“I hate hate hate this airline” Pretrip and Day 1

DisneyJade

Two decades on the DIS, lurking and learning
Cast: Jade – Disney Planner (1st trip as an adult)
Yorke – Disney Skeptic (1st WDW trip – DL aficionado)

Pretrip: The whole trip actually begins last March when my boyfriend and I were bumped off an America West flight in Vegas. They gave us free travel vouchers for anywhere in the U.S. Eventually, we (I) decided we would use the vouchers to go to Disney World on our one-year anniversary. Yorke didn’t like the idea from the start, but he never came up with anything better, so it was “WDW, here we come!” I did all the planning for months while Yorke made no effort to hide his indifference. But in the end, even he seemed a little excited.

Day 1: We’re off to a rocky start as America West strikes again! Our flight from Tucson to Phoenix was delayed for an hour due to paperwork.
zx11pissed.gif
We missed our connecting flight to Orlando and had to take a later one. So, instead of arriving at 4pm, we didn’t get to Florida until after 7pm. So much for Tapestry of Dreams.
pinkcry.gif
Our Tiffany Towncar driver was pleasant and the car was gorgeous ( a Ford Lincoln Towncar). We arrived at Port Orleans French Quarter and checked in See Resort Report , then hustled to Epcot for Illuminations.
Got to Epcot around 8:30pm, but still had time to grab some food at the Lotus Blossom in China pavilion. See Dining Report Walked right up to the rail along the Lagoon to watch Illuminations just as the show was starting! I already love off-season!!!
**Magic Moment Alert!!** Halfway through Illuminations, a shooting star flew through the sky right over the lagoon! It was so bright, for a minute we thought it was part of the show! It was very romantic.
1luvu.gif

Back to the resort and early to bed.
Not too chilly tonight… a light sweater was enough to keep warm.
I don’t know if we just timed the buses well, but there was almost always one waiting. In fact, the whole trip, I think the longest we waited for a bus was less than five minutes.
Tomorrow: Our Anniversary and the most magical day of the whole trip!!!

Too bad the American West strike caused you to arrive so late in Orlando.

This is a great beginning, I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

Katholyn

With the exception of your flght delay, you had a wonderful first day! I look forward to reading more!

Sorry to hear about the delay getting to WDW :(

It sounded like the rest of your night was pretty great :)

Can't wait to read the rest of your trip report.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter