Your favorite DVC resort & why

ddoconnell

Tink's biggest fan
As I am counting down to our F&W and Spring Break trips, I wanted to throw this out for comment: do you have a favorite DVC resort? And if so, why?

TIA

BCV, that is why we bought there. I would like to see it refurbished but you know what they say... Location location location.

BWV.....family loves this place. Location was the key factor, but since, the kids have grown to love the Boardwalk area itself with the nightly performers and other activities. Before we purchased we considered BCV but at that time there was a waitlist to get in through Disney and we also read that even though SAB is an awesome pool that watching all the little ones can be a challenge. That being said the kids have no problem with the Clown pool at BWV......

Hard one!

We love the room size and atmosphere of OKW

We love the BWV and BCV for their close proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. BWV has...well...the Boardwalk and BCV has an awesome pool.

Overall we probably like BWV the best...

We have two favorite resorts. And with all those built since and in between, they are still our favorites:

BWV - looked at the end of 1999 and closed in the beginning of 2000. Of course it was the only one available as BC wasn't offered yet and we didn't want OKW. (I don't remember if it was sold out as we weren't interested in it - not that we don't love OKW too :)

Reasons:
Location, location and location being in between two parks is awesome!
Pool slide which we loved more as the kids got bigger ;)
LOVE JELLYROLLS!
ESPN - DH & DS are sports fans
Easy enjoyable dining options
Strolling entertainment each night
Love the light airy feel of the rooms
Love the size of whirlpool tub in the one bedrooms and up
Etc, Etc, Etc

Animal Kingdom Villa's

Reasons:
The animals!
The atmosphere
The gorgeous rooms
The close proximity to AKP
Sanaa/Jiko/Boma
And most definitely, the lobby store in the lodge. To me, best store on property....but that's just me....

While it's got it's downside, being so far from everything, that's also something I find appealing sometimes. Such as when I go with the girls or on a solo trip. The peace and quite and distant from all the rest is very relaxing.
I wish they had an on-site spa....now that would be a huge plus!

BWV for all the reasons already stated, plus you simply cannot beat the value of the standard view units. Of course, you need to own at BWV (as we do) because SV units are usually gone by the 7-month window.

We've now stayed at all the Disney DVC's except BLT and VGF (doing that one in Feb!).

1st place: BWV
We love being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, love the clown pool and Keister Coaster, love the community hall, the décor of the resort, and just the whole Boardwalk feel and the nightly entertainment!

2nd place: VWL
Really loved our stay there, reminded us of our trip out to Yellowstone last year. Also loved being able to take a boat to Magic Kingdom, seeing the Electric Water Parade, just the whole feel of the resort! I loved the VWL pool as well--with the bubbling jets inside it--it wasn't just a plain old pool.

3rd place: AKV--Kidani.
Love the animals, community hall, water play area, cultural activities, and the room service menu from Sanaa. I did not really enjoy my Jambo visit this August though--I much preferred Kidani...guess it felt too busy for me.

We have something great about all the DVCs
AKV - Great views and different food.
OKW - My 2nd home, most room.
BCV - Walk to EPCOT/MGM.
SSR - Walking to DTD.
BLT - Monorail.
BWV - Like decor and ditto BCV.
VWL - Woodlands feel, walk to FWC.
VB - Different feel than WDW resorts.
HH - Area history and golf courses.

AKV-KV being both a DVC and florida resident we try to go at least 2 times a year. We love the remoteness of the villas and how there is only 1 bus stop before the parks and that we are the first bus stop. We love the pool area it would be nice if it had been bigger but iq is so nice and so many shady areas. At night it is nice too. The animals are an added bonus the resort is new and a great place to stay with parking down below. They have great places to eat Sanna, Boma, Jiko and even the Mara.

VB- we love VB as a precruise place to stay. 2 nights is enough we just love the large pool, th mini golf and the places to eat and is very easy to get to PC.

HH we love in HH we can bring family and not haveqto worry about the cost of the parks. Some people just can't afford that cost but HH allows us as a family to stay and enjoy family time and not running to the next park. Plenty to do from Biking, dolphins, haunted tours. Can't wait till next summer!

OKW, the reason I bought into DVC! Lush landscaping and beautiful grounds, love the tropical feel of the resort. I enjoy spending time at the pool, having a Turtle Crawl from the the Guirgling Suitcase! And Olivia's is a favorite arrival day lunch or dinner! The boat rentals and OKW's proximaty to DTD only complete the package! Plus parking in front of your villa, love it!

People say it lacks Disney charm but I disagree!

Favorite location is BWV for the location and the cheap point cost for standard view rooms.

OKW, the reason I bought into DVC! Lush landscaping and beautiful grounds, love the tropical feel of the resort. I enjoy spending time at the pool, having a Turtle Crawl from the the Guirgling Suitcase! And Olivia's is a favorite arrival day lunch or dinner! The boat rentals and OKW's proximaty to DTD only complete the package! Plus parking in front of your villa, love it!

People say it lacks Disney charm but I disagree!

i don't want "disney charm" - we prefer the real charm & elegance of DVC resorts (including OKW) :thumbsup2 - every single DVC is charming in its own way.

personally, our fave is BWV (duh;))...love the quiet spots, community hall, amazing views (watching illuminations from our balcony:cloud9:), strolls to/fro EPCOT & DHS, having so many active (and inactive) options :)
at home on long island, we are near beaches (love our town beaches), shopping, tons of restaurants & entertainment, less than an hour to NYC with b'way (& off-b'way) shows, amazing museums, sights & shopping like nowhere else.
we want it all, and that's what the BWVs gives us :)

My favorite is the WL for the stunning beauty of the resort, the boat to MK, and the happiness I feel when I'm there.:cloud9:

Favorite, probably AKV overall, just so well themed. But as a practical matter, we enjoy different resorts for different trips. BCV for its location (short walks back to the resort after CP and Illuminations and Osborne lights) and it's holiday ambiance. BLT for our anniversary (we honeymooned at the Contemporary) and it's proximity to MK. Vero Beach when we want a relaxing beach getaway.

This is a toughie. We love them all for one reason or another. But if I have to pick my absolute favorite it has to be - Aulani! Just got back from a two week trip to Hawaii which included a week at Aulani. The resort is so stunningly beautiful, the staff so unbelievably accommodating and hospitable and you're in Hawaii!

IF I have to relegate my choice to an on site resort I have to pick Kidani. Loved the room - it felt huge! And we got a surprise standard view that was really a savannah view. The resort is a little off the beaten path but I love that too!

OKW used to be my favorite but that's more for practical reasons. HUGE rooms and a value at the points cost.

Thanks for all of the great responses!! We have a hard time picking a favorite! It depends on when we go, who is going with us and how long we're staying. Do we need room, convenience or really great amenities? We really love them all for different reasons....keep the faves coming!!

VWL by miles!! Our first and still favorite home resort! Love the woods, the cozy, intimate atmosphere, and being close to the gorgeous lobby of the Wilderness Lodge. Love the music in the lobbies and on the pathways. We love taking the boats to MK and to dinner at the other resorts. Love the little touches, like the Electrical Water Pageant, the Lodge tour, the hidden mickeys. Love dinner at Artist Point and a nightcap in the Territory Lounge.

Will stop now before I get too homesick!

We Have stayed in all of the DVCresorts except SSR. Really enjoyed our stay at each one. My favorite was probably BWV because we love the convenience of walking to two parks and really enjoyed the boardwalk view from our balcony. The only one that we didn't enjoy as much was AKV. Our room was at the end of one of the hallways. So after a day walking in the parks, it was exhausting just getting back to our room. That being said, AKV is beautiful and we loved Boma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter