Autounion Car Rental?

aerxo17

Mouseketeer
I would love to hear reviews for car rental companies like Autounion Car Rental and others, where you have to take a shuttle from the Airport to their rental location. Thoughts? TIA!

I never rent from a company at MCO that is off airport property,it's not worth the hassle. Some are rather sketchy and it's not worth the seemingly upfront savings. A lot of the time you end up paying more. Especially from a company no one has really ever heard of. YMMV.

I've used them in the past. I won't anymore. When everything goes right, it's fine. If anything goes wrong, it's a nightmare. Once you figure out how much extra time it takes, I haven't found it to be worthwhile. I can book with 6 of the 10 companies on site at MCO and be from baggage claim to the expressway in 15 minutes. I've spent longer than that waiting for the shuttle to take me to the car before with off site.

We only shuttled once for a car rental.
That was enough for us!
Everyone got off the shuttle together and we stood in line over an hour.
We now use Enterprise and check-in at the kiosk, take our printout to the garage.
Much nicer start to our vacation!

My time is worth something when on vacation. Rental cars are commodities and the only way these no name places charge less is by cutting corners somewhere. I would expect they have less staff, little/no 'customer service' people, longer lines, off site rental locations, run-down/poorly maintained vehicles and may not operate 24 hrs. Then they try to strong arm you in paying extra for things like 'insurance' you don't need. I will stick with known/established rental companies who have locations at the airport.

Thank you everyone!! This has put things into perspective. My friends and I are ages 25-27 and this will be most of our first time renting a car, let alone first time renting a car in Orlando. I HAVE, however, seen the lines in front of Dollar & Thrifty, compared to say, Hertz and Enterprise, at MCO. I think this has narrowed some things down for us. :) Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter