And Just Like That- Season Two

I think Aidan’s problem is with Carrie, not her apartment. This isn’t going to end well.
Indeed. Staying out of her apartment helps his mind to not go there and open those memories and wounds. But, eventually, they will all come flooding back. She cheated. Repeatedly so. I think he will snap to at some point and take a step back.

Maybe Aidan will do the heart breaking this time around. She won’t sell her apartment and she will send up going back there once again. She will rent to the jewelry designer neighbor and when Aidan dumps her she will move back to the old apartment and write about the break up.

Indeed. Staying out of her apartment helps his mind to not go there and open those memories and wounds. But, eventually, they will all come flooding back. She cheated. Repeatedly so. I think he will snap to at some point and take a step back.

Maybe Aidan will do the heart breaking this time around. She won’t sell her apartment and she will send up going back there once again. She will rent to the jewelry designer neighbor and when Aidan dumps her she will move back to the old apartment and write about the break up.

I’ve been thinking the same thing - this time, Aidan might be the cause of Carrie’s heart breaking.

And very convenient that Carrie’s young jeweler friend is going to need a place to stay.

All that said, however, I thought it was a nice juxtaposition to have Aidan’s ex-wife wanting to meet w/ Carrie & the 2 of them seeming to have a carefully nice “on-the-surface-at-least” relationship compared w/ the very frosty relationship Big’s ex-wife had w/ Carrie & her not wanting to meet or speak to Carrie.

Also, if things DO last between Carrie & Aidan, it’ll be interesting (& fun) to see her in a stepmother-ish role to Aidan’s 3 sons - and the writers could do a lot w/ that storyline.

And, random, but I always liked Sara Ramirez in ”Grey’s Anatomy,” & Che, w/o Miranda, reminds me more of the Sara Ramirez I liked.

(And Miranda is finally back to dressing better & more like herself. The scenes w/ her & Charlotte were fun.)

I’ve been thinking the same thing - this time, Aidan might be the cause of Carrie’s heart breaking.

And very convenient that Carrie’s young jeweler friend is going to need a place to stay.

All that said, however, I thought it was a nice juxtaposition to have Aidan’s ex-wife wanting to meet w/ Carrie & the 2 of them seeming to have a carefully nice “on-the-surface-at-least” relationship compared w/ the very frosty relationship Big’s ex-wife had w/ Carrie & her not wanting to meet or speak to Carrie.

Also, if things DO last between Carrie & Aidan, it’ll be interesting (& fun) to see her in a stepmother-ish role to Aidan’s 3 sons - and the writers could do a lot w/ that storyline.

And, random, but I always liked Sara Ramirez in ”Grey’s Anatomy,” & Che, w/o Miranda, reminds me more of the Sara Ramirez I liked.

(And Miranda is finally back to dressing better & more like herself. The scenes w/ her & Charlotte were fun.)

I like the Carrie/Che friendship. I also like Miranda and Charlotte scenes. They were so funny spying on Lily and Brady. LOL.

I’m a bit late to the game and recently started watching, can anyone tell me why, when Miranda lost her phone on the beach, she didn’t borrow a phone to call it? And why were they cleaning up kelp, isn’t it a natural substance in nature?

I’m a bit late to the game and recently started watching, can anyone tell me why, when Miranda lost her phone on the beach, she didn’t borrow a phone to call it? And why were they cleaning up kelp, isn’t it a natural substance in nature?
I think with the phone, she asked someone but they kind of brushed her off. Then everyone just left the clean up since they were done. They were all kind of younger people giving her weird, "okay boomer" looks. LOL.

For the sea weed, I think they clean it for aesthetic reasons, to make the beach nice for tourists.

I think with the phone, she asked someone but they kind of brushed her off. Then everyone just left the clean up since they were done. They were all kind of younger people giving her weird, "okay boomer" looks. LOL.

For the sea weed, I think they clean it for aesthetic reasons, to make the beach nice for tourists.
She didn’t ask though (just watched it last night), she also could be used hot surfers phone. The weird guy in the safety vest seemed to be focusing on environmental issues with the planet, I don’t think an environment group would waste time volunteering to clean up seaweed for tourists. I wonder why they didn’t just use garbage?

Well, Carrie (and Big) did ruin Natasha’s marriage. I would have given Carrie a lot more than the cold shoulder. I did love that classic take down/verbal beating Natasha gave her in the original series.
Carrie and kids of any age do not mix.

I agree about Che/Sara. Much more palatable without Miranda.

I did not like a lot of the latest episode. SJP doesn’t even seem like Carrie to me. She doesn’t seem comfortable.

Spoilers

I watched the latest episode and we are seeing the beginning of the end of Carrie and Aidan. I knew that something would have to happen that was out of their control to split them up. Enter young troubled teen. Now Aiden will see it as his duty to stay in VA to nurture his son. I really wish Aidan would be her forever person.

Love Miranda now that she is not with Che and she is more in her element.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I still love Seema. No, she is not Samantha, but I like her energy.

Love Charlotte and her struggle with family and going back to work and trying to balance everything. I was laughing at Rock calling Charlotte to bring the notebook. LOL I had to make that dash to the school many times.

I like Carrie, I think she has grown into a new Carrie. I think we, as viewers, have to not compare her to the Carrie of SATC. She is older and wiser now. She has gone from poor to rich. Single to married. She has survived the death of her husband etc. I think she is more subdued and maybe a little somber, but it comes from the stuff she has been through.

Not too crazy about the Anthony storyline. I like his character, but I like him better as the funny sidekick, not so much with a major storyline.

I will say it again, I don't like Che. I know it is supposed to show the struggle they are having, but nope. That standup was just mean. And none of their standup material is remotely funny. They can be a minimal character that interacts with Carrie only. That's it. Ugh.:sad2:

I always enjoyed Seema. No, she cannot replace Samantha, but the show has to evolve.

Still don't care about the Nya storyline. Feels forced. :confused3

Harry has become my absolute favorite side character. I laugh every time he's in a scene! :love:

I always enjoyed Aidan and Carrie on SATC, but it is weird in this series. Just feels off.

I don't hate the Anthony love storyline, but I much prefer him as a side kick like Harry. This is a female focused show.

Charlotte telling her family she was somebody before all of them, preach mama!! Mom/Wife rolls can sometimes diminish the individual you are. It's not a bad thing, but does need to be appreciated from time to time.

I will say it again, I don't like Che. I know it is supposed to show the struggle they are having, but nope. That standup was just mean. And none of their standup material is remotely funny. They can be a minimal character that interacts with Carrie only. That's it. Ugh.:sad2:

I always enjoyed Seema. No, she cannot replace Samantha, but the show has to evolve.

Still don't care about the Nya storyline. Feels forced. :confused3

Harry has become my absolute favorite side character. I laugh every time he's in a scene! :love:

I always enjoyed Aidan and Carrie on SATC, but it is weird in this series. Just feels off.

I don't hate the Anthony love storyline, but I much prefer him as a side kick like Harry. This is a female focused show.

Charlotte telling her family she was somebody before all of them, preach mama!! Mom/Wife rolls can sometimes diminish the individual you are. It's not a bad thing, but does need to be appreciated from time to time.

I also love Harry. His facial expressions are hilarious. I love that he is so enamored by Charlotte. I died when she yelled at them all and slammed the door. Only to open it afterwards for the dog! 😂

I also don't care for Nya's storyline. She does not gel with the girls like Seema and Lisa do.

I watched the latest episode and we are seeing the beginning of the end of Carrie and Aidan. I knew that something would have to happen that was out of their control to split them up. Enter young troubled teen. Now Aiden will see it as his duty to stay in VA to nurture his son. I really wish Aidan would be her forever person.
Yep saw that coming a mile away last week when they introduced the son. Just rolled my eyes. Again with the lazy writing on this show.
Love Charlotte and her struggle with family and going back to work and trying to balance everything. I was laughing at Rock calling Charlotte to bring the notebook. LOL I had to make that dash to the school many times.
I've done the notebook/textbook/ band instrument/ tennis racquet dash myself many times.
I like Carrie, I think she has grown into a new Carrie. I think we, as viewers, have to not compare her to the Carrie of SATC. She is older and wiser now. She has gone from poor to rich. Single to married. She has survived the death of her husband etc. I think she is more subdued and maybe a little somber, but it comes from the stuff she has been through.

Not too crazy about the Anthony storyline. I like his character, but I like him better as the funny sidekick, not so much with a major storyline.
Carrie is now "the wise one" of the group. Kind of stoic and sad while Miranda has lost he marbles and Charlotte tries to forge a path back to her old self, Carrie is the solid one. This is a different Carrie for sure.

Granted, I know nothing about the world of non-binary comedy clubs in NYC. But how on earth could any of that be considered comedy? Not just Che's set but the person who introduced Che. It is cringe to the Max. I understand the writers want to be inclusive but this Che storyline does no favors to the non-binary community.
Thank heaven for Harry. Scene saver every time.

I watched the show very late last night after a long evening prepping for work, so I will have to watch it again this weekend. Couple of takeaways:

Aidan won't return next season. The kid will be the dealbreaker. Who didn't see that coming. Now Carrie will be alone again without the comfort of her apartment. She will end up buying it back just like after the Big wedding blew up in the first movie.

Secondly......... Stanford is a monk??? That's the best they could come up with for his character and to honor Willie? Maybe there is an inside joke there somewhere that I'm missing but it's so dumb in my opinion.

Secondly......... Stanford is a monk??? That's the best they could come up with for his character and to honor Willie?
Because Big died, I guess they felt like another death would be too much. I think they honored Willie Garson by having Stanford say he was at peace at the monastery.

Because Big died, I guess they felt like another death would be too much. I think they honored Willie Garson by having Stanford say he was at peace at the monastery.
I know two deaths would have been a lot in two seasons but still. It didn’t sit right with me. I feel like having him run off in the first place was such a slap the monk thing just puts a bandaid on it.

One more thing, why do they keep dressing Carrie in bedding? First it was the comforter and this last episode it’s and oversized quilt for a coat. There has to be a metaphor in there somewhere since her wardrobe always had multiple meanings in the original series.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter