Favourite rollators to use while at the parks?

Becca43

Earning My Ears
Hi all! After a very successful trip to Disney World with a rollator for the first time in January, I am beginning to look into upgrading to a better rollator before future trips. The one I got ahead of my trip more than did the job, but it is a very basic model and isn't exactly meant for regular outdoor use either (it's only got little 6" wheels). For those who are also rollator users, I'm wondering if you have any favourite brands or models you like to use in the parks and similar environments? There are just so many options and such a range of prices that I'm just generally interested to hear about others' experiences and preferences firsthand while also knowing what works for one person may not be the right fit for another. Open to considering standard rollators, European-style rollators, and also the 2-in-1 rollator/transport chair combos. Thanks so much for you thoughts!

Hi all! After a very successful trip to Disney World with a rollator for the first time in January, I am beginning to look into upgrading to a better rollator before future trips. The one I got ahead of my trip more than did the job, but it is a very basic model and isn't exactly meant for regular outdoor use either (it's only got little 6" wheels). For those who are also rollator users, I'm wondering if you have any favourite brands or models you like to use in the parks and similar environments? There are just so many options and such a range of prices that I'm just generally interested to hear about others' experiences and preferences firsthand while also knowing what works for one person may not be the right fit for another. Open to considering standard rollators, European-style rollators, and also the 2-in-1 rollator/transport chair combos. Thanks so much for you thoughts!
You mentioned the one thing I would say based our experience is make sure you get the larger wheels. And ours was a cheaper Walmart one and are still using it

Drive Medical Nitro; I have literally worn out and have so far replaced: the wheels, seat, and basket, but the frame is going strong.

If you can, find a local mobility vendor, and "test fit" to make sure that the standard size is good for you. It's important to try any mobility or assistive device before you buy if at all possible - there is nothing more miserable than being stuck with a device that really isn't what you want it to be.

I second the Drive Nitro!! Mine has been through multiple Disney and other trips, and it's been fantastic! Very adjustable, large wheels, and comfortable seat and seat back. Plus, we always decorate mine so it's easy to find after a ride. (The Mickey stickers all over it kept someone at an airport from grabbing mine by mistake once!) 😀

We dont' have the one mommabunny has, but something about that one that looks nice is it folds up sideways, not front to back. We have four rollators, one in each car, one for downstairs (7 inch wheels) and one for backyard with 8 inch wheels. We bought the "outside" one not realizing it was just a tad to wide for our doorways. So it lives on the porch. To go through doorways, you had to wiggle it through or fold it up. The Nitro looks like you can just close it a tad if needed to go through a tight doorway.

I got one of the two in one rollaators (Healconnex 2 in 1) for my husband specifically for the parks (we're VERY recently moved to Orlando) just in case he ran out of steam and needed a push. It has worked for us thus far.

Thanks all for the suggestions! Will definitely be going to a local mobility vendor but since not all vendors carry all brands/models, I figured I’d look into some options ahead of time to make sure the ones I want to try will be available 😊

Appreciate the point @jo-jo made about considering whether an outdoor rollator might be wider and be more challenging to fit through some doorways - does anyone have experience with this? To those who recommended the Drive Nitro, is it wider than a traditional/non-European style rollator?

I have the standard height drive nitro, and it fits through doorways just fine. I think its the same width as traditional rollators, but far more comfortable and better on uneven ground. I know that some companies make what are referred to as bariatric rollators, and I believe those are usually wider and may have an issue with door width.

Also, the nitro has a folding handle on the seat, which makes it easy to pull closed on disney busses. It folds pretty flat quickly. We got mine from Amazon, if you have a hard time finding it locally to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter