Is G+ worth it if you leave parks early?

Princesca

<3 Pink sugar heart attack! <3
I see a lot of people saying they use G+ to stack for later in the day, but we are traveling with small kids who may not make it in the parks after 5. Would that make it not worth purchasing? We have 2 days in MK and 1 day in EP.

It can be worth it if you strategize correctly. Since you have small kids it will actually be good, and here’s why. Around 10am lines build for lower tier attractions like Dumbo, Barnstormer, Little Mermaid, Tomorrowland Speedway, etc. Lines will grow to 15-30 minutes. But no one wants to blow a G+ selection for these rides, so the return times are almost immediate between 9:30 -11:00. It won’t make sense to get a Jungle Cruise at 7am for a return time like 3:00pm because you won’t be able to make your next selection untill 11am and you will miss out on that lower tier immediate return time window. Instead, it makes sense to make your first G+ selection to be a mid-tier attraction with a 9-10am return time, something like haunted Mansion. Then you can rope drop something like Pirates (or JC then Pirates if you are ambitious) with no wait at 9am head to HM which will then have a 30 minute wait. Bypass that line, and start making selections with immediate return times for rides like Winnie the Pooh, little mermaid, Dumbo, etc. You’ll be able to G+ all lower tier Fantasyland rides by 11am. At that point, you can make a couple of more mid-tier selections by 5pm, and I’d say it’s worth it. If you are there for early entry, I would recommend rope dropping Peter Pan and Small World, and then going to Pirates, HM etc, as I discussed above.

This would be my ideal plan:
First G+ selection for HM with return time 9-10
Rope drop JC and Pirates or just Pirates
EE rope drop PP and Small world then Pirates
Use HM G+, then select Winnie as next
Ride Small world if you haven’t.
Knock out the following using a combination of G+ and standby:
Carousel
Pricesses (if that’s your thing and try for immediate return times)
Winnie
Little Mermaid
Dumbo
Barnstormer
Teacups
Tomorrowland Speedway
Buzz
You should be done by noon with 5 more hours to make a couple more G+ selections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter