You Ain't Right Club, "YARC" Post of the Week

windwalker

I need an Adventure
The Disney Marathon weekend is about five months away. There has been a lot of sword rattling on what we are going to do. Now is the time to get our head around our goal to make it happen. Just signing up don't make it happen, we have to want it and need it.

http://www.bluewolfspirit.com/blog/inspiration.jpg

Step up and declare your goal for the 2008 Disney Challange. And remember success is not achieved by the contented.

Dave and Erica, First Goofy, BRING IT ON!!!

Going Goofy again in 2008. Want of "officially" finish both races this year (preferably without getting those doggone blisters!) :)

Terri

2008- Half marathon in 3:29:59 OR BETTER. Finally getting some consistant walking in and slowly increasing distance so as not to shock "new" hips and back. Need to also slowly work on quickening pace.

2009-Goofy (I'm not a YARC member for nothin'. Dream big--right?)

2008- Half marathon in 3:29:59 OR BETTER. Finally getting some consistant walking in and slowly increasing distance so as not to shock "new" hips and back. Need to also slowly work on quickening pace.

2009-Goofy (I'm not a YARC member for nothin'. Dream big--right?)

As John (The Penguin) Bingham says, "A 39 min 59 sec 5K is much faster than a 40 min 5K".

Dave:hippie:

I'm right there with you! This is my first 1/2 marathon, and my absolute ultimate goal is to finish, and if that means 3:29:59 I'll be ecstatic! Working on increasing distance, working on increasing speed, and it's going to take all of the next 4-1/2 months to make it happen but dang, I'm going to do it!!

Training for me starts on Monday! 20 weeks until GOOFY!

Still navigating having the hubby home (he works from home now!:cool1: ), feeding my big baby (he's a BIG boy!), homeschooling and household tasks.

Goals: Walk the half in regulation, run/walk the full for my first "official" finish! (1 finish for the full under my belt....victim of being 45 seconds too late for the certificate. DON'T RUN WITH A STOMACH BUG!!!!!!! bad bad bad bad...did i mention it is bad?)

Even though I haven't kept up with working out--I am excited to be starting stronger than ever as this is my first season starting without knee trouble since knee surgery almost 2 years ago.:banana:

My goal for the Half next year is to better my time from this year. :thumbsup2

The Mickey......my first full marathon......I just want to finish within regulation time and still be standing on my own 2 feet.....and have Nancy by my side. (Afterall, I was the one who got her into this mess!)

The Mickey......my first full marathon......I just want to finish within regulation time and still be standing on my own 2 feet.....and have Nancy by my side. (Afterall, I was the one who got her into this mess!)

Jeanne, that is so cool. I wish for the same but with my lady Erica and I finishing together our hands raised in victory and boundless joy.:love:

Dave:hippie:

Linda and I hope to finish Goofy #3 for me(#2 for her). This years marathon was way too close with Linda's PF issue(52 seconds from being unoffical). Hope to be closer to my 06 marathon times:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter