Your opinion of best location to stay in okw

PinMan

Mouseketeer
Where and why do you like this location ? I’m planning a trip in mid October 2018 and would like a 3 bedroom villa, 3 couples and 2 children , 4&5 years old that love the pool,no car .

A grand villa by the HH, which will be building 25. HH buildings are 11-14 and 23-26 and there are only grand villas in building 25. That is what we have booked for May. You are across from the main pool and there is a bus stop right by your building. We have been in a GV in building 15 and it is pretty good but we had a car. It is not far from main pool and restaurants, etc.

It depends on how you are booking. If at eleven months out with DVC points, you might want the one in the Near HH area (bldg. 25). If on cash, you won't be able to book that one. If you book at seven months out, it won't be available when you can book. Remember that most of the GV start on the second floor. One of the two bedrooms upstairs only has two double beds and is smaller than the other one which has two queen beds.

A grand villa by the HH, which will be building 25. HH buildings are 11-14 and 23-26 and there are only grand villas in building 25. That is what we have booked for May. You are across from the main pool and there is a bus stop right by your building. We have been in a GV in building 15 and it is pretty good but we had a car. It is not far from main pool and restaurants, etc.

Actually, there are only 2 GVs in building 25, I've stayed in both and it is highly unlikely to get one at 7 months. I like the Miller Road area otherwise. One of the grand villas in building 19 over looks the quiet pool...

Checking the RAT you probably won't get a full week in any GV at OKW for mid-October. There are already gaps in availability.

I remember once we stayed in building 15 and loved it for close to the pool, but far enough to be quiet. Great views of the golf course! We weren't in a 3 BR, but I'm pretty sure there was one in that building. Our only complaint, and the fact that you won't have a car is good, is that it had less parking availability than most villas.

I remember once we stayed in building 15 and loved it for close to the pool, but far enough to be quiet. Great views of the golf course! We weren't in a 3 BR, but I'm pretty sure there was one in that building. Our only complaint, and the fact that you won't have a car is good, is that it had less parking availability than most villas.
We stayed in one of the GVs in Bldg 15 and had a view of the golf course. The problem with parking there is that a lot of the CMs park illegally there. Plus Bldg 64 doesn't have a parking lot, so guests park in the Bldg 15 parking lot or in Bldg 63 parking lot which is much bigger and more space.

Whatever type of rooms you decide on you definitely want to be near the HH if possible.

Whatever type of rooms you decide on you definitely want to be near the HH if possible.
That's not really necessary. You get get to the Hospitality House by hopping any bus since they all stop there. Or you can hop the Internal bus that stops their first and last. You can walk over to the Peninsular Road bus stop and catch any bus back to your area. But it's not a long walk from anywhere at OKW to the HH. Parking is harder if you are closer to the HH. And if noise from the afternoon parties bother you, you want to be far away from the HH. It's really loud. It won't be as loud at any of the other pools.

That's not really necessary. You get get to the Hospitality House by hopping any bus since they all stop there. Or you can hop the Internal bus that stops their first and last. You can walk over to the Peninsular Road bus stop and catch any bus back to your area. But it's not a long walk from anywhere at OKW to the HH. Parking is harder if you are closer to the HH. And if noise from the afternoon parties bother you, you want to be far away from the HH. It's really loud. It won't be as loud at any of the other pools.

I understand where you are coming from and I am aware that the bus will make various stops around OKW but I prefer being close to the HH. I don't have a rental car so I don't have to worry about parking and I've also never been disturbed by any noise from any parties. I just like being near HH because of the restaurants, shopping, and convenience of being near the front desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter