Questions about VQ, ILL, G+ Strategy

foolish-mortal

Your ghost host
Hi - we will be on-site for the first time in a few years. We have 2 park days planned before our cruise and want to maximize everything since it's a short visit. I've read through many of the pinned threads but there's A LOT of information. So I haven't been able to read everything. I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly and I have a couple additional questions.

We are staying at the WL for 3 nights. We are fine with paying for G+ and ILL. We have 2 older teens so we are aiming for rope drop but trying to be realistic that it may not be exactly at rope drop.

Day 1 is AK in the morning. Back to WL in the afternoon. Then we have tickets for Epcot AH in the evening.
Day 2 is MK in the morning, Back to WL in the afternoon, return to MK for the evening.

Clarifications:

• We can purchase G+ at midnight the night before, correct?
  • We can begin making G+ selections at 7 am regardless of park open time, correct?
  • We can purchase ILL at 7 am regardless of park open time, correct?

Questions:

• If you purchase an ILL, can you modify the time potentially or is it set in stone? If we get one for 4 pm but wanted to come earlier, can we search for an earlier time to open up?
  • Is the purchased ILL arrival time flexible? If we have an arrival time for Tron or 7 Dwarves for 10 am can we arrive any time after, including later in the evening?
  • Are Tron ILL still available for purchase typically after 1 pm? If we wait to see if we get a boarding group at 1, and don't, will we potentially still able to purchase at that time?
Thanks!

Hi - we will be on-site for the first time in a few years. We have 2 park days planned before our cruise and want to maximize everything since it's a short visit. I've read through many of the pinned threads but there's A LOT of information. So I haven't been able to read everything. I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly and I have a couple additional questions.

We are staying at the WL for 3 nights. We are fine with paying for G+ and ILL. We have 2 older teens so we are aiming for rope drop but trying to be realistic that it may not be exactly at rope drop.

Day 1 is AK in the morning. Back to WL in the afternoon. Then we have tickets for Epcot AH in the evening.
Day 2 is MK in the morning, Back to WL in the afternoon, return to MK for the evening.

Clarifications:

• We can purchase G+ at midnight the night before, correct?
  • We can begin making G+ selections at 7 am regardless of park open time, correct?
  • We can purchase ILL at 7 am regardless of park open time, correct?

Questions:

• If you purchase an ILL, can you modify the time potentially or is it set in stone? If we get one for 4 pm but wanted to come earlier, can we search for an earlier time to open up?
  • Is the purchased ILL arrival time flexible? If we have an arrival time for Tron or 7 Dwarves for 10 am can we arrive any time after, including later in the evening?
  • Are Tron ILL still available for purchase typically after 1 pm? If we wait to see if we get a boarding group at 1, and don't, will we potentially still able to purchase at that time?
Thanks!
Yes, you can purchase Genie+ at midnight. However, there is no need to stay up that late and get up early the next morning before 7:00. You can buy it just a few minutes before making your first LL reservation at 7:00. It has never sold out before 7:00, although it has sold out before park open at least once.

Yes, you can make your first Genie+ selection at 7:00.

Yes, you can make your ILL purchases at 7:00 regardless of park opening time, when staying onsite.

ILL return times are not modifiable. You get to choose from available times when purchasing. Choose your time well. You can't change it.

From what I've heard, the arrival time for Tron is "strictly" enforced (if you are late, you need a good excuse and then hope for pixie dust), but there is flexibility to return late for the other ILL rides.

Over the past month, Tron has, on average, sold out its ILLs for the day at 5:36 PM. (Source) However the answer to this question will depend on when you go. On January 1, the average time over the past week was 9:12 AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter