Zero entry pools??

jpolak

DIS Veteran
Do all of the DVC resorts have a zero entry pool? My ds and dd's will be 4, 2, and 8 on our next trip. Zero entry will make our pool time much easier and more enjoyable for everyone.

Not all of them do. The ones that I know for sure do are:

AKV (both Jambo and Kidani)
BLT
BCV
OKW and SSR I think do.... hopefully someone who knows for sure will come along.

BWV and VWL definitely don't.

At BCV (mentioned above) the zero entry pool is Stormalong Bay, and there its true only for the kiddie portion. The quiet pool at the villa is not zero entry.

At BCV (mentioned above) the zero entry pool is Stormalong Bay, and there its true only for the kiddie portion. The quiet pool at the villa is not zero entry.

Yes, should have clarified that I was referring to SAB.

Nice day today, huh? :goodvibes

OKW has steps to enter the pool.

Thanks for confirming. I wasn't sure if the pool was made zero entry with the lastest refurb.

SSR has zero-entry pools at both the main pool, High Rocks Spring, and the new Paddock pool.

If you follow the link in my signature to the disABILITIES FAQs thread, page 2 has a post with a list of all the WDW resorts that have zero entry pools (with pictures).
I was disappointed that OKW did not add zero entry when they renovated, but it does take more space and the new slide took a lot of space already.

And at BCV Stormalong Bay, do I remember correctly that the only zero entry area is in the same place as the sandy bottom? If so, I always think of how difficult it might be for someone in a wheelchair to push across the sand. I hope there's a zero entry area that doesn't have the sandy bottom for that reason.

And at BCV Stormalong Bay, do I remember correctly that the only zero entry area is in the same place as the sandy bottom? If so, I always think of how difficult it might be for someone in a wheelchair to push across the sand. I hope there's a zero entry area that doesn't have the sandy bottom for that reason.

Yea I don't think it w chair friendly, there is an edge on the kids sand pool. Zero entry pools are great for kids but they still can get in over their heads-so you end up constantly yelling at them to come back-at SAB its all shallow and more relaxing IMO.

SP2008038-1.jpg

Yea I don't think it w chair friendly, there is an edge on the kids sand pool. Zero entry pools are great for kids but they still can get in over their heads-so you end up constantly yelling at them to come back-at SAB its all shallow and more relaxing IMO.

SP2008038-1.jpg

It's not wheelchair friendly and the zero entry part leads only to the kid's sand pool as posted above.
The rest of the pool has a bump step transfer tier for guests with wheelchairs. Those have a series of steps that start at wheelchair seat height. The person transfers to the first step from their wheelchair then bumps own on their butt step by tep into the water. It works well for some people, but is totally useless for my DD since she is too spastic (stiff) to do it.

Pools were also adding removable lifts for guests who need one. OKW has one at the main pool. They only get it up when requested and when it's not in use the only sign of it is a small pipe receiver hole along the pool deck.

Not a WDW resort, but for what it is worth VB has a nice water play area with just one way in and out.

IMG_0183.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter