ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Team August 2013 Thread! (Part 2)¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

We leave in the morning for OKW resort!!! Can't wait. We should arrive at about 10am. :cool1:

I am traveling with my partner and our best friends and our granddaughter (who is almost 2). Then we are meeting a few friends there that I actually haven't seen since high school.

I have my lime green mickeys (homemade) with Team August and FlaNani on them. Will have one hanging either on the stroller or from the balloon that will be attached to the stroller. I hope people see it and recognize it!

WooHoo Disney World here we come!!!!!!

We're leaving for the airport!!! Thank you all so much for your tips to battle my cold - I'm not 100% better but I do feel a lot better than I did. If you see a girl with bright red hair and glasses with her very tall father who also has glasses, that's me! Be sure to say hi!

Hi guys! I hope everyone who is heading down or is there now has a great trip! We just got back on Friday and had an amazing trip :). Idk if I'll be joining you guys for August 2014 though :( we'll see. I didn't think I'd be coming this year! So fingers crossed! I am taking a mommy-daughter trip with my mom for Spring Break though in April. She's been through a lot the past few years and definitely needs a trip to the happy place lol. We are gonna stay at my in-laws condo in Kissimmee though. DH and I will also be going to the condo for Thanksgiving this year with his parents but idk if we will be going to any of the parks. I might try to convince him to go to Universal since I haven't been to Harry Potter World yet. Has anyone been there for Thanksgiving and can recommend a good place for Thanksgiving dinner outside of the parks?

We leave in the morning for OKW resort!!! Can't wait. We should arrive at about 10am. :cool1:

I am traveling with my partner and our best friends and our granddaughter (who is almost 2). Then we are meeting a few friends there that I actually haven't seen since high school.

I have my lime green mickeys (homemade) with Team August and FlaNani on them. Will have one hanging either on the stroller or from the balloon that will be attached to the stroller. I hope people see it and recognize it!

WooHoo Disney World here we come!!!!!!

Just got home last night. Have a great time !!

Just landed in orlando but can't get off the plane cause of florida's famous afternoon storms. Can't let us off for fear of lightning hitting the ramp. So we wait not sure how long.

Having a great time! When we get back to the POFQ I'll calling about the bounce back. Looking at WL for next year. The days are going so fast but I'm trying not to pay attention to it. Enjoying the moment!

For those that just got back are the seatbelts on magical express new? Didn't have them on our last trip. Is it because of the recent accident?

For those that just got back are the seatbelts on magical express new? Didn't have them on our last trip. Is it because of the recent accident?

We had them on the way in on 8/13, which was before the accident. I don't remember them from previous years though...

We are in SC for the night. Driving the rest of the way home tomorrow.

A quick recap of my trip:

Good:

Magic Bands! Loved them! DS had some issue getting into the MK yesterday, but that was the only time we had any problems with them.
POP food court. Despite rumblings of discontent on the POP thread, I found plenty of good choices for our meals there, and didn't even get to the bakery cases!
Walking around POP and AoA. Fun!
Concierge. Very helpful in changing out some FP+ for me when the website wouldn't cooperate.
Buses. So convenient! Parked my car and didn't get back in it until this morning. Longest wait was probably 20 minutes, and that was at Epcot in the afternoon.
1900 Park Fare breakfast. Good food, lots of choices, and the Mad Hatter was hilarious! Also, this was the only restaurant to recognize our birthdays. We were given 4 mini-cupcakes to take on the road with us.

Not-so-good:

Our preferred pool-view room at POP. Many people still in the pool having a very raucous time well after midnight, and one night until 3am! We could hear them like we were right beside them. I paid extra for that?! If I stayed at POP again I would choose 50's building 1.
FP+ viewing location for Wishes. We would have had a better view if we had stayed at our FP+ MSEP viewing spot. I would have stayed there if DD didn't say she had to go potty.
Not enough communication from the CM checking us in. I should have asked more questions, but I guess I thought I could figure out the parking and luggage thing, but it would have been nice to know where to find the bellhops. We lugged most of the stuff to our rooms ourselves, but we were tired, hot, and sweaty by the time I found the bellhops standing around.
Plaza dinner. Good food, but I ordered a $3 Sprite for DS10, and he barely touched it. I asked if we could take it to go, and our waiter said they didn't have to-go cups. Don't know why he couldn't have just poured it in a kids cup.
DS got sick on our last day, poor thing. I'm suspecting Strep, but it could be ear infection. He also has blisters between his toes on one of his feet. If our vacation had been any longer he wouldn't have made it.
Our Mousekeeper was not a creative one. No towel animals for us. :(. We did have Blanca one day, and she rearranged the kids' toys in the window and left a sweet note. Not a big thing.

It looks like I have more negatives than positives, but I don't feel that way at all! It was a good trip, our last hurrah of summer. I can say I have been to Disney in August and survived.
Did I mention I loved the MagicBands?!

Good morning from Old Key West Resort!!!!! :yay:

We are headed to Animal Kingdom in just a few minutes. Can't wait to get on Expedition Everest!!!! WooHoo!!!! :cool1:

Good morning from Old Key West Resort!!!!! :yay:

We are headed to Animal Kingdom in just a few minutes. Can't wait to get on Expedition Everest!!!! WooHoo!!!! :cool1:
Yay! It's so exciting that August DISers are still at the World! We had a great trip, and it's nice to know others are just beginning their own vacations. Have fun!!

I am at AK today too! :cool1:

Also got some great news. DH just got an email back from Disney's Hilton head resort about the maintenance position and they want him in for an interview.:cheer2: He never though they would actually get back to him so he is in shock. He has 5 days to schedule the in person interview (6hr drive down). I thought they usually do a phone interview fist but they are asking for face to face.:faint:

Also got some great news. DH just got an email back from Disney's Hilton head resort about the maintenance position and they want him in for an interview.:cheer2: He never though they would actually get back to him so he is in shock. He has 5 days to schedule the in person interview (6hr drive down). I thought they usually do a phone interview fist but they are asking for face to face.:faint:
Congratulations! I'm also surprised they are asking for an in-person interview. Perhaps it's to see how committed you are to moving and getting the job? Can he interview on the way back home from WDW (or are you flying)?? :)

Actually I am enjoying my first solo trip to Disney. DH is at home with DS (3). This is a really nice gift he has given me.:love:

Congrats to your DH and good luck!

We were at AK today too! Waiting out this storm in our room now waiting to go swimming.

Loads of guests with no manners today at DHS! Pushing instead of saying excuse me and cutting us off will not get you to the front of the line faster!

We're experiencing short lines and walk on rides most of today!

Loads of guests with no manners today at DHS! Pushing instead of saying excuse me and cutting us off will not get you to the front of the line faster!

We're experiencing short lines and walk on rides most of today!

There were a lot of people like that there last week too! I just don't get it. I'm normally a very friendly person but when I'm in DW, I'm even more friendly because that's the vibe you get from being in the happiest place on earth! Get it together people! (Them, not you lol obviously)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter