09/18/11 - DVCers Take Over the Dream (S.S. Member Cruise 2011) - Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, gotta start packing for our long weekend @ mouseland. Might be on later tonight (if anyone's around).

Congratulation to you both!
What is the traditional gift for 14 years? I always hope it's wood. That's my favorite gift to give. The gift that keeps giving and giving. ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

14th Anniversary gift is actually traditionally Ivory. :confused3
GREAT, now Terrie will want me to get her an Elephant :goodvibes

Yes please :yay: and can we name her Stella?
You're welcome! That was nice of you and Terrie to be respectful of Pearl Harbor Day. :thumbsup2 It ranks right up there with 9/11. Did you guys plan it that way? (I mean to get married ON Pearl Harbor Day)

No, not planned exactly. I mean, we didn't plan to get maried on Pearl Harbor Day per se. It just so happens that December is my favorite month and 7 is my favorite number and coincidentally when you put the two together it is also Pearl Harbor day. Add to that the date 12/7/1996 was an excellent date to get married from a Feng Shui perspective :thumbsup2
Good evening everyone! I hope those of you in "snowland" are keeping the frostbite away. And for those of you who got sunburned because of your weather conditions, oh well... :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I think that these massive differences in weather need to be dealt with. I propose we all form a task force to reasearch, discuss and develop recommendations for congress. They of course need to place us in an appropriate atmosphere for our research (perhaps WDW???)

If you agree, write to your representatives immediately. Thank you for your support.

When did they learn to read :confused3

oh silly me, :scared1: I forgot to mention that my awesome wife (TERRIE) got me THIS for our anniversary: :3dglasses (i swore there was a post awhile back Dan was getting everyone on here one, hmmm)

ipad_frontal.jpg

oh silly me, :scared1: I forgot to mention that my awesome wife (TERRIE) got me THIS for our anniversary: :3dglasses (i swore there was a post awhile back Dan was getting everyone on here one, hmmm)

ipad_frontal.jpg
Wow! She IS even more awesome than I thought! Congratulations on your anniversary as well as the :bride: and the pirate: to both of you! Sorry I was a day late, I get my info from Debbie too! :lmao:

Terrie, what did Wally get you?

Wow! She IS even more awesome than I thought! Congratulations on your anniversary as well as the :bride: and the pirate: to both of you! Sorry I was a day late, I get my info from Debbie too! :lmao:

Terrie, what did Wally get you?

Thank you! :goodvibes Wally got me a limted edition Isabella Fiore Minnie Mouse bag. I had wanted that one and the Snow White one when they initially came out on the Disney Store website but they sold out immediately :eek: Now I only see them from time to time on Ebay for double the price :sad2: He did say I have another present on the way but won't tell me what it is :confused3

isabellafioremm.jpg

He's probably elephant shopping right now :lmao:

I think our HOA would have an issue if he comes home with a live elephant :scared1: But I see no problems with an antique Steiff stuffed elephant on wheels circa 1910. If he can find one it will only run him 3 or 4 thousand which is surely less expensive than a live one. Just sayin' :rolleyes1

Thank you! :goodvibes Wally got me a limted edition Isabella Fiore Minnie Mouse bag. I had wanted that one and the Snow White one when they initially came out on the Disney Store website but they sold out immediately :eek: Now I only see them from time to time on Ebay for double the price :sad2: He did say I have another present on the way but won't tell me what it is :confused3

isabellafioremm.jpg

I think our HOA would have an issue if he comes home with a live elephant :scared1: But I see no problems with an antique Steiff stuffed elephant on wheels circa 1910. If he can find one it will only run him 3 or 4 thousand which is surely less expensive than a live one. Just sayin' :rolleyes1
Well, maybe in the long run. Elephants tend to eat a LOT! :rotfl2:

33 more posts and this thread gets closed! I think tonight might just be the night. Onward to making thread #4 the new #1 (or rather it will still be number 4, just the main one to be used, which might be considered number 1 by some, however that would not affect the numbering and, uh, what was I just talking about?)

isabellafioremm.jpg

So cute!!!

Update from Meyer Werft:

Atlantiküberquerung startet am 19. Dezember 2010 Jungfernfahrt am 26. Januar 2011 ab Florida Bremerhaven, 9. Dezember 2010 – Heute übergab die Meyer Werft im Rahmen einer offiziellen Zeremonie das Familienkreuzfahrtschiff Disney Dream an Disney Cruise Line. Die Disney Dream ist mit einer Länge von 340 Metern und einer Breite von 37 Metern das größte Passagierschiff, das jemals in Deutschland gebaut wurde. Sie bietet Raum für bis zu 4.000 Gäste. Ihr Bau begann nach einer intensiven Planungsphase am 2. März 2009 und ist jetzt erfolgreich abge-schlossen. „Die Disney Dream ist ein sehr besonderes Schiff. Sie verbindet die hohe Schiffbaukompetenz der Meyer Werft mit den innovativen Unterhaltungstechnologien Disneys”, so Karl Holz, President Disney Cruise Line. „Das neueste Schiff unserer Flotte wird schon in Kürze Gäste jeden Alters begeistern”, so Holz weiter. „Ich bin stolz, das bisher größte Schiff der Meyer Werft an Disney ausliefern zu dürfen”, so Bernard Meyer, geschäftsführender Gesellschafter der Werft. „Während der letzten Jahre konnte ich Tag für Tag verfolgen, wie dieser ,Traum’ Wirklichkeit wurde. Jetzt wird er auch für Gäste erlebbar. Die Zusammenarbeit mit Disney Cruise Line und unseren Zulieferern war ausgezeichnet und besonders kreativ – eine enorm wichtige Voraussetzung für die Realisierung dieses Projekts.” Bevor die Disney Dream Bremerhaven verlässt, werden in den nächsten Wochen noch weitere Mitglieder der Besatzung an Bord gehen und letzte Lieferungen geladen. Am 19. Dezember legt das 130.000-BRZ-Schiff dann zur Atlantiküberfahrt ab. Die voraussichtliche Ankunft im Heimathafen Port Canaveral in Florida ist am 4. Januar 2011. Mit der Jungfernfahrt am 26. Januar 2011 startet die Disney Dream dann in ihre erste Reisesaison. Hier stehen Drei- bis Fünf-Nächte-Bahamas-Kreuzfahrten auf dem Routenplan. Zweiter Disney Neubau – die Disney Fantasy Das Schwesterschiff der Disney Dream, die Disney Fantasy, wird derzeit auf der Meyer Werft in Papenburg gebaut. Sie soll am 7. April 2012 zur Jungfernfahrt von Port Canaveral ablegen, so die Planung. Von Port Canaveral wird sie abwechselnd auf Sieben-Nächte-Kreuzfahrten in der östlichen und westlichen Karibik verkehren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter