YEAR TWO - Doing it all again - Mother Daughter Cruise on the WONDER

Hi Kelly,

I loved your report last year and reading year two is bringning back my own memories of reading your report while anticipating our very first Disney Cruise. Reading your new report is getting me geared up for our second cruise in two weeks. :cool1: Keep it coming!popcorn::

I know....I should be fired from writing my TR. I've thought I could get to it everyday this week, but I have been sick all week long so once I get home, I've been going to bed. Now we have to go out of town this weekend (just what I want to do now:rolleyes: ) for a family reunion this weekend.

Unless something terrible happens I will hopefully be back to normal and get back to it MOnday or Monday evening. I am so sorry!

Hope you all had a good week and have a GREAT weekend!!!:goodvibes

:) Kelly

I think that is so nice that it is just the two of you.......what fun it must be ! I have one question for you - I noticed you said you left your luggage outside the night before while staying at the hyatt. Do they handle the luggage from there to the ship? We were thinking about staying there next September and I was just wondering how that goes...........

Thanks and I can't wait to hear more !

I'm so sorry I haven't been on this week since I was sick. Yes! We actually left the luggage out that morning (prior to 9am) and they come and pick them up and the next time you see them, they are in your stateroom. IF You need addtional tags you can get them on Level One Side B at the Disney Transfer station no problem. THis is the 2nd year we did so. We just left all the bags and kept one that I knew I wanted for a bit that morning but would not need on the ship so we take it on the bus, then once we get off the bus hand it to the gentleman at the baggage and they take it from there to your room. :cool1: Perfect, easy, no problems. I will say they were a bit.....ummm...rough on the luggage this year with 2 pieces being dented, and 3 out of 4 luggage tags (my own, not DCL) which were the buckle type were missing when the bags arrived. All in all it is GREAT process and just one more step that elinate the stress. I HIGHLY recommend the Hyatt - they are fantastic!

teach22180 Hi!! It is hard to believe that was over a year ago now isn't it! Time passes so quickly sometimes it seems. I TOTALLY understand your comment about how somethings weren't as special or cool and that each new trip brings it's own form of magic with it. We noticed LOTS of differences in the cruise this year and I promise to tell about all of them in my TR that I'll be back to work on Monday. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and another cruise. :goodvibes

Caitsmama I remember when we talked last year. You are going to have a magical experience with your DD that you will never forget. IMHO, this is the BEST vacation to do alone with your kids as it is so low stress for everyone and you can still have your time apart with the clubs if needed. It's also great because how often do you get to be the "good guy" and say yes to so much....room service, extra desserts, and all the goodies that come with the cruise itself.

You are going to have an amazing trip and I can't wait to hear all about it when you return!!:yay: Thank you SO much for your sweet words. Maddie truly is the light in my life. I am very proud of her. I'm sure you know that feeling well. :cutie:

:) Kelly

Kelly,
take your time, and get better... And have a great family reunion and take lots of pics!! (We did that last year.. LOL) We will all be here patiently waiting for the next installment! :)

Kelly I hope you feel better soon. Warm Wishes from Florida coming your way. Can't wait to hear more. Look for my TR to start next Friday. =o)

Kelly, thanks for getting back to us. Yes, take your time and I hope you get better. Have a very nice weekend.:)

WOW! is all i can say about your tr! This is my first time reading cruise tr's, and i have tears streaming down my face (whenever you cried in your tr, I cried too... i'm a huge sap and my dh and 2 kids are always laughing at me). Everytime we go to disney, I cry during the trip at least a few times (pretty much every parade, fireworks show, anytime the kids get acknowledged by a character, etc, etc). My dd is 7 and ds is 6, so i can imagine myself w/ them through your tr. You're doing a great job writing it and i can't wait to read more! Your dd is just beautiful and so sweet! you're doing a wonderful job w/ her! i've never cruised before w/ the kids, and we're considering it, so i'm starting to read tr's, and yours is making me very excited!

Lovin your report, went back and read trip1 because I couldn't wait for your next installment. My Dh and I are taking my 8yr old DS on our first cruise in NOV for 3nite. I've waited 3 years to do this cruise - DH kept wanting to other vacations. Every day my son mentions the cruise, who will see, what will do, etc. Seeing through kids' eyes gives you a whole new perspective. Borrowing your "surprises"idea. His favorite character is Stich other than Mickey so not sure how I'll Work that in. Please post soon -your report makes the days till my trip go by faster.:wizard:
Ps feel better:sick: -no more sick Kelly allowed. you know the rules moms are not allowed to be sick ever:goodvibes

Loving your report. What an amazing trip so far and you haven't even left Florida yet. Can't wait for more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter