You have to hear my dream....

New England Eeyore

DIS Veteran
I actually had this two nights ago but my computer was acting up yesterday and didn't want to cooperate with me to post.

I'll preface this by saying I've been having some trouble sleeping lately and my whole sleeping vibe has been off all week. On Wednesday afternoon/evening I was working on some swaps in my scrap room and watching a Top Chef marathon on TV. When I went to bed that night I had a dream that I was on a scrapbooking reality show and the quality of my items were being judged! :scared1: The head judge from Top Chef, Tom Colliccio (sp?) was a really harsh critic and said things like "Well, if I were you I wouldn't have used this patterned paper - it doesn't seem to fit right with the theme," and "This piece is really underembellished." Then I got eliminated from the competition and Padma told me "Please pack your scissors and go." It was the strangest and funniest thing ever!!!:lmao:

So what do you think - have I overdosed on scrapping or on reality tv?

At least it wasn't American Idol for Scrapping, with Simon criticizing, Paula swooning, and Randy saying, "Yo, dawg, you really rocked it out on that page!!" Paula could say, "I have tears in my eyes. That tag really touched my heart!" :rotfl:

Better than not sleeping because you're buzzing with scrapping ideas :blush: :rolleyes1

I've ordered my Xyron PCS now so hopefully I should sleep tonight!:rotfl:

I dreamt I bought a house over the internet and when the estate agent details arrived it looked horrible!

First let me say I love Top Chef!

That dream is just too funny! "Please pack your scissors and go" :lmao:

That was funny! Of course you know we would jump all over him and defend your craftiness right?! Don't mess with my girl now!

Thanks for having my back, Buffy!

SIOH - Your American Idol judges comments are dead on! That's such a Paula comment.

Mazda - I have done that too many times - lied awake thinking of scrapping ideas, which is why it's very dangerous to scrap too close to bedtime.

Deb - I'm so hooked on Top Chef! I was so psyched to catch the marathon because I had missed a couple episodes. I'm bummed Sam is out - I hate Ilan for how mean-spirited he has been to Marcel, who is annoying but doesn't deserve all the venom. I think Marcel's cooking is too offbeat to deserve to win, so I'll be disappointed with either winner.

I think my problem was I hadn't scrapped, but had been looking at the Xyron PCS A LOT and my CTMH catalogue had arrived

I've done 2 pages today so I should be calmer:lmao:

Deb - I'm so hooked on Top Chef! I was so psyched to catch the marathon because I had missed a couple episodes. I'm bummed Sam is out - I hate Ilan for how mean-spirited he has been to Marcel, who is annoying but doesn't deserve all the venom. I think Marcel's cooking is too offbeat to deserve to win, so I'll be disappointed with either winner.

I thought Sam should be the winner too. I was glad he won the $10,000 though. I think Marcel is a good chef, and they are looking for the unusual, but the foam thing...PLA-EEZE! Enough already...

Ilan is just a line cook in a Spanish restaurant...nothing innovative, just a cook, so I'm thinking Marcel is going to win because he does "top chef" dishes. Honestly, I wouldn't want to work for or with either of them...My favorite was Sam, and I could work with him. I thought he was easy to get along with. I also liked Betty. They just had so much of the 'let's get Marcel" on the season, it was just strange...and they all have been back stabbers.

I love your dream. My DH said it sounded like something I would have. :lmao:

I personally dislike Marcel. Who wants chemicals in their food?? But if you notice all the guest chef judges were a little, shall we say, strange? So Marcel will fit right in with them. I'm not fond of Ilan. I really liked Sam and his ideas for dishes to make. But I'm not a judge. Just addicted to watching this show.

That is the funniest dream! I love the "Please pack your scissors and go." I'm dying laughing over here. :rotfl2:

Speaking of Top Chef, Who the H@## decided that Sam, the hottie chef, should be eliminated? Are they crazy!?! Who lets the only guy who is actually a good cook and did I mention good looking, go? Idiots, I say. I feel like boycotting, but I won't on the offchance Sam might some back to help out. :rolleyes1 :teeth:

That is the funniest dream! I love the "Please pack your scissors and go." I'm dying laughing over here. :rotfl2:

Speaking of Top Chef, Who the H@## decided that Sam, the hottie chef, should be eliminated? Are they crazy!?! Who lets the only guy who is actually a good cook and did I mention good looking, go? Idiots, I say. I feel like boycotting, but I won't on the offchance Sam might some back to help out. :rolleyes1 :teeth:

Sam was a cutie. I tell myself that I liked him because of his cooking but the fact that he was easy on the eyes certainly didn't hurt. ;)

I'm not familiar with the show Top Chef but I'd like to see a scrapbooking show done like the Iron Chef, lol.

Today, your main embellishment will be Buttons! You each have one hour to complete as many layouts as you can. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter