Have you ever played the Yugioh card game or watched the cartoon?

My boys were the perfect age for this when this came out. It was huge at our house for years. Boys are 27 and 29 now and I still find an occasional card stuck under or behind something in the house. One of them had a Yu-gi-oh costume for Halloween 2002 or 2003.

I've heard of it, but know little about it. It sounds like it's about people screaming at eachother, so I'm curious why Nick Cage isn't involved.

I've heard of it, but know little about it. It sounds like it's about people screaming at eachother, so I'm curious why Nick Cage isn't involved.
Funniest thing about the show, it almost always broke the rules of the actual card game.

it was on in the background of our home for years w/ my son watching it. we also have a wealth of yugio related sheets, pillowcases, comforters and towels in the linen area (they keep the disney princess, sponge bob, harry potter...stuff from different phases of my kid's lives company).

DS was very much into it when he was young. Played and traded cards with his friends and cousins. Honestly, I’m not a big fan of any anime or manga. I took him to see The Yugioh Movie; it was one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen in a theater. Wish I could’ve walked out, but he was enjoying it. :tiptoe:

The card game (with the original rules) is a simple fun game that parents and kids can play together. It is not complicated like D&D. You can even play 2 vs 2. Some of the basics include a deck of 40 Yugioh cards for each player (you can just go to a gaming card store or comic book store to get a predetermined deck). 8000 life points are assigned to each player. A deck of cards should contain monster, trap, and magic (spell) cards. Decks are designed based on a person’s personality. There are assigned elements to each monster card such as the 4 elements (earth, water, wind, fire) and others like light and darkness. The key to any deck is for it to represent you and for it to be a balance between the 3 types of cards. Think of a deck as being a deconstructed sandwich that you are putting together. When you have all the right components come together it will taste great.

Yu-Gi-Oh came out at the same time Pokemon started to become all the rage and I remember very little about the cartoon and card game because I had seen Yu-Gi Oh cards at Target and I didn't know what it was. But I became Pokemon crazy when I rented Pokemon Crystal when it first came out for my Gameboy Advance and I was so impressed with the game that I got my own copy of Pokemon Crystal for Christmas and occasionally still do Pokemon. But based on the success of Pokemon we started seeing games like Yu-Gi-Oh becoming popular and comic book shops and game shops started offering lessons on Yu-Gi-Oh and tournaments as well. And although not as popular today Yu-Gi-Oh served as the reason why card games became a huge hit in the 2000's for kids because people saw it like the Dungeons And Dragons fad of the 80's but with tablet apps becoming huge it's very possible that Yi-Gi-Oh might make a comeback soon

Yugioh is also a fun card game that can help pass the time when traveling on vacation while traveling by car. It’s mostly math with some strategy. Most duels take an hour to complete. I’ve seen cheap starter decks at Target and Walmart (they make great stocking stuffers). So if you or your kids like card games and want to try something new, you might want to try this cheap fun game.

The show is a little wacky though. I’m fact, the USA version was toned down compared to its Japanese counterpart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter