• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ª"˜ª¤.¸Official Team May 2014 Thread!¸.¤ª˜"ª

First trip for our boys ( Ages 4 & 7). We will be staying at POP Century May 15th - 24th! I think I'm more excited then the kids :)

Going May 18-25 Pop Century with a visit to the dark side May 25-27!!

First trip for me, DBF has been there once before. It's a little overwhelming, but I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!

We're going to AKV 5/24-31... anyone familiar with the weather?

Added! Its be nice cool comfortable in the mornings (temps around the low 70's) by peak heat time in the afternoon it'll get up to mid 90's. Afternoon showers will roll by (which last about an hour) then its get comfortable in the high 80's Thats what I've noticed the last tow years.

My daughter and I will be coming in May, May 23-27 to celebrate the end of the school year!:goodvibes

Great way to celebrate the end of a school year!! I added you in the planning section. I didn't get the resort or hotel you'd be staying at. :duck:

Going May 18-25 Pop Century with a visit to the dark side May 25-27!!

First trip for me, DBF has been there once before. It's a little overwhelming, but I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!

First trip!!! This will be amazing!! even the dark side hehe.. Added :thumbsup2

Hey everyone,
I'm new to this site.
My Disney World/Universal Orland/beach trip is from May 23rd to June 4th. :hourglass My husband and I are taking a road trip all the way from Colorado. :blush:
We are BEYOND EXCITED for this trip. My best friend is moving to Tennessee in late April, so she and her family will be meeting us to spend a week of our vacation together. We went in June of 2013 and that was my husband's first time to Florida, so everything was brand new to him. So, he is excited to go this year with a little experience. I am from Ft. Myers, FL....so I have been to Disney World a million times. But, it NEVER gets old!
You may think I'm crazy, but I have this trip completely planned out already. I even have some bags packed. My goal this year is to not have to carry anything in the parks....I want my hands to be completely free for pictures, eating, etc. We will each be wearing a 2 liter camel bak filled with water. Attached to each of the camelbaks will be a small bottle of hand sanitizer and a battery-operated water-spritzing fan hanging from a caribeener clip. Inside the pak, there is one big pocket for the water and one extra, smaller pocket. Inside the smaller pocket, I put each of our ponchos, glow necklaces and bracelets (from Dollar Tree), and customized park maps (free from Disney.com). Aside from that, I will wear a fanny pack (I know, I know... :p), my camera case will be hooked to my belt loop and my phone will be in a leather holster that will also be hooked to my pants. Also, we will each have a walkie talkie hooked to our pants so we don't have to always use our cell phones if we get separated, and a pedometer (I've always been curious of the total distance walked during a day in Disney). The fanny pack will contain a small bottle of sunscreen, chapstick, extra batteries, a portable phone charger, cash, ID, debit card, gum, eye drops, small folding tripod, travel size Advil, and travel size deodorants. My fanny pack also has a separate pocket for my sunglasses. We will each be wearing a lanyard that will hold our park tickets and room keys for easy access. I also read good things about the Froggy Cooling Towels (at Wal-Mart). We will each have one draped behind our necks.
I know we are gonna look funny. BUT, I don't care LOL.
So, anyway, if you have any tips, please share. I have already been planning this for a month. I want to be as efficient as possible because I know it will make the trip way more enjoyable. :bitelip:
:rainbow:

Hey everyone, I'm new to this site. My Disney World/Universal Orland/beach trip is from May 23rd to June 4th. :hourglass My husband and I are taking a road trip all the way from Colorado. :blush: We are BEYOND EXCITED for this trip. My best friend is moving to Tennessee in late April, so she and her family will be meeting us to spend a week of our vacation together. We went in June of 2013 and that was my husband's first time to Florida, so everything was brand new to him. So, he is excited to go this year with a little experience. I am from Ft. Myers, FL....so I have been to Disney World a million times. But, it NEVER gets old! You may think I'm crazy, but I have this trip completely planned out already. I even have some bags packed. My goal this year is to not have to carry anything in the parks....I want my hands to be completely free for pictures, eating, etc. We will each be wearing a 2 liter camel bak filled with water. Attached to each of the camelbaks will be a small bottle of hand sanitizer and a battery-operated water-spritzing fan hanging from a caribeener clip. Inside the pak, there is one big pocket for the water and one extra, smaller pocket. Inside the smaller pocket, I put each of our ponchos, glow necklaces and bracelets (from Dollar Tree), and customized park maps (free from Disney.com). Aside from that, I will wear a fanny pack (I know, I know... :p), my camera case will be hooked to my belt loop and my phone will be in a leather holster that will also be hooked to my pants. Also, we will each have a walkie talkie hooked to our pants so we don't have to always use our cell phones if we get separated, and a pedometer (I've always been curious of the total distance walked during a day in Disney). The fanny pack will contain a small bottle of sunscreen, chapstick, extra batteries, a portable phone charger, cash, ID, debit card, gum, eye drops, small folding tripod, travel size Advil, and travel size deodorants. My fanny pack also has a separate pocket for my sunglasses. We will each be wearing a lanyard that will hold our park tickets and room keys for easy access. I also read good things about the Froggy Cooling Towels (at Wal-Mart). We will each have one draped behind our necks. I know we are gonna look funny. BUT, I don't care LOL. So, anyway, if you have any tips, please share. I have already been planning this for a month. I want to be as efficient as possible because I know it will make the trip way more enjoyable. :bitelip: :rainbow:

Are you guys planning on doing any table service meals? Are you staying onsite, or off?

Are you guys planning on doing any table service meals? Are you staying onsite, or off?
No, we aren't doing any table service meals. Well, I guess it's not for sure. I'm still exploring restaurants. So, yes, it's possible. We are staying offsite. :-)

No, we aren't doing any table service meals. Well, I guess it's not for sure. I'm still exploring restaurants. So, yes, it's possible. We are staying offsite. :-)

Well if you guys decide there's a restaurant or two that you are really interested in, you should definitely go ahead and make your ADRs (advance dining reservations) ASAP. For some of the more popular places, it can be tricky to get in, but just keep trying! It took me 3 months to get a BoG ressie last year, but perseverance paid off!

Good luck and have fun!

Well, we just cancelled our May 2014 cruise, which means we will not be going to WDW in May. Since we are expecting to move this spring, we were concerned about the timing of this trip. Although we wanted to wait for 2015 cruise itineraries to be released before cancelling, Disney is taking too long to announce them and we had to make a decision. Since we are not anticipating cruising for the rest of this year, we are now planning on booking WDW for November (or August, if we can't wait that long!).

We've got some planning to do, but I'll be hanging around this thread because I love hearing about everyone's plan and it will keep me occupied in the meantime!

Please add me to the May list. We are going from 5/4-5/10 and staying at CBR. I booked back in July. I can't believe it is finally so close! Can't wait:)

Please add me to the May list. We are going from 5/4-5/10 and staying at CBR. I booked back in July. I can't believe it is finally so close! Can't wait:)

We have matching dates! :) I booked in August, so it hasn't been as long as of wait as you. I think I started my countdown at 262 days out. It's really getting exciting now! With each step (resort booking, getting flights, ADRs and next week FP+) it feels more and more real! Now if only the we could shake this funky weather...

We have matching dates! :) I booked in August, so it hasn't been as long as of wait as you. I think I started my countdown at 262 days out. It's really getting exciting now! With each step (resort booking, getting flights, ADRs and next week FP+) it feels more and more real! Now if only the we could shake this funky weather...

Awesome!!! We normally go in April but with Easter bing so late we pushed it back. I think it's going to be a great week to visit. My count down started at 284 and it seemed like it would never get here. I love the planning as much as the trip. I think I will probably scream and dance around when my Magic Bands come in!!!! ROTFL

Ds#2 and I are going May 22-27. Staying at Old Key West. Planning on hitting up SWW on Friday the 23rd. Not to excited about it my ds#2 can't wait.

Thanks for this FYI. I was struggling with the cost of a deluxe and thinking of going to a moderate or value, but I think I will stay at the deluxe to be safe.

I think the mods will be reasonably ok. I now CBR is so spread out that when we go would go in December when Pop Warner cheerleaders are at the World, we never noticed. Plus, I couldn't resist the special rate at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter