Year ago today...

Mathfailure

Mouseketeer
is when our daughter overdosed on her medication and almost died.

She is in a MUCH better frame of mind, is actually right now with her father at the Dr.s for her medication four month follow up. Her grades are in line with her abilities, and she is even trying to get a bit more social.

So why am I freaking out?

I have a full day ahead, and our office manager is in the hospital so added 'stuff', and all I want to do is sit in a chair and hyper ventilate. I am already behind my schedule and here I am...

To add to it all, my husband is going away for a conference in, wait for it, ORLANDO!! and I cannot go with him because of the children's schooling. Normally that would not even faze me but right now I am just feeling sorry for my self on top of feeling this free floating anxiety. Sucks really.

Just needed to unload somewhere safe, thanks.

Kathleen

is when our daughter overdosed on her medication and almost died.

She is in a MUCH better frame of mind, is actually right now with her father at the Dr.s for her medication four month follow up. Her grades are in line with her abilities, and she is even trying to get a bit more social.

So why am I freaking out?

I have a full day ahead, and our office manager is in the hospital so added 'stuff', and all I want to do is sit in a chair and hyper ventilate. I am already behind my schedule and here I am...

To add to it all, my husband is going away for a conference in, wait for it, ORLANDO!! and I cannot go with him because of the children's schooling. Normally that would not even faze me but right now I am just feeling sorry for my self on top of feeling this free floating anxiety. Sucks really.

Just needed to unload somewhere safe, thanks.

Kathleen

Kathleen, I SO remember that, was it a year? I'm sorry your day isn't going good. Orlando, and you couldn't go?? Yeah, that DOES suck. Hugs to you!

:flower3:

Hang in there... take it a day at a time and don't forget to take a little time for you each day to relax and appreciate all the great things going on as in the end your daughters recent successes are a good thing :hug: baby steps; as long as they are forward turn into great strides. :flower3:

So glad to hear your daughter is doing better!

We all have "those" days.......:hug:

BTW if it's any consolation, it's Africa hot in Orlando right now, and Cedar Point opens in 11 days! :thumbsup2

:grouphug: A super hug to you! As a mama I know there are days when I just want to stop and digest it all. That general feeling of mama unease just doesn't go away for me. So, in the middle of a full and sometimes annoying life, try to take even just a few moments away for yourself. Step outside with a cup of tea and just give yourself a minute.

:hug: Sometime life can be a bit overwhelming. Take a deep breath and think about all the good things ... your daughter is doing well (that's a big one!) and you and your husband have jobs. The stress will pass eventually.

Take a moment to acknowledge the present, realize that everyone is fine, that you are breathing, and to recognize your worries as merely thoughts which are causing you anxiety. You will get through today and tomorrow, and I hope that you have a magical day!

It's really good news that your daughter has recovered, isn't it! ::yes:: :hug:

It totally stinks that you can't go to Orlando. :(

I hope your day today has less anxiety than yesterday. ::yes::

Take care now and know that we are all here sending you good wishes for a calm and peaceful today! :goodvibes

Thank you all, I do feel calmer and now that this milestone has past I see that I am still affected by last year in little and large ways. Some inner work certainly needs to be done, or continued might a truer thought...I am so astonished at my daughter's will to get well, it is such a struggle and she keeps slugging along. Her future is open now to whatever she wants...and that is dawning on her. Colleges are sending materials, and her test scores are good on PSAT and the Ohio test, so she is encouraged.

Africa hot huh? That does not mix with my Irish blood:rotfl: I am eyeing Cedar Point for a two day trip with my kids. Biggest draw back is my motion sickness, but the two kids will do everything. My son goes to Kings Island this month with his band after they compete, it was the carrot to get the band to practice more. Smart teacher.

I got through work, and a little league game, and a transport to Zuma, and the boy scouts putt putt outing and rewarded myself by quilting! I really am low maintaince:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter