Able to experience all Christmas activities during Thanksgiving week?

MFG

Earning My Ears
Hello all, me again! We’re in early talks for a 2023 holiday visit. Would either be thanksgiving week or Christmas week. We know crowds are nuts but here’s my question-does either week typically have all the holiday stuff? I worry if we go too close to Christmas we’ll miss the after hours events, but it we go during thanksgiving week we might miss events that haven’t started yet.

Thoughts from those who have done both weeks? The crowds seem (slightly) less chaotic for thanksgiving but hate to do a big trip and miss out on holiday magic. Thanks all!!!

We have been there on 4 or 5 Thanksgiving week trips. Usually they had MVMCP the Friday before and did not have it again until the Sunday after. We were there this past November and the after hours holiday event they did have several days that week. They brought back MVMCP for this year and just checked the schedule and there are a few that week. At Epcot the storytellers in the different countries and the Candlelight Professional usually begin on Black Friday. As far as resorts being decorated there is a lottery for the deluxe so you might find early in the week some not done yet but by Thanksgiving they should all be. The themed Christmas trees at Disney Springs whether if they bring back the Christmas Tree Trail or spread around should be out.

Reactions: MFG
We've been several times during Thanksgiving week as well. We have not found the crowds overwhelming, but we have missed the Epcot storytellers, which is one of my favorite holidays features at WDW. I would say Thanksgiving week is better due to the (hopefully) lesser crowds as long as you will be there through the weekend to see the storytellers. Coming from the Midwest, I am also less stressed about the possibility of dealing with snow driving to and from the airport in November.

Definitely sounding like the thanksgiving week is at least the less crowded and may have the after hours….

Definitely sounding like the thanksgiving week is at least the less crowded and may have the after hours….
The parties (special ticket evening events) are definitely running by mid-November. You're completely fine there.

It's the decorations throughout the 4 parks, resorts, and Disney springs that are still being finished that week. And, the Epcot festival with all of its fun starts Black Friday, so whether you can do that will depend on your exact travel dates that week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter