Split Stay- Poly & Riviera

DisMomNCM

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone!

My head is spinning with how many upcoming trips we have planned/are planning. With that being said, we are heading to Disney next February for a Wednesday-Wednesday one week stay. We are hoping to split our time between Poly standard view and Riviera premium view. We are Poly owners and have stayed there many times (and love it!) but have never stayed at Riviera. Would you start your trip at Riviera and end it at Poly, or would you start your trip at Poly and end it at Riviera? I am having a hard time deciding if I'd rather end the trip with somewhere I know I love, or end it with an exciting new resort we haven't stayed at before.

We’re Poly and RR owners and have done split stays as you describe many times. I tend to prefer starting at Poly and here’s why - Poly/MK is like a big party, whereas RR/Epcot is serene and quiet. RR also has nicer accommodations and the option to book a larger villa. Much less crowded too.

So I like going from high energy when me and the kids are fresher, and then downshift a bit as the trip goes on 🙂

I ALWAYS do split stays. I don't think I'm yet to do a trip that wasn't a split stay. Anyways I would base it on which parks you plan to be at. Since you're doing a Wednesday to Wednesday, maybe start with Poly so it's easier to get back to your room if you stay out for extended evening hours on Wednesday at MK. Transfer to RIV later on in the week and then take advantage of the extended evening hours at Epcot on Monday and then easy skyliner back to RIV once you're done.

Having RIV later in the trip will also give you something to look forward to trying out new as well while you're there.

I ALWAYS do split stays. I don't think I'm yet to do a trip that wasn't a split stay. Anyways I would base it on which parks you plan to be at. Since you're doing a Wednesday to Wednesday, maybe start with Poly so it's easier to get back to your room if you stay out for extended evening hours on Wednesday at MK. Transfer to RIV later on in the week and then take advantage of the extended evening hours at Epcot on Monday and then easy skyliner back to RIV once you're done.

Having RIV later in the trip will also give you something to look forward to trying out new as well while you're there.
Unfortunately late nights aren’t part of our world anymore (temporarily) while we have a four year old lol. But those are great points!

I did think that having something to look forward to at the end of the trip made sense, but I also don’t want to be disappointed because I love the Poly so much 😂

We’re Poly and RR owners and have done split stays as you describe many times. I tend to prefer starting at Poly and here’s why - Poly/MK is like a big party, whereas RR/Epcot is serene and quiet. RR also has nicer accommodations and the option to book a larger villa. Much less crowded too.

So I like going from high energy when me and the kids are fresher, and then downshift a bit as the trip goes on 🙂
This makes a lot of sense! I haven’t been to the Riviera itself enough to have noticed the quiet feel to it, but I agree that would be nice at the end of the trip haha.

We did this split last August. Started at Riviera and moved over to Poly. I don't think you can go wrong either way. We love both.
Edit to add we also have small children.

Just did a Poly/BC with a 6 yo. Had stayed at Poly before but not BC and liked the familiar/little more hectic first then the new/calmer of the second leg.

I prefer to stay at an ‘Epcot/Hollywood’ resort first - then switch to a MK one - since I like to always end my trip at MK…

See, I'd say just the opposite, and like the poster, I've done MANY split stays. I always do the "new" (to me) resort first-if I like it, I can always book another trip there, maybe for a whole trip. But if I don't enjoy it as much as I hoped I would, I still have my resort, that I know I love, to look forward to.
So now that you've gotten 2 opposite responses. keep in mind that the right answer is what's right for YOU.

See, I'd say just the opposite, and like the poster, I've done MANY split stays. I always do the "new" (to me) resort first-if I like it, I can always book another trip there, maybe for a whole trip. But if I don't enjoy it as much as I hoped I would, I still have my resort, that I know I love, to look forward to.
So now that you've gotten 2 opposite responses. keep in mind that the right answer is what's right for YOU.
Like everything with Disney and DVC.. it's all about personal preference lol :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter