Yes, more Aulani Qs from a newbie...

DisneyFirstTimer10

DIS Veteran
So I was thinking- while flights from where we live to HI can be pricey- I realized, wait a minute- I don't have to buy park tickets- so the price difference may even out right?

Besides food and flights, what are other costs associated with going to Aulani?

Are any excursions included?

Do they still have Disney themed activities throughout the day for the kids?

Do I need a rental car while there?

Best times to visit? (would have to book at 7 months)

So I was thinking- while flights from where we live to HI can be pricey- I realized, wait a minute- I don't have to buy park tickets- so the price difference may even out right?

Besides food and flights, what are other costs associated with going to Aulani?

Are any excursions included?

Do they still have Disney themed activities throughout the day for the kids?

Do I need a rental car while there?

Aulani is great, but you do have the additional costs you pointed out. First of all, you do need a car to do anything other than the immediate area. The location is near 3 other resorts, but you will be paying Disney food prices unless you want to walk to the small strip mall by the resort that has pizza and other cheaper food options.

As for excursions, you will pay for most. There is a small Luau but food is not included. They do have kid activities but some cost depending upon the type of event. My daughter took a ukelele class for free but you need to sign up early.

As for the best time to visit, I would more suggest avoiding the times not to visit. Hawaii jokes that they can't tell summer from winter and they are correct. Unfortunately that makes Xmas and other cold holidays really packed. I did go over the 4th of July holiday and I was able to snag a studio by logging in just as the 7 month window opened. September is very light along with any other traditional school times, so if you can swing it, avoid the standard school holidays.

Besides food and flights, what are other costs associated with going to Aulani? You have to pay for your room and transportation to and from the resort (rental car, shuttle or taxi), souvenirs (if any), spa visits, rentals of kayaks and paddleboards, etc.

Are any excursions included? No. All off site excursions have a fee. They are on the Aulani website.

Do they still have Disney themed activities throughout the day for the kids? Yes, but you have to sign up early for most.

Do I need a rental car while there? I didn't use one while I was there. We used Speedi Shuttle to and from the airport. Did excursions through Aulani, and rented a car one day to drive around the island from the Aulani Alamo desk.

September/October probably...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter