much time in the cabin. Not in our case. We spent considerable amount of time there and we enjoyed our verandahs. I would go for the verandah if I were you.

I'm also thinking it will be a great place to relax with DH after the kiddos go to bed... or sit and read a book in peace and quiet....

I agree about the verandah. I think that after having it, you'd definitely believe it's worth it. :thumbsup2

If your TA offers you a particular room, check out the stateroom reports on the Dis HERE. Find the room number on the Dream list (since obviously none for the Fantasy yet but stateroom-wise they are twins) and read the report, then decide.

ok, thanks! I'm going from 8C to I think 4D deck 6? does that make sense? I don't have a room number for the verandah one yet...I have the first one reserved and have until the 18th to pay deposit.
So I'm going from deck 8 to 6....

Well, as an example since you don't have a room number, there is a report for a 4D on Deck 6, room #6120 HERE. Check it out.

If I forget to say it ANYTIME in this thread THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all your help! I really appreciate it. I am just beginning to comb through all the info. :)

If I forget to say it ANYTIME in this thread THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all your help! I really appreciate it. I am just beginning to comb through all the info. :)
We are glad you are here! You are welcome! :thumbsup2

There are differences in being on the different decks when you have a verandah, but your best bet might be to browse through some of those room reports for different categories on different decks and particular room locations and compare what was said about them. Room selection can get complicated and those of us who have sailed much usually become "addicted" to a certain category and deck or even a particular room, but if you are not obsessive yet - lol - I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you choose. ;)

There are differences in being on the different decks when you have a verandah, but your best bet might be to browse through some of those room reports for different categories on different decks and particular room locations and compare what was said about them. Room selection can get complicated and those of us who have sailed much usually become "addicted" to a certain category and deck or even a particular room, but if you are not obsessive yet - lol - I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you choose. ;)

I'm just ready for a freakin' VACATION!!!!! 8 years of stay at home mom/military wife is killing me!!! You could put me in the kitchen and I would be happy!:cool1:

They offered a Canadian discount; with that, the boat was 60% Canadians (lots of ehs!)
1. The weather will be warm-regardless of it being January. Most likely we will be coming from -40 (farenheit or celcius, they are the same at that point). Yes we will be the ones in the pool regardless of the temperature.
2. Sometimes they offer us good deals (we have never been able to capitalize as the onboard deals have been better)
3. When we disembark, we get to bi-pass that long customs line and go right through the "non-American" line (huge perk when hurrying to catch a plane) :cool1:

I hoping and praying we dock at CC, our room in the front of the boat isn't rockin' and rollin' in jan, and it isn't FREEZING!

ok, another question... Is it possible to change your room number once you have been given a quote? I have until the 18th to make my deposit (which I will) but we have kiddos that are prone to motion sickness and the back of the boat seems to be a better option?

We are in 8010.

TAS- who do you book all your cruises through?

ok, another question... Is it possible to change your room number once you have been given a quote? I have until the 18th to make my deposit (which I will) but we have kiddos that are prone to motion sickness and the back of the boat seems to be a better option?

We are in 8010.

You can change your room number even after you have made the deposit. As long as it is available and in the same category, price stays unchanged.

I have a dummy reservation (i.e., reservation booked onboard previously) directly with DCL, but will later transfer to my TA once I am very sure we are going to this sailing in order to get additional OBC.

We are in 8010.

You can definitely change your room number as long as another in that category is available or of course to upgrade. The ease with which this is accomplished depends on your TA. ;)

I have never used a TA to book DCL. I used to be a TA myself (only for Disney parks and cruises, Africa and adventure travel) and a "Disney Cruise College" agent education program was my first cruise ever. That got me hooked. I still book myself because I am a control freak. :lmao:

Many people book directly with DCL but then transfer to a TA for incentives such as onboard credit. However, not all TA's will give you the full (advertised) OBC if they were not the agency on the original reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter