(Updated 5/19) Save the Art! - Jan 2024 Trip Report

Ohhh, I love those ears! They are so cool!

I really wish they would have photopass photographers at the photo ops, last time I went to FArts it was a solo trip and I was bummed I wasn't able to do most of them.
Thank you! :) Yea, I agree - they should have photographers at all the photo ops! They have them at some, but it would be nice at all of them. Or at the very least some kind of phone stand!
Weren't you cold? I was there that week and froze all week until Friday!
It was a bit cold in the mornings but honestly mostly I thought it nice! But then I prefer being cold to being hot
Welcome back!
Thank you! :)
Cute pics with Alice! She’s my favorite character! Glad you guys had a good May trip too!
Thank you! I've never met her before and it was super fun. :)

Also guys - Trevor has a work trip to Paris (hopefully :)) in about 2 weeks, and I'm gonna tag along cause Paris. We've booked 2 nights in the Disneyland Hotel and I was able to score a fancy dining reservation at La Table de Lumiere - I'm so excited! Here's hoping his work trip doesn't get canceled and it actually happens!

Wandering Around Future World - Mon Jan 15, 2024 (part 3)

We decided to head over to Creations Shop to look around a bit, so we passed through the new center section (which I love the music for, by the way - such a good music loop!). We of course had to stop and get some pictures.
small 2024-01-15 - Epcot - Epcot_7.jpg
small 2024-01-15 - Epcot - Epcot.jpg
I love this magic shot with Figment. Also Trevor wanted me to point out his shirt - "It's Gonna Brie All Right" - because we were planning to have brie later in the day. :)

Also look what I noticed!
IMG_7310.JPG
So cute to have the manhole cover basically be SpaceShip Earth. Also forgive me if this is a thing I notice every time and put in every trip report. :)

We ducked in to the shop and ended up buying the Marvel Santa hat for Trevor. We still had a bit of time, so off we went to Club Cool.
IMG_7311.JPG
Gotta get my raspberry soda! Viva from Moldova. So yummy! We skipped Beverly. :)

As we left Club Cool, we saw one of the booths set up in the area between Creations Shop and Creations Cafe and while it wasn't "open" per se, it was open enough that we could walk through, so we decided to look around.
IMG_7312.JPG
Love that dress picture with the splatters on Sleeping Beauty's dress.

This was also the booth with all the fancy carved tables:
IMG_7313.JPG
If we ever won the lottery this would absolutely be one of the signs - look at it! Belle and the Beast are dancing! So neat. We loved looking around at all these.

Then we figured it was time to head over to meet Figment!
IMG_7316.JPG
Pretty SpaceShip Earth picture - just so nice to see this view without construction walls. :) Over by Figment we found a photographer, so of course we stopped:
small 2024-01-15 - Epcot - Imagination pavilion_3.jpg
The lighting was all weird with the clouds but it made for a pleasant time.

And because I didn't remember that you could go right to the Figment meet and greet, we decided to ride the ride:
IMG_7317.JPG
It was only like a 5 minute wait. Cause of course. :)
IMG_7318.JPG
I do like the theming in the queue area - the flubber robot!

How Many Characters Can We Meet Before Noon? - Mon Jan 15, 2024 (part 4)

More Figment queue theming:
IMG_7321.JPG
I wanna go in the Flubber Storage!

The ride was fine - I definitely plug my nose so I don't get the skunk smell, and I'm a nice wife 'cause I warned Trevor too. :) Then, we got off and into the dump area, which was really our goal - the Figment meet and greet! Trevor went to Disneyworld when he was little little with his family and met Figment, and there's a picture of him just wailing while meeting Figment, so we figured we needed to recreate it. The line looked kind of long, but we only ended up waiting about 10 minutes - not too bad!
small 2024-01-15 - Epcot - Imagination at epcot_8.jpg
That's Trevor's version of crying...too bad I don't have the original to put in here!
small 2024-01-15 - Epcot - Imagination at epcot_7.jpg
Hi Figment! :)

And we got super lucky - Joy wasn't out meeting while we were in line, and checking the app she was supposed to come out at 10:30, so I was like huh, we could just jump right over to her meet and greet, since there was basically no line. It worked out! Right as we finished Figment, we went and got in line for Joy (we were the second group) and then just a minute or two later we saw this:

Hi Joy!
PXL_20240115_153421400.jpg
PXL_20240115_153433891.jpg
Joy has so much energy y'all - I love it:

I told her about my button (it's my Up button that says "Adventure is Out There") and how we were looking forward to the Festival. Super fun - and super fast! Its fun to meet characters when there is basically no wait. :)

We looked through the gift shop there for a bit and bought a pin, and then headed outside and the jumping fountains caught our attention for a bit:
IMG_7328.JPG
The fountains are super cool - I like them a lot.

At this point it was about 10:40 - the booths again don't open til 11, and the one artist who was first on my list wasn't scheduled to do signing until 12 noon. So we still had a bit of time. What did we do?

Well we ducked into that Pixar Short Films building and saw the Mickey and Minnie meet and greet - in their Disney 100 outfits! The line was kind of long, but since we didn't have anything else to do, and it was their special Disney100 outfits, we decided to hop in line.
IMG_7329.JPG

This ended up being a 20 minute wait (despite the line having fewer people than the Figment line did), but then we had a fun meet and greet:

Trevor always tries to film the meet and greets but sometimes it doesn't work...like this time where they pulled him into it immediately (as opposed to some of the meet and greets where its more for me and so Trevor will film me meeting the character for a bit before jumping in at the end for a photo). It was a fun meet - I think we talked about their fancy outfits that Minnie made, and how I needed fancy jewels too? I don't actually remember...oops! :)
small 2024-01-15 - Epcot - Imagination at epcot_4.jpg

small 2024-01-15 - Epcot - Imagination at epcot.jpg
Such fun, and cute outfits - so fun to get to meet them in those outfits before they go away.

We finished up at about 11:05 - the booths were all officially open! What did we decide to do first? Well, the closest thing - the paint by numbers mural!
IMG_7332.JPG
It was definitely a bit crowded, even though it had just opened up.

It's Time for Art! - Mon Jan 15, 2024 (part 5)

So for the mural you had to get in line to get your cups of paint:
IMG_7333.JPG
It was kind of a long line! The tent up there is where you get the paint. But after 6 minutes we had our paint:
IMG_7335.JPG
I asked for the pink :)

Then you hop in line again to get a spot at the mural itself - we waited 5 more minutes then had our spots!
IMG_7338.JPG
PXL_20240115_162113552.jpg
It only took a minute or two to do, which was good 'cause it had started to sprinkle.
IMG_7341.JPG
Still had to get our selfie! Such a fun activity - I love that they do this. :) We forgot to circle back and see it more filled in, but we saw the bookmarks, so that's a win. :)

At this point I couldn't resist heading to the art booths. The first stop was the booth with art by JC Richards - he had this castle series and I was in love.
IMG_7343.JPG
Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty
IMG_7344.JPG
Tangled and Beauty and the Beast!
Aren't they so pretty? There's also Sleeping Beauty which you think would be my favorite but it was super green and more villain-y so I didn't love it as much as I thought I maybe would. I didn't take a picture of the Little Mermaid one but he has the undersea castle too. I was also super excited because he'd had the bigger paper versions on his website but they'd all sold out, so I was super excited to see these new editions. Trevor and I talked it over and lost all self-control - we ended up buying 3 - Snow White, Cinderella, and Beauty and the Beast. We went back and forth on Tangled...I'm still kind of back and forth on it - it's pretty but so dark.

Anyways, website if you're interested: https://disneyfineart.com/collections/jc-richard

So we bought those three and were gonna come back at 12 for the artist to sign. Woohoo!

Ok, more art pictures of what we saw while browsing:
IMG_7345.JPG
IMG_7346.JPG
I thought about getting this one...it's the DisneyWorld mansion! But decided against it, since we bought the three castle pieces.
IMG_7347.JPG
Isn't this a cool Cinderella piece?

Up next, food and more art!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter