Thoughts on Tiana BA going VQ, ILL, or LL?

DLRExpert

and WDWExpert?
My preference is that MK keep TBA as a Standby and LL attraction (same as it was for Splash Mountain), but I doubt Disney will pass on a money making opportunity.

Do we think it will go VQ and ILL, maybe just ILL and Standby?
However, if it goes VQ or ILL what happens to 7DMT and Tron?

My guess on how this will go...
VQ and ILL for TBA.
SB and ILL for 7DMT
SB and LL for Tron
... 7DMT is a more popular ILL than Tron.

My gut feeling will be...
  • VQ and ILL for TBA
  • SB and LL for 7DMT
  • SB, ILL, and maybe SR for Tron
I believe the same except TRON won’t have a single rider line most likely. It isn’t built for it and Disney has started separating odd/even parties to different sides and seat odd parties together in a row. Same as they do on Slinky.

My preference is that MK keep TBA as a Standby and LL attraction (same as it was for Splash Mountain), but I doubt Disney will pass on a money making opportunity.

Do we think it will go VQ and ILL, maybe just ILL and Standby?
However, if it goes VQ or ILL what happens to 7DMT and Tron?

My guess on how this will go...
VQ and ILL for TBA.
SB and ILL for 7DMT
SB and LL for Tron
... 7DMT is a more popular ILL than Tron.
What makes you think 7DMT is a more popular ILL than Tron?

I expect both Tron and TBA to be on VQs and ILL for summer.

I expect Tiana to be a VQ for the first month or so that it is open, then switch to standby. I think it'll be a Genie+ LL, not an ILL.

I think 7DMT will remain standby and ILL.

I think Tron will remain an ILL. They might switch it from VQ to standby, but I think the chance of that happening is less than 50/50. They could leave it as a VQ. They've had two VQs in a park before when Moana opened and it and Guardians were both VQ at Epcot. That only lasted a short period after Moana's opening. I could see them doing the same with Tiana.

FWIW, I believe they had three ILLs for the first weekend that Guardians was open. They don't have a hard rule about not having more than two ILLs in one park. I don't think we'll get three in MK, but we could.

• 7DMT- G+
  • Tron- VQ/ILL (I don't believe for a second Tron needs the VQ anymore than GOTG does, but I believe the presence of the VQ sells ILLs and a glimpse today shows Disney is getting almost twice as much for a Tron ILL than a 7DMT ILL)
  • Tiana- VQ/ILL

What makes you think 7DMT is a more popular ILL than Tron?
Impossible to know. When I looked at the app around lunch today it was less popular by initial appearances with the next 7DMT at 7:40pm but the next Tron at 2pm. However, we don't know the LL capacity at the 2 attractions so we can't actually tell. I wager Disney makes more money off Tron ILLs due to their far higher price. Once 7DMT ILLs are all gone for the day Tron will still keep selling its ILLs.

One thing to note is that Tiana BA should be highly reliable since it's basically just redecorated Splash Mtn. It shouldn't have the breakdowns that new rides usually have that make VQ necessary.

That being said, I fully expect they Tiana will be ILL for the next few years. I'd guess they make 7DMT regular LL instead of ILL.

One thing to note is that Tiana BA should be highly reliable since it's basically just redecorated Splash Mtn. It shouldn't have the breakdowns that new rides usually have that make VQ necessary.

That being said, I fully expect they Tiana will be ILL for the next few years. I'd guess they make 7DMT regular LL instead of ILL.
The cynic in me guesses that they just keep three rides on ILL$. More profitable that way.

The cynic in me guesses that they just keep three rides on ILL$. More profitable that way.
I understand your line of thinking. I just cannot reconcile the 2 ILL$ / day / guest restriction if a park is going to offer 3 ILL$.

I'm curious how many non-regular / non-hardcore Disney guests are aware that there is a limitation on ILL$ before they arrive for vacation.

But this is WDW and any changes that can add complexity and difficulty to your vacation will be considered by leadership.

Unlike any other VQ ride so far, Tiana will close for lightning in the area.

Regarding ILL - this ride will likely have less demand in colder temperatures the same way Splash did. Of course it may take some time for this to happen since it's the newest thing in MK.

Regarding ILL - this ride will likely have less demand in colder temperatures the same way Splash did. Of course it may take some time for this to happen since it's the newest thing in MK.
This is one reason I assume it will be on the VQ and ILL until at least the end of summer. I also wonder how long of line they can keep in the shade/indoors (in California it used to be about 30-60m that was actually in the structure and I don’t think the main queue structure even had A/C). Having 2-3 hour lines out in the sun in Orlando in summer is not a great idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter