ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Team August 2013 Thread! (Part 2)¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

So I have caved and made a facebook page just to follow along with everyone's trip. Since I am new at this, I just want to make sure I did it correctly. I went to the page and then requested to join. Is that correct?

LOL, I did it too!!

I am having the same problem! We will have to leave our house early Thursday morning and I have SO much to do, and yet I'm being so lazy!

But on the upside for those leaving later....our trips will be over and yours will just be starting!

Exactly my thoughts!

Though thankfully once I get home on Sunday I can start counting down the days until my December trip. :)

We're going to Disney this week! :cool1: We used a spray dye and it didn't penetrate very well and even after having them sit for 48 hours a lot of the dye still rinsed out. Neat concept but poor execution on our part. Next time we'll go with a better dye and application system.

Our first try with the tie dye shirts involved the spray dye as well. We tried it twice (we had enough dye to do it 2 times)... definitely didn't work well either time. :( Finally ended up having to buy the dye that comes in a squirt bottle.:guilty:

Wow so many of you leaving or have just arrived in disney.
I have to wait until the 25th to leave. :sad2:
Patience, Patience ArielRae!

On a side note anyone there the 25th - 30th with a fireworks cruise booked and have room for 1 more I would love to join you.

We aren't arriving until the 25th either. For DD it seems like suuuuuuch a long way away!

On the road! Can't believe we are already in Baltimore County MD. Smooth sailing so far. Leaving at 2am working well for us.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We returned from our magical 11 day trip last night. My husband just left for work, and he wasn't happy!!;) we had a wonderful time, followed touring plans (and I believe they were very accurate), went to all 4 parks and IoA at Universal, ate at some old favorites, and tried some new places (dinner at BoG was amazing!!) Our DS's are 10 and 17, and they still love Disney as much as they always have!!

We stayed off site in a vacation home- we LOVE the space (it had 5 bedrooms!!) and private pool. It would take us no longer than 10-15 minutes to get from our house to the front of any park! We always rent a car regardless if we stay on property or not. We have stayed in the same area 6 times now, and love it!!! We did the dessert party and met a Dis family (hi Beth!). We spent the most time at Epcot, which is our favorite park, did all the sorcerer missions at MK, made rope drop every day, went back to the house, and most days went back at night. We also did a marathon day on our last park day, 14 hours in the park!!!

On our first day we exchanged out UCT tickets for RIFD tickets at DTD without a problem. We saw Planes at DTD on our last day, as our plane didn't even take off until 7:30.

We have been to WDW in July and August several times, and August is by far our favorite time- extremely hot, yes, but we experienced such low crowds this time we will always go without worry!! We went to MK on both Saturdays we were ther, as per touring plans, and even at 11 am even the new fantasyland attractions were a 5-10 min wait! We did headliners first thing, got fast passes as needed (no problem with them being available despite new magic bands and fp+). Just an FYI the haunted mansion did not have fast passes available, as they said they were testin out magic bands and fp+, but posted stand by time was always 20 minutes, and we waited less than that, even at 9 pm one night.

Guess this was pretty long, but you know us DISers- always willing to give more info if you want it!! I love talking about my trips! Ask away if you want more info!!

We returned from our magical 11 day trip last night. My husband just left for work, and he wasn't happy!!;) we had a wonderful time, followed touring plans (and I believe they were very accurate), went to all 4 parks, ate at some old favorites, and tried some new places (dinner at BoG was amazing!!) Our DS's are 10 and 17, and they still love Disney as much as they always have!!

We stayed off site in a vacation home- we LOVE the space (it had 5 bedrooms!!) and private pool. It would take us no longer than 10-15 minutes to get from our house to the front of any park! We always rent a car regardless if we stay on property or not. We have stayed in the same area 6 times now, and love it!!! We did the dessert party and met a Dis family (hi Beth!). We spent the most time at Epcot, which is our favorite park, did all the sorcerer missions at MK, made rope drop every day, went back to the house, and most days went back at night. We also did a marathon day on our last park day, 14 hours in the park!!!

On our first day we exchanged out UCT tickets for RIFD tickets at DTD without a problem. We saw Planes at DTD on our last day, as our plane didn't even take off until 7:30.

We have been to WDW in July and August several times, and August is by far our favorite time- extremely hot, yes, but we experienced such low crowds this time we will always go without worry!! We went to MK on both Saturdays we were ther, as per touring plans, and even at 11 am even the new fantasyland attractions were a 5-10 min wait! We did headliners first thing, got fast passes as needed (no problem with them being available despite new magic bands and fp+). Just an FYI the haunted mansion did not have fast passes available, as they said they were testin out magic bands and fp+, but posted stand by time was always 20 minutes, and we waited less than that, even at 9 pm one night.

Guess this was pretty long, but you know us DISers- always willing to give more info if you want it!! I love talking about my trips! Ask away if you want more info!!

That sounds like you had a great time!! Thanks for the god news, here's hoping our trip goes as well as your did.

So today is our 2 year anniversary :) and we have 3 days til Disney!! (I don't count today since I'm already working lol).

We returned from our magical 11 day trip last night. My husband just left for work, and he wasn't happy!!;) we had a wonderful time, followed touring plans (and I believe they were very accurate), went to all 4 parks and IoA at Universal, ate at some old favorites, and tried some new places (dinner at BoG was amazing!!) Our DS's are 10 and 17, and they still love Disney as much as they always have!!

Awesome trip report!!! Thank you!! I can't wait!! Soooooooooo happy to hear about the lack of crowds!!! :cheer2: What area did you stay in? We're staying off-site too. :thumbsup2 4 more days!!!!!!!

On the road! Can't believe we are already in Baltimore County MD. Smooth sailing so far. Leaving at 2am working well for us.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You should be so happy you did leave that early cause not 2hrs later (think it shows you posted going thru MD at 4:30am) in MD they were under a tornado warning and it has now been reported a funnel cloud was spotted. Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey are all having severe rain and flooding right now. I have a river of water going by my house it is so heavy with the rain. You beat this mess by leaving early. Sorry for those in the area flying out cause flights are delayed cause planes can't get thru this mess.

Awesome trip report!!! Thank you!! I can't wait!! Soooooooooo happy to hear about the lack of crowds!!! :cheer2: What area did you stay in? We're staying off-site too. :thumbsup2 4 more days!!!!!!!

pixiedust:Wishing you a very magical trip!! We stay right off of 192, in a development off of Formosa Garden Blvd- it's just past where Splendid China used to be. We book our vacation house through a woman named Robin. Her and her husband manage about 10 houses. The website is www.fvhl.com - tell her Carie sent you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter