Unexpected points on resale contract

Tx3Mom

Earning My Ears
We decided to again take the plunge and add Copper Creek to our resale portfolio. Started with 100 point contract new use year of September to cover our fall Food&Wine/Christmas trips. The contract had the full 100 points starting in 2024 and nothing in 2023. Which is fine because all our trips for this year are already in the books, although of course we may squeeze in a quick December trip. 😝

Anyways, chatted to get my points loaded this morning as the membership showed up in my dashboard yesterday. To my surprise there was 100 2023 points showing up, along with 100 every year forward like it was supposed to be.

I immediately googled the banking deadline for September use year as I couldn't remember off hand, but was certain it had passed. Well it’s today, so I immediately banked those points into 2024.

My question is has anyone had something like this happen before? Seems like a big oversight on the broker and/or seller. 100 “free” or extra points….

And had the contract not shown up so quickly for me to catch this banking deadline of today it could have been 100 wasted points…

Last edited:
We decided to again take the plunge and add Copper Creek to our resale portfolio. Started with 100 point contract new use year of September to cover our fall Food&Wine/Christmas trips. The contract had the full 100 points starting in 2024 and nothing in 2023. Which is fine because our trips all our trips for this year are already in the books, although of course we may squeeze in a quick December trip. 😝

Anyways, chatted to get my points loaded this morning as the membership showed up in my dashboard yesterday. To my surprise there was 100 2023 points showing up, along with 100 every year forward like it was supposed to be.

I immediately googled the banking deadline for September use year as I couldn't remember off hand, but was certain it had passed. Well it’s today, so I immediately banked those points into 2024.

My question is has anyone had something like this happen before? Seems like a big oversight on the broker and/or seller. 100 “free” or extra points….

And had the contract not shown up so quickly for me to catch this banking deadline of today it could have been 100 wasted points…
It definitely happens. Seems like a major oversight by the broker but it definitely happens. I know we’ve even seen some Aulani contracts with subsidized dues that weren’t listed as sub dues on the broker website that end up costing the seller thousands of dollars. Enjoy the free trip!

Seems doubly stupid for a broker to miss the point that there were 100 bankable points available, as it would have made the contract even a tad more interesting for some potential buyers. Good thing you caught it, and you now have some bonus nights coming!

It has happened and sometimes it because the owner had and then canceled a trip before closing.

In those cases, they don’t include the points in the sale.

Regardless, congrats to you!!!

I had 15 points that became available on a 50 point contract I was purchasing. The resale company added an addendum for them and stated they'd be banked prior to closing. They weren't, and the banking window had passed. Thankfully MS granted me a one time banking past the deadline since it was a new contract.

Congrats on the new contract and the bonus points!

Yes happened to me, also on a CCV contract… was very weird as the contract had been listed with 2023 points, and the broker advised that there weren’t any and we had a bit of a fuss about price… the seller agreed to pay the 24 dues instead of drop the price, and then when points were loaded the 23 points were actually there!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter