Elijah Abrams

Mouseketeer
My fiends, they finally did it. As of now, DisneylandForward has OFFICIALLY BEEN FULLY APPROVED (and the plan will take effect 30 days from now, which is June 6th)!!! We have no idea though on how long expansion construction will take and what the Disneyland Resort has planned for this amazing project, but there's always time to make guesses and come up with our own ideas. What ideas do you have for DLForward?

Some of my ideas called for a farm-themed land and Shanghai Disneyland's Zootopia for the California Adventure side (that farm land idea could also become Bunnyburrow), and maybe, just maybe, Tokyo DisneySea's Fantasy Springs.

(Yes, one of those ideas already revealed officially was Avatar land, but I feel that sounded like Bob Iger was trying to tempt the city of Anaheim into green lighting DLForward. My guess is that they'll turn that Avatar land at Disneyland into an expansion for Pandora at Disney's Animal Kingdom, since the concept art showed that it's based on "Avatar: The Way of Water".)

I’d prefer they did a third park on the old strawberry field and use the other expansion plots for dining and entertainment. And as for what type of park I’d like to see as the third park, I’d like to see one with six “lands” each based on the continents, so Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, South America, and North America. It would then have a bit of an Epcot feel, but also include attractions, dining, and stores themed to animated movies, so South America for example could feature the Three Cabelleros, Emperor’s New Groove, and Encanto. Africa could include Lion King and Tarzan and maybe Wakanda. Asia could have an Arabian area with Aladdin as well as Jungle Book, Mulan, and Raya and the Last Dragon.

A domestic version of Fantasy Springs. Plans exist. R&D budget should be lower. WDI has the people and understanding and technology to pull off a revised version of something the company just completed for OLC.

It would be cool to see a lot of the stuff the Asia parks have that the US parks don't. But I'd also like to see something totally new and unique for DL! Maybe an IP that is popular but underutilized, like Lion King or Beauty and the Beast, with a unique ride system

It's time for Nightmare Before Crhistmas to get it's own ride. I think they should put something like that in and retire Haunted Mansion Holiday.

It's time for Nightmare Before Crhistmas to get it's own ride. I think they should put something like that in and retire Haunted Mansion Holiday.
Haunted Mansion Holiday is hugely popular, though. Maybe just do both.
It was years before I got to see the actual Haunted Mansion, though, because we always went to DL on September or later!

Haunted Mansion Holiday is hugely popular, though. Maybe just do both.
It was years before I got to see the actual Haunted Mansion, though, because we always went to DL on September or later!

Okay, I'll make you a deal - they build a NBC ride, but for four months a year, they strip out Jack Skellington and replace him with Haunted Mansion characters. 🤣

I’d like to see one with six “lands” each based on the continents, so Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, South America, and North America. It would then have a bit of an Epcot feel, but also include attractions, dining, and stores themed to animated movies,
Some sort of Westcot would be great for the 3rd gate for sure!! (Toy Story lot)

But the first thing they will do is build the new parking structure across harbor before they actually build any new lands for the parks… but hopefully we will get some of the plans at D23 this year and beyond.

I actually think that would be an awesome counter overlay 😆
In the Upside-Down?? (who owns Stranger Things?)
Maybe it can all fit in a Villians land? And since WDW doesn’t have the haunted mansion holiday it fits well over there?
Ok, back to DLF

This thread is going to be looooog, and active for a decade or so. ;)

A domestic version of Fantasy Springs. Plans exist. R&D budget should be lower. WDI has the people and understanding and technology to pull off a revised version of something the company just completed for OLC.

There's rumors they flew the Anaheim city council to Japan to tour Fantasy Springs before the vote, but there's one major problem. OLC has multi-year exclusives on those attractions. That's why Paris is getting a Tangled spinner and not an actual dark ride and Hong Kong got a clone of the lower quality Epcot attraction (and Paris is getting it too).

Additionally, there's no way TWDC is willing to fund a project at that quality/budget level. There's always a company disaster or budget cut waiting in the wings.

Some sort of Westcot would be great for the 3rd gate for sure!! (Toy Story lot)

That's called DCA. They have their food and drink park already.

Part of me thinks it's going to be more Marvel, as Disneyland is the only place domestically they can build it.

An Iron Man attraction based on Cosmic Rewind, sounds plausible.

With the closing of Monster's Inc for Pandora 2, we may finally see the Monster's Inc family coaster plans from Studios get dusted off and built somewhere too.

Last edited:
The latest.. I'd vote for Zootopia out of the 3, but I'd much rather see Cosmic Rewind, or a Rock N Roller Coaster type thing, with other theming around it to tie in to something.

There's rumors they flew the Anaheim city council to Japan to tour Fantasy Springs before the vote, but there's one major problem. OLC has multi-year exclusives on those attractions. That's why Paris is getting a Tangled spinner and not an actual dark ride and Hong Kong got a clone of the lower quality Epcot attraction (and Paris is getting it too).
I wonder if OLC would consider a modification of the contract if Disney was really interested. Or maybe Disney would rather develop completely new attractions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter