Fireworks on Main Street with an ECV/Wheelchair

BriannaRuth

DIS Veteran
We've never really done anything other than a somewhat random viewing of the fireworks from wherever we happen to be, but this year we'd like to see them, including the projections on the castle, which I assume would mean viewing from Main Street. So questions about that:

1. It's my understanding that there is no way to do a reserved/premium spot for fireworks, or a dedicated space for viewing either Fantasmic or fireworks for someone in an ECV other than one of the Fantasmic dining packages that allow you to stay in the area after the show. Is that correct? (It seems like last time we saw Fantasmic with an ECV, we didn't have to buy a package because you could make a reservation on the app and ECVs were in the back of that area, but there was no cost.)

2. If you're in an ECV for anything other than the River Belle premium (staying at your table), it might not be very good for fireworks because everyone will start standing up in front of you.

3. Assuming that's the case, what would be the best place for someone in an ECV to be able to view the fireworks? The ECV guest would prefer to see it from Main Street with castle projections, but if that doesn't work, what would be an alternative? Haven't done this before with an ECV, but last time we did try to do a Main Street parade with an ECV, we didn't have a lot of luck because people kept trying to squeeze in front of the ECV.

4. As far as holding a spot, the ECV guest has said they would be willing to do this. They've also said they might be able to stand during the fireworks, but would not be able to stand the entire time that would include holding a spot. No one else in the group really wants to spend a long time holding a spot. The ECV guest is the one who really wants to see the fireworks.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I will be in an ECV on my next visit and am interested in anyones input on this too. I really wish there was an ECV Vlogger out there who would do a walkthrough of every single ride and the procedure using an ECV, it would just make it much less stressful knowing how to navigate the park.

We've never really done anything other than a somewhat random viewing of the fireworks from wherever we happen to be, but this year we'd like to see them, including the projections on the castle, which I assume would mean viewing from Main Street. So questions about that:

1. It's my understanding that there is no way to do a reserved/premium spot for fireworks, or a dedicated space for viewing either Fantasmic or fireworks for someone in an ECV other than one of the Fantasmic dining packages that allow you to stay in the area after the show. Is that correct? (It seems like last time we saw Fantasmic with an ECV, we didn't have to buy a package because you could make a reservation on the app and ECVs were in the back of that area, but there was no cost.)

2. If you're in an ECV for anything other than the River Belle premium (staying at your table), it might not be very good for fireworks because everyone will start standing up in front of you.

3. Assuming that's the case, what would be the best place for someone in an ECV to be able to view the fireworks? The ECV guest would prefer to see it from Main Street with castle projections, but if that doesn't work, what would be an alternative? Haven't done this before with an ECV, but last time we did try to do a Main Street parade with an ECV, we didn't have a lot of luck because people kept trying to squeeze in front of the ECV.

4. As far as holding a spot, the ECV guest has said they would be willing to do this. They've also said they might be able to stand during the fireworks, but would not be able to stand the entire time that would include holding a spot. No one else in the group really wants to spend a long time holding a spot. The ECV guest is the one who really wants to see the fireworks.

Thanks for any suggestions!
These are all great questions. I'm also interested in responses from others.

For fireworks, I recommend trying it's a small world. It tends to be less chaotic and there are seated viewing areas. This is the direction we've tried when going with small kids who cannot see everything from Main Street. I refuse to put kids on my shoulders to block other people's view. Yes, I would prefer to view the fireworks and projections from Main Street, but this is a "compromise" based on my current situation and making it easiest for me and my young kids to be able to view the show (and also not negatively impacting other people because of my personal situation).

Just my two cents.

These are all great questions. I'm also interested in responses from others.

For fireworks, I recommend trying it's a small world. It tends to be less chaotic and there are seated viewing areas. This is the direction we've tried when going with small kids who cannot see everything from Main Street. I refuse to put kids on my shoulders to block other people's view. Yes, I would prefer to view the fireworks and projections from Main Street, but this is a "compromise" based on my current situation and making it easiest for me and my young kids to be able to view the show (and also not negatively impacting other people because of my personal situation).

Just my two cents.
How very considerate. We did the same when our children were little.

If you really want to watch the fireworks from Main Street, try to get right behind the rope that's put across Main Street just before the hub. (but don't go into the hub, stay on Main Street)
If you get there about 45 minutes before fireworks, there will be cast members on the sidewalk who can tell you exactly where the rope will be set up and where to go for the best view.

If you really want to watch the fireworks from Main Street, try to get right behind the rope that's put across Main Street just before the hub. (but don't go into the hub, stay on Main Street)
If you get there about 45 minutes before fireworks, there will be cast members on the sidewalk who can tell you exactly where the rope will be set up and where to go for the best view.
Great advice. Another option if this doesn't work is the rope at Center Street in the middle of Main Street. This will be blocked off as a guest crossing. Yes, people will be walking in front of you but you can see the building projections on either side the fireworks up high.

My husband uses an ECV and we third the recommendation to get right behind the ropes. It gives you enough open sky to be able to see the fireworks from a seated position, and we don't find people crossing the street to be much of an issue--most people stop to watch in approved viewing locations, and the CMs do keep whatever foot traffic there is moving, so it's not like someone is going to stop right in front of you.

The spot we tend to prefer is on the Tomorrowland side of the central hub area--the rope walkway they set up connects the Tomorrowland entrance to the central hub where the partners statue is. That gets you a what we think is a great view of the castle projections. You do have to get there kind of early to get a space there, though, because they seem to put the ropes up there well before the ones on Main Street. When we don't feel like spending that much time reserving a seat, we head toward Main Street. There's one set of ropes at the refreshment corner and another set not quite halfway down ( I can't remember the exact spot--I think near the ice cream parlor).. If you look on the sidewalk about 30-45 minutes before the show, you can usually see the CM who has the rope on a large handheld spool thing and know that's the spot. Or you can just ask them where the rope is going to go and they'll tell you.

People definitely will try to squeeze in to the spot--especially if it's just the ECV person holding the spot, because people will people. Getting right behind the rope does help with that, but if they are trying to hold space for a large group, it's going to be miserable for them if everyone isn't there at least 20 minutes before showtime if you're on main street and 30 minutes before showtime closer to the castle. I just run and get snacks (corn dog, ice cream, popcorn) and bring them back to the space and we eat to pass the time, lol.

And you didn't ask about World of Color, but there IS a dedicated viewing area for that show. They probably will not be able to accommodate everyone in a large party, but we can usually have our party of 3 all in the viewing area.

I'm curious to know this as well. How close to the castle can you watch the show?
These are pictures from last year. We were maybe the 2nd or 3rd row back, slightly to the right. We arrived 1.5 hrs before the show started.

Another time my spouse wanted to sit in the front so we arrived more like a couple hours (or more) before the show started. There were a couple of ECVs next to us (front row). They arrived early just like everyone else.

Cast members stop people from walking in front of the castle during fireworks. Just like the parade, there are natural breaks in the projections and they allow a group of people to pass, then they stop traffic again.

Everyone sits and then, maybe a half hour before the show (not sure of the exact timing), they ask everyone to stand. As people are standing and gathering their items, others from way back, and on the sides, rush forward and push to the front. Be prepared for that. When they tell you that they are going to ask you to stand in a few minutes, pack up your blankets, pick up your bags and stand up. Brace yourself because there is a lot of pushing. If you have a backpack, I would wear it in front so that nothing gets taken out of a bag on your back.

If you are with someone in an ECV, you might need to put your arms out so that no one pushes forward and blocks their view.

1716829113364.png 1716829311295.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter