Don't bring ammunition to Turks & Caicos

You didn't have to "drown yourself" in the news to hear about this story. It was posted all over the place. People were talking about it.

Yes, it could still happen, and I could be called up to the 49ers to play QB.

I don't remember seeing it anywhere other than here. The world is bigger than what you see and "people talking about it".

And your 49ers QB analogy is ridiculous. People get complacent or make innocent mistakes every day that lead to terrible consequences. Half the world is below median intelligence. Humans make honest mistakes. There should be some consideration for that in any civilized society.

I wonder what would happen if large numbers of people decided to protest the law by bringing in a single piece of ammunition to Turks & Caicos. Maybe they would overwhelm the court & prison system, and spark T&C to reevaluate the law.

I wonder what would happen if large numbers of people decided to protest the law by bringing in a single piece of ammunition to Turks & Caicos. Maybe they would overwhelm the court & prison system, and spark T&C to reevaluate the law.
Or.... Maybe they'd go to prison for 12 years, whilst whining about their victimhood to anyone who would listen. I don't know about you, but they could count me out of a protest that has the potential to land me in prison for 12 years. There's also the possibility that they could decide 12 years obviously isn't enough of a deterrent, so they raise it to 20.

Last month my niece called me crying. She was driving FL to PA and in the wee hours driving 20mph over the speed limit in VA.

She is DEVASTATED. It is a CRIMINAL OFFENSE. It will be life changing if* it gets put on her record.

Levels of Speeding Offenses in Virginia
General speeding usually is charged up until 19 miles per hour over the speed limit or less, however, once it transitions to 20 miles per hour over the speed limit or more, it typically becomes reckless driving, which is a criminal offense rather than just a traffic infraction.

But at the end of the day, does it make sense to boycott VA because their laws are different, or pay extra attention not to speed?

*We’ve gotten a lawyer. There are no other offenses involved. Hopefully VA will be satisfied with fines but there is no guarantee.

Here's my guess...
1) They confiscate passports (so can't leave the island).
2) Folks would have to pay to stay somewhere until their court date (which will now be a while because of everyone else "protesting").
3) Then folks get sentenced to 12 years in prison.

Sure, see how far you get.

Last month my niece called me crying. She was driving FL to PA and in the wee hours driving 20mph over the speed limit in VA.

She is DEVASTATED. It is a CRIMINAL OFFENSE. It will be life changing if* it gets put on her record.

Levels of Speeding Offenses in Virginia
General speeding usually is charged up until 19 miles per hour over the speed limit or less, however, once it transitions to 20 miles per hour over the speed limit or more, it typically becomes reckless driving, which is a criminal offense rather than just a traffic infraction.

But at the end of the day, does it make sense to boycott VA because their laws are different, or pay extra attention not to speed?

*We’ve gotten a lawyer. There are no other offenses involved. Hopefully VA will be satisfied with fines but there is no guarantee.
But it's an accident. Everyone makes mistakes.

Realistically, I'm guessing they'll knock it down to 10-15 over.

Or.... Maybe they'd go to prison for 12 years, whilst whining about their victimhood to anyone who would listen. I don't know about you, but they could count me out of a protest that has the potential to land me in prison for 12 years. There's also the possibility that they could decide 12 years obviously isn't enough of a deterrent, so they raise it to 20.

Not only 12 years in prison, one of the U.S. prisoners said in an interview, it's an OUTDOOR prison, exposed to ALL the elements, rain, sun. The mosquitos biting all night, EVERY night, 🦟🦟🦟 is the worst part. And he said they don't give you anything to do. You just sit there all the time and try not to go crazy.

I would think triple checking one's bags for ammo would be a lot easier that that. :rolleyes:

I don't remember seeing it anywhere other than here. The world is bigger than what you see and "people talking about it".

And your 49ers QB analogy is ridiculous. People get complacent or make innocent mistakes every day that lead to terrible consequences. Half the world is below median intelligence. Humans make honest mistakes. There should be some consideration for that in any civilized society.

You do know you are pretty much admitting you are losing this debate if you getting to not everyone knows about the law and that half the world is below median intelligence.

In the U.S. "Ignorance to the law is no excuse." is a saying we have here, and probably in T&C and most places in the world.

Also, also in the U.S, laws are made with the expectation that people have a reasonable intelligence. That's actually Googleable. I Googled it once for another DIS debate. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter