Spinoff thread: American and Italian culture Q and A thread.

We tend to cook regular Thanksgiving dinner - finding all the ingredients is a crazy task, so we don't go that big on it. Plus, Thanksgiving is not a holiday here, therefore we cannot go all the way, but we make sure to have at least a turkey roll, gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and pumpkin pie. Cranberry sauce is super hard to find (as well as cranberries), so we don't always have it. That's our usual spread.
I used to stream the Macy's parade while working, back in the day, but it got harder to find a stable and good quality live-stream.
This year I will be in the USA for Thanksgiving, therefore it will be truly a special one! And we already arranged to do Friendsgiving with some Italian friends as soon as we are back as well. Looking forward to new traditions!
How was your Thanksgiving in the USA?

Hey there! Italian, currently living in Italy (with US husband)! Love this thread ❤️

Lesser-known places in Italy that are totally worth visiting:

Bologna / Modena - Emilia Romagna region (art, food, Ferrari)
Comacchio / Ravenna Emilia Romagna region (coastal towns, Comacchio is also called Little Venice)
Perugia / Gubbio / Assisi - Umbria Region
Genova and the Ligurian Riviera (If you saw Luca - the Pixar movie, you know 😉)
The Garda Lake region and the town of Arco, if you are into hiking, climbing, fresh mountain air
San Marino - well, technically not even Italy! San Marino, it's another Country in Italy and totally worth exploring!

Those places are actual little gems, worth exploring if you're planning to visit more known destinations such as Venice, Florence, or Rome. It's where the Italians go on family, long weekend trips. Also, I only pointed out north and central Italy places, as I'm not very familiar with the south.
@valval , I hope all is well in Italy. I have a question. Can you explain what the Sanremo festival is? Is it a national singing tournament in Italy or a qualifier for Eurovision or both? Thanks. 😃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter