ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Team August 2013 Thread! (Part 2)¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

I'm a bit late in posting here, been a hectic year for us, but . . . .

Mad excited (DD18 would tell you I'm just MAD, but I try not to pay too much attention to her), will be leaving for Disney World bright and early (well, early, don't think it's going to be very bright, we're planning on leaving at 3:00 AM UGH lol) Saturday morning.

We will be at POR Riverside from Sunday, August 18 until Saturday August 31.

Our ADR's are as follows:

Sun Aug 18, 5:00 PM Rainforest Cafe' DTD
Mon Aug 19, 8:25 AM Crystal Palace 4:20 PM Liberty Tree Tavern
Tue Aug 20, 12:10 PM Coral Reef
Wed Aug 21, 7:30 PM Rose and Crown
Thu Aug 22, 6:55 PM Ohana
Fri Aug 23, 8:15 AM 1900 Park Fare 5:20 PM Plaza Restaurant
Sat Aug 24, 5:00 PM Planet Hollywood
Sun Aug 25, 7:05 AM Chef Mickey's 6:00 PM Tony's Town Square
Mon Aug 26, 11:30 AM 50's Prime Time
Wed Aug 28, 6:00 PM Garden Grille
Thu Aug 29, 5:35 PM Liberty Tree Tavern
Fri Aug 30, 6:45 PM Rose and Crown

:welcome:

Ticker is definitely stuck - it's been saying 3 days, 20 hours, etc since yesterday....oh well!

Packing is mostly done - last few things in the laundry. Today is dragging by sooooo slowly....

One suit case full of all "soft packing". 2 pair of shorts darted in the waist so they won't fall off. Very glad I took the day b4 we leave off to do laundry and pack. 4 more days of work. DD7 might be starting a new med this week, here's to hoping it works. Would rather not find out it's a dud once we are in the World. Hopefully this med wont kill her appetite. We have sooo many great buffets and family style ADRs.

Drove and picked up my girls a day early and it took the whole day thanks to all the trailers and semis on the highway, I'm just glad to have them home! 6 days away and we have packing to finish. I feel unprepared but am sure it'll come together in time to leave!!

Glad to hear the kiddos are home :goodvibes .

Thanks :-) my house was actually clean for a week, home less than a day and it looks like they never left ha ha ha!

5 days to go... 4 of them work days... Wishing I had taken Thursday off too lol!

I was just wishing I had taken a extra day off! We leave Thursday at 7:00am from Calgary. I picked up a mister from bass pro last night...thanks for the tip :)

Anyone else making the drive from the NE next Saturday? Always kinda fun to watch for other people that are heading to Disney World on our way down I95.

That and counting all the "new" cars that are broken down on the side of the road, as we cruise by in our 1994 Honda are two of our best forms of entertainment on the way.

Anyone else making the drive from the NE next Saturday? Always kinda fun to watch for other people that are heading to Disney World on our way down I95.

That and counting all the "new" cars that are broken down on the side of the road, as we cruise by in our 1994 Honda are two of our best forms of entertainment on the way.

We are leaving from CT Tues 2am. Hoping for a smooth ride down!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I think all of the clothes are packed. Now it is the stress of what to pack for the car/stroller/diaper/toy/park bags. Yeesh

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks :-) my house was actually clean for a week, home less than a day and it looks like they never left ha ha ha!

5 days to go... 4 of them work days... Wishing I had taken Thursday off too lol!

We leave the evening of the 22nd (a Thursday). I had originally booked Wednesday and Thursday off, thinking that would give me lots of time to get all of the little things done.....but then decided just last week to add Tuesday as a day off as well. I am grateful for my awesome bosses who allow me that kind of flexibility!!!

So six work days to go for me (M-F this week, then Monday the next). Should go fast as I have a couple of lunch dates with friends during that time, a hair appointment on one of the days off (can NOT have gray hairs on vacation :rotfl:) and an extended family beach day next Sunday. Still haven't started packing....will probably not drag the suitcases out until Tuesday the 20th. I don't do well when my house is in chaos :rolleyes1 . Yep, a little organizational OCD here :rolleyes: .

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina said:
We leave the evening of the 22nd (a Thursday). I had originally booked Wednesday and Thursday off, thinking that would give me lots of time to get all of the little things done.....but then decided just last week to add Tuesday as a day off as well. I am grateful for my awesome bosses who allow me that kind of flexibility!!!

So six work days to go for me (M-F this week, then Monday the next). Should go fast as I have a couple of lunch dates with friends during that time, a hair appointment on one of the days off (can NOT have gray hairs on vacation :rotfl:) and an extended family beach day next Sunday. Still haven't started packing....will probably not drag the suitcases out until Tuesday the 20th. I don't do well when my house is in chaos :rolleyes1 . Yep, a little organizational OCD here :rolleyes: .

I totally set aside time for a dye job before we leave! I'm 24 and have the strangest patches of grays. My hair will be a mess from the humidity, but at least I know it'll be brown!

We're down to 2 weeks! My carry on bag is packed to the brim - all it contains is the contents of my kids welcome bag! The kids carry on is hiding in my trunk - it has new toys and will have snacks. I'm putting off my real packing until last minute, and totally using this time as an excuse not to clean - I'll deep clean right before we leave, no point doing it twice! (;

I will be leaving Albany, flying on Saturday. We will wave to you from the plane. Do you drive straight through?

I'm still dirty blonde at 40, so the grey blend right in.

We're down to 2 weeks! My carry on bag is packed to the brim - all it contains is the contents of my kids welcome bag! The kids carry on is hiding in my trunk - it has new toys and will have snacks. I'm putting off my real packing until last minute, and totally using this time as an excuse not to clean - I'll deep clean right before we leave, no point doing it twice! (;
Cleaning? My DH will be home all week when we are gone. What's the point of wasting good Touring Plan planning and shopping time cleaning?

I was just wishing I had taken a extra day off! We leave Thursday at 7:00am from Calgary. I picked up a mister from bass pro last night...thanks for the tip :)

Glad you found one!

You're lucky you can take the extra time... Though since Thursday is also the last day I work at this job I don't see why they'd want me there since my mind will definitely be in disney mode lmao!

I partially packed our toiletries, got our vinylmations ready for trading, found our pins and dh traded in some Canadian for us$ so we're making some headway.

My brother is leaving for Israel tomorrow and will be coming back just before I leave for Disney. The bad news: I think he's taking the suitcase I wanted, and if that's the case, I'll need to speed pack when he gets back, and he's not known for being prompt with unpacking. I'm a bit worried! I hope he takes the giant suitcase instead since he's going for so long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter