ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Team August 2013 Thread! (Part 2)¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Awe, that's tough. Hang in there and know that YOU time and COUPLE time are sooooooo important and strengthen your family and make you better parents and spouses!! Have a great trip and just focus on the fact that you're all going next year and this is just a "practice run" :goodvibes!!

Thanks, that's the main reason why I don't feel bad enough to cancel! We need time to ourselves too. I'm a stay at home mom and very rarely leave the kids with a sitter too so I'm really in need of a break after summer holidays. It's not a practice run though, we've been on 2 10-day trips with the kids already, one in Sept 2011 and one in Dec 2012. So I don't feel too bad for the kids, they're spoiled as it is!

I wish we left my kids home. Lol. Enjoy your adult Disney time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks, I'm thinking that once we're there and enjoying our time waiting in lines while not trying to entertain antsy hyper kids, and actually getting to go on a ride together for once... I won't feel so bad anymore! :goodvibes

This is my last full day at home, tomorrow we leave at noon to do some shopping then stay overnight at a hotel by the airport for our flight Friday morning. Now I'm kicking myself for procrastinating so much on my to-do list as I have no idea how I can possibly get everything done that needs doing before we leave tomorrow! (As I sit here procrastinating some more surfing the DIS LOL!)

ArielRae said:
I'm leaving on Sunday :cool1:

Feel like Rex from Toy Story 3 - "Why can't time go faster!"

I'm leaving Sunday too for AoA and that's EXACTLY how I feel! I'm taking my sweet time packing because a fully packed suitcase would make time slow down even more.

2 DAYS TO GO! So I just finished packing today. What a relief! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!

Shutting down the computer. I'm officially on vacation! :banana::banana:

Headed to the airport at 4am. Can't wait to get there!! :tink:

I've started to get a cold and we leave on Sunday :( anyone have any suggestions for warding this thing off? I have a sore throat and just generally feel icky.

rebeccaariel said:
I've started to get a cold and we leave on Sunday :( anyone have any suggestions for warding this thing off? I have a sore throat and just generally feel icky.

Vitamin C and so much water you hear it slush when you walk!

I usually take 1 vitamin C and 2 echinacea golden seal pills before I go to bed and it makes me feel better the next day. Keep taking them every night until you feel better they help boost immune system.

Well, we arrived home earlier this evening and had a great time!

We had so many firsts, all of which became the highlights of our trip...Pick-a-Pearl, POR, AoA, Gaston's and LeFou's Brew, Earl of Sandwich, meeting new characters, etc.

The downsides were the heat, the rain, and the crowds. But, it was all worth the free dining, so I would do it again anyway!

We will be back in May 2014 for one night at WDW before our three-night cruise on the Magic. That's already less than 9 months away. Yay!!

Well, we arrived home earlier this evening and had a great time!

We had so many firsts, all of which became the highlights of our trip...Pick-a-Pearl, POR, AoA, Gaston's and LeFou's Brew, Earl of Sandwich, meeting new characters, etc.

The downsides were the heat, the rain, and the crowds. But, it was all worth the free dining, so I would do it again anyway!

We will be back in May 2014 for one night at WDW before our three-night cruise on the Magic. That's already less than 9 months away. Yay!!

Glad to hear you had a great time :goodvibes .

We have been watching the forecast and are getting a little :scared: about the heat. One day says 97 degrees :cool2: ..... holy moly, I don't think its EVER been that hot here. Make me glad we have lots of pool time planned :thumbsup2 .

Did you find the crowds were pretty consistent through your whole visit? Or did they get better as time went on?

We have been watching the forecast and are getting a little :scared: about the heat. One day says 97 degrees :cool2: ..... holy moly, I don't think its EVER been that hot here. Make me glad we have lots of pool time planned :thumbsup2 .

Did you find the crowds were pretty consistent through your whole visit? Or did they get better as time went on?
The humidity and heat was pretty rough, but bringing a water bottle was a lifesaver. It was so refreshing to have ice cold water on demand!

The crowds were pretty consistent, with Magic Kingdom giving us the most problems. For example, we bee-lined to Enchanted Tales with Belle at park opening, but it was closed. They told us Papa Maurice had made a mess and they weren't sure when it would be cleaned up. When we finally got in, we waited for a couple of cycles before being passed over, so that they could fit in a group of three instead of our party of four. So we had to wait for yet another cycle of the storytime. Also, my DH was on the Aladdin Carpet Ride when something caused them to shut it down and get everyone off the ride. Guests were eventually able to reboard, but it again caused schedule delays. Also, BOG was a mess. After waiting up to an hour in line for lunch, the queue was not equitably divided. This meant that guests who had been waiting for a long time (like my party and those behind us) were watching the line next to us fly by, when they had not been waiting as long as we had. Guests behind us were properly upset and voiced their concerns, of which, nothing came of it. It was just constant issues like that which drained our time and energy. But, we did what we could and had a good time regardless.

Heat has been pretty consistent with the other August trips we've had. Crowds were the worst t magic kingdom on Sunday though yesterday t Epcot they weren't too bad! I believe more county's go back to school this Monday so parks will be less crowded again, we've been seeing a lot of people leaving each day ;-)

Pool time is a godsend!

Zycam and Vitimin C..... Works for me every time. We are getting there on Sunday too! Maybe we'll see you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter