Help with Hollywood Studios Strategy

perchy

WDW Resort Hopper
Two questions:

Staying on property and HS will be our first full day.

I will buy G+ but I don’t want to also buy ILL for ROTR.

Should we rope drop Rise? Does that make the best use of early theme park entry?

And then, should my tip board pick only one or two options for the 7 am G+ pick? Or do I select several priorities an grab the earliest one possible?

If you want SDD it needs to be your 7am priority. Goes in like a minute.

I’d rope drop ROTR. Is DHS still unofficially opening like half an hour before EE? Because if it you need to be there for that. Do realize ROTR might delay open and you could waste your morning in the line.

Alternatively I love hopping in line last thing at night. Last Feb when I did that the 50 min posted wait time was actually <20 so I think they inflate it right before close. Also no ILL to compete with after close so line moves faster.

Rise has a very good chance of being down during early entry and you will not receive a redemption pass if it goes down at early entry. On my trip in May, Rise was down during early entry on both of my HS days and it went down after park close when my friend and I hopped on line around 8:30 pm. Rise also opens before EE a lot of the time so if the park opens at 9 and EE starts at 8:30 I would try to physically be in the park around 7:30-7:40. I did that in February and was able to ride Rise and Smuggler's before early entry started.

If you want SDD it needs to be your 7am priority. Goes in like a minute.

I’d rope drop ROTR. Is DHS still unofficially opening like half an hour before EE? Because if it you need to be there for that. Do realize ROTR might delay open and you could waste your morning in the line.

Alternatively I love hopping in line last thing at night. Last Feb when I did that the 50 min posted wait time was actually <20 so I think they inflate it right before close. Also no ILL to compete with after close so line moves faster.

We were there last August and wrapped up the night at Rise, but a portion of the experience was down so we still haven’t seen the whole thing.

We would do early entry. So is rise open then or no?

I supposed if rise isn’t open for EE we could head to smugglers run.

Rise has a very good chance of being down during early entry and you will not receive a redemption pass if it goes down at early entry. On my trip in May, Rise was down during early entry on both of my HS days and it went down after park close when my friend and I hopped on line around 8:30 pm. Rise also opens before EE a lot of the time so if the park opens at 9 and EE starts at 8:30 I would try to physically be in the park around 7:30-7:40. I did that in February and was able to ride Rise and Smuggler's before early entry started.

Does it make sense to try it for EE and if it’s down, head for smugglers run?

To be at the front of the pack for rope drop, you need to be at your resort bus stop one hour fifteen minutes before early entry. Busses will start running one hour before early entry but the first bus has occasionally left earlier, so it’s good to be there earlier. If you take the second bus, you will be in the middle or back of the rope drop crowd. Make slinky your first G+ selection at 7am. Add it to your my Disney day and it will be at the top. Watch videos on how to quickly make the pick. Rope drop Rise. If you are lucky and it is open during EE, and you are at the front of the pack, you may have time before the regular park guests are let in to get on another ride like Runnaway Railway or Smugglers Run. Another strategy is to knock out Midway Mania and Swirling Saucers with little wait. EE and the 30 minutes afterwards is crucial to be focused on getting on rides before the lines build. Your next G+ selection should be ToT. Thiis strategy should give you a good start to your day.

How are you in the park at 730? I thought they didn't let you park your car until 730; and isn't that when the skyliner starts running?

Thanks!

How are you in the park at 730? I thought they didn't let you park your car until 730; and isn't that when the skyliner starts running?

Thanks!
I took the Disney busses from my resort (POR) to HS. I think the bus showed up at the resort around 7:00-7:10 am. I don't think the parking lot was open yet when I got there and I have no clue about the Skyliner.

ROTR was down today for rope drop and is still down. It's a risky choice to rope drop. I have seen a lot of people getting on it at park close, and that sounds like a good plan to me. You should know if it's running or not by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter