“After 2 New Years Eve's..We still haven't learned our Lesson” Pre Trip update10/16

Hmmmm - if there seems to be too many 'out of hand & under the weather', do you think we'd be able to get into DHS later in the day? Is there any hope of park hopping between DHS and Epcot NYE? (I've written off going to MK - I think that'll just be toooooo crowded, and we're sort of tied to our ADR's in Epcot.)

Sorry 'bout turning your pre-trippie into a Q&A session but it's great to get some info from some-one who's actually done NYE in WDW. THANKS!

I'm always happy to help others with questions and plans about their trips. 3 years ago I was able to hop from Epcot to MGM around 6 or 7pm. My guess is that park hopping will be an option this year, with the economy there will be fewer people in the parks. If you want to see Fantasmic at HS that night be sure to hop early. I'm planning on seeing the 6:30pm show and BF and I are planning on getting in line at 4pm. (We'd like to see the later one, but I made dinner reservations before BF fell in love with the show).

If you're going to be at Disney on the 30th. MK does a preview of their New Year's fireworks at 11:50pm on 12/30.

Thank you also for answering questions about NYE since I've never been during that time either. I am also doing Fantasmic on NYE but not sure which one. I made an ADR for the Fantasmic package. They gave me a 4:00pm ressie (my TA made it for me) but I didn't think to ask which show b/c I thought there was only one. I'll have to call and ask.
I am REALLY hoping that the economy will benefit those of us going during that busy time. I was so excited about going that I totally forgot about how crowded it is during that week. :confused3 But, what can ya do. While I have touring plans I'm going to follow I will also be flexible if the crowds make it impossible to do everything I want. I'm usually pretty rigid when it comes to my plans and get bent when things get off kilter but I don't want to ruin my own vacation! LOL

Thank you also for answering questions about NYE since I've never been during that time either. I am also doing Fantasmic on NYE but not sure which one. I made an ADR for the Fantasmic package. They gave me a 4:00pm ressie (my TA made it for me) but I didn't think to ask which show b/c I thought there was only one. I'll have to call and ask.
I am REALLY hoping that the economy will benefit those of us going during that busy time. I was so excited about going that I totally forgot about how crowded it is during that week. :confused3 But, what can ya do. While I have touring plans I'm going to follow I will also be flexible if the crowds make it impossible to do everything I want. I'm usually pretty rigid when it comes to my plans and get bent when things get off kilter but I don't want to ruin my own vacation! LOL

Fantasmic Package is for the first show. Just make sure to be there about 30 minutes before the show starts, because they'll start to fill the section with "stand-by" people. I was also hoping for even a small discount. I had a touring plan my first year and it worked fine, we got to the park at open and rode almost everything we wanted. This year we're going planless - park choices and dining reservations. We know we'll be at TSM first thing in the morning and will try to ride it as many times as we can. We have a breakfast ADR at Hollywood and Vine for an early lunch, and a dinner ADR at Mama Melrose for a late dinner and then we'll watch the Osborne Lights for awhile before heading out front to the hat to watch the fireworks. (Well I'll watch through my camera lens, BF will actually watch).

Lesson 6: Update 20 days to go!!

So I'm at 20 days. Usually, I'd be starting to pack and ready to walk out the door, but this year I promised that I would wait to a bit closer. (I'm hoping that means I get new luggage for Christmas) I haven't made any big changes since July. There have been a few financial things, but they're getting worked out.

This trip has been a bit harder for me to get excited about. Normally, at this point I'm trying to rearrange things to make dining arrangements better, get more park time in a certain park, but everything is set. All I have to do finish making lists and packing and I'll be ready to go, and hopefully really excited. BF has planned something special for me on the trip, so I'll be sure to write about it when I come back.

Another 2008 NYE patron! Said I would never do it, but here I go.

character fan - we are there the same days

Will be at Epcot on NYE, but plan to hop to DHS during mid day then return to Epcot for grand finale. Hope it works out for us.

Lesson 7: 8 days 12 hours to go! Some Updates

We're finally getting excited about the upcoming trip. I've got to call Disney Dining today to cancel a few ADRs we won't need.
A Candlelight Processional that I booked before my 180 day mark, when Marlie Matlin was going to narrate, but I don't care to see the new host.
and
Hollywood & Vine on NYE for breakfast. I was able to get a lunch, on the spur of a moment discussion. We liked the lunch menu better. When I made my ADRs 180+10 ago I asked for 12:30pm, but the guy put in breakfast so it gave us 11:00am. At the time, BF decided it wouldn't be too bad, but I had breakfast there in September (where I celebrated my 22nd birthday) and I wasn't too impressed with the menu offerings. BF was excited by the lunch menu so we decided that the switch would be great if it was possible. So the other day I made a call, and they guy (who must have been new) I asked for noon and he gave it to me (after repeating my name 3 or 4 times and phone number and all that jazz).

Packing:
I still haven't started packing. This is really starting to stress me, because I have a slight OCD problem with packing. I have to pack and then unpack and then repack before leaving. There are a few problems with packing I have come across:
~My suitcase that has gone with my on 4 week long Disney trips has grown a hole on the corner. I want to replace it, but it looks like I may not replacing it until after the new year, but I'm going to get "Minnie" luggage. My Tuesday Morning had some really cute red and white poka dot luggage that I'd die to have, and now I have a reason to get it.
~I placed an order from Crocs.com last week and it had before Christmas delivery. It's scheduled to get here on 12/23. I ordered:
421_1_black.jpg

Pair of Alice. For me. I love crocs. Since I can't wear tennis shoes they are the most comfortable things I've worn in the packs.
crocs204893_116373_lg.jpg

and a new pack bag. It's big enough to hold my trip notebook, a jacket, resort mugs, and some other stuff we won't need.
I also ordered a few Christmas jibblets since the bag has places for them, and I needed to spend $50 to get free shipping and save $10.
~I went to Old Navy over the weekend. I got a couple sweaters, a jacket to replace the one my dad lost in the airport on our September trip, and a long sleeve tee for BF (He says he won't need it, but if we have another 32 degree day on this trip he'll need I'm sure)

Other Plans:
~We had planned on leaving Atlanta around 9am, but BF has moved it up to 6am. He says he's worried about traffic. It's a Sunday the only traffic will be a few people going to church. I think he just wants to get there earlier.
~We edited our package on the 45 day mark, and took off a day and downgraded to the basic dining plan. Which made me a little sad, but we still planned on going down on the 28th and eating at The Plaza. Last week we re-upgraded to Deluxe Dining and got a hotel for the night of the 28th. I am a bit worried because it'll be my first off site stay in several years, but the place looks really nice. It's the Galleria Palms Orlando which I got a great rate and it has great reviews here on The Dis and other places.

Wow, that's a bit longer then I thought it would be. I'll do a finally details update next weeks.

Thanks for reading.

~My suitcase that has gone with my on 4 week long Disney trips has grown a hole on the corner. I want to replace it, but it looks like I may not replacing it until after the new year, but I'm going to get "Minnie" luggage. My Tuesday Morning had some really cute red and white poka dot luggage that I'd die to have, and now I have a reason to get it.

I may be inventing this memory, but I think our Tuesday Morning had luggage like that too. I need a big suitcase for January. I wanted to buy it, but when I couldn't come up with anything for a Christmas list for my mother-in-law, I told her to get me one and gave her strict instructions. Now I wish I hadn't because Tuesday Morning had some awesome stuff for me to choose from!

LOL I assume Tuesday Morning is a store? Took me a while to figure that out!
I feel excited and stressed at the same time. I haven't finished Xmas shopping yet which is NOT like me at all....and we just got 12 inches of snow in a storm today so I am not sure I can get out tomorrow to shop! Another storm is coming on Sunday so I may be in big trouble! I've been planning and preparing for this trip for so long and now it's so close and I feel so UNprepared! How can that be? LOL I got new luggage in August so that's all set. I am making some t-shirts for my BF as a surprise for Xmas. I'm making myself a set too. It's a logo for Beers Around the World with all the EPCOT countries represented by Mickey heads..each colored with that country's beer. And Stitch is in the middle. I can't wait until he sees it! :)
I am just worried about the weather here messing up our travel. I know it's 9 days away but we are due for another storm on Sunday as I said, and another one on the 24th. The following weekend looks iffy. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter