You Ain't Right Club, "YARC" Roster

Merciful Queen Honibee, I have been away too long! :worship: :worship: :worship: Upon my return, I have stumbled across this thread while wandering through the woods and now that I have picked myself up off the floor and finally managed to stop laughing I have come to formally apply for membership!

Does the insanity of thinking I might someday manage to get myself into good enough shape that I might be able to actually run on my aging, arthritic knees - or at least walk fast enough to stay ahead of the sweepers qualify me for membership? Or that as someone who has always preferred to swim rather than run should decide at my age that running would be a good idea get me into this club? Or maybe that when we decided to move from CT to FL we picked where we lived by drawing a small circle around WDW and only looking at places within that magic circle? Or maybe that my best excuse to get us to WDW is "Honey, I forgot to take something out of the freezer for dinner. CAn we go to Epcot? of MK, of AK, or MGM, or the Boardwalk, or DTD?"

DH and I are planning on being part of the ToT event, so I'd better look around some more to see what I can find about meets that weekend. I would not want to miss such an esteemed gathering!

I really want to join this club. If I am allowed to join, I wonder if maybe I could be some sort of mermaid or water princess? I vow to allocate significant honors to our Queen should I be allowed to join!
:flower1: :flower2: :butterfly :flower2: :daisy:

Merciful Queen Honibee, I have been away too long! :worship: :worship: :worship: Upon my return, I have stumbled across this thread while wandering through the woods and now that I have picked myself up off the floor and finally managed to stop laughing I have come to formally apply for membership!

Does the insanity of thinking I might someday manage to get myself into good enough shape that I might be able to actually run on my aging, arthritic knees - or at least walk fast enough to stay ahead of the sweepers qualify me for membership? Or that as someone who has always preferred to swim rather than run should decide at my age that running would be a good idea get me into this club? Or maybe that when we decided to move from CT to FL we picked where we lived by drawing a small circle around WDW and only looking at places within that magic circle? Or maybe that my best excuse to get us to WDW is "Honey, I forgot to take something out of the freezer for dinner. CAn we go to Epcot? of MK, of AK, or MGM, or the Boardwalk, or DTD?"

DH and I are planning on being part of the ToT event, so I'd better look around some more to see what I can find about meets that weekend. I would not want to miss such an esteemed gathering!

I really want to join this club. If I am allowed to join, I wonder if maybe I could be some sort of mermaid or water princess? I vow to allocate significant honors to our Queen should I be allowed to join!
:flower1: :flower2: :butterfly :flower2: :daisy:

Nancy, Darlin, of course you are "YARC" material. However there are some rules. Age is only a number and athletes like us don't age the same as "Normal" people. We is special. We are changing the concept of age. We live life to the fullest. Sounds like your love of roller coasters and walking keeps your head right on that anyway.

By the power infested in me by HoneiBee:snooty: Beautiful and Mischevious Queen of the court of "YARC" I bestow upon you the title of:

Nancy, Pretty Princess of Speed and Sweetness. Now bow to the Queen and tell your DH that you will be recieving your presents at 5 pm today so he best be going out to collect them.

We will see you at the Tot, CONGRADULATIONS Princess.

Dave:hippie: May the "YARC" be with you

Age is only a number and athletes like us don't age the same as "Normal" people. We is special. We are changing the concept of age.

*Nancy* As much as I hate to say it, I agree with Dave. You're only as old as you feel. Unfortunately for me, from a physical stand point I don't know why I haven't been getting my Social Security checks for the past 4-5 years (even though I'm only 44). Mentally, however, my wife still refers to me as her 5th child that she needs to contantly watch. I'm hoping that over the next 8 months to a year my body at least catches up to my age and thereafter get close(r) to my mental age.

*Nancy* As much as I hate to say it, I agree with Dave. You're only as old as you feel. Unfortunately for me, from a physical stand point I don't know why I haven't been getting my Social Security checks for the past 4-5 years (even though I'm only 44). Mentally, however, my wife still refers to me as her 5th child that she needs to contantly watch. I'm hoping that over the next 8 months to a year my body at least catches up to my age and thereafter get close(r) to my mental age.

OMG, Bill don't you know that agreeing with me on anything is the first step on the highway to high adventure. You may never be the same again. From the story of the Hobbit, "Taking up your sword and following a wizard off on an adventure, will make you very late for dinner".

I have been considering a walking trip across a state on one of those rails to trails paths. A flat state would be best and finding a few friends as crazy as I am and I'm all set. Maybe next year?

Dave:hippie: May the "YARC" be with you

Nancy, Pretty Princess of Speed and Sweetness. Now bow to the Queen and tell your DH that you will be recieving your presents at 5 pm today so he best be going out to collect them.

UMMM, Dave, I think the presents will be going in the opposite direction in our house today! It's DH's 62nd! :bday: We are currently counting down to his first SS check which will arrive in Aug! :banana: Of course, he does have a few years on me! Of course, when he retired 4 years ago, I had to stop working too even though I am too young even for early retirement because he needed adult supervision!

As for age, in my mind, I am about19. Unfortunately, my body seems to think I am about 91! I ignore my body's complaints as much as possible, but lately if I push it too hard it screams way too loudly to be ignored!

I do want to thank you and our Queen for bestowing such a wonderful title on me! I am most honored to be a member of the court of YARC!

UMMM, Dave, I think the presents will be going in the opposite direction in our house today! It's DH's 62nd! :bday: We are currently counting down to his first SS check which will arrive in Aug! :banana: Of course, he does have a few years on me! Of course, when he retired 4 years ago, I had to stop working too even though I am too young even for early retirement because he needed adult supervision!

As for age, in my mind, I am about19. Unfortunately, my body seems to think I am about 91! I ignore my body's complaints as much as possible, but lately if I push it too hard it screams way too loudly to be ignored!

I do want to thank you and our Queen for bestowing such a wonderful title on me! I am most honored to be a member of the court of YARC!

Nancy, you and Barry, Grand Wizard of the Court of "YARC", will be good additions to the club. Tell him HappyBirthDay for us. Now bow to the Queen, HoneiBee the Magnificant:snooty:

Dave:hippie: "YARC"

Cindy has joined us and was enlisted over on another thread. Her title is:

Cindy, Pretty Princess of nature's wild beauty.

Dave:hippie: "May the YARC be with you" Cindy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter