Yacht Club

Sparrow624

"I wash my hands of this weirdness"
How long until YACHT Club gets DVC? IT Is The Only Deluxe without it correct?

I wouldn't be surprised if it got it- I just don't know where they would put the building. The convention center and driveway are right next to the Dolphin parking lot. Would there be enough room where the tennis court is? I don't know how narrow that strip between the Yacht Club and Dolphin is. Other than that they would have to convert a wing of the hotel rooms to do it. Plus if they built another separate building with more rooms that would put more pressure on Stormalong Bay, which is already crowded as it is. Yea I think the only way is if they convert a couple hundred of the hotel rooms.

I could see them easily converting hotel rooms or possibly building a stand alone smaller building like VGF has.

According to sources, hotel management at the Yacht would prefer to keep it all hotel rooms. It's one of the smaller Deluxe hotels at 600 rooms and is a big convention destination. Given a choice, managers would rather surrender capacity (hotel rooms) at the Beach Club rather than Yacht.

It's the sort of situation that will be revisited countless times in the coming years and it's impossible to predict who will ultimately "win." However, Poly and Wilderness Lodge will represent the next 5+ years of DVC sales at Walt Disney World.

I think the conventions at the YC take care of their business. And some of them take a lot of the parking lot, too. Maybe a DVC of Fantasia Gardens will be next.

So at what point is it over saturation of DVC at WDW?

When there aren't enough buyers left for the prices Disney feels it needs to charge in order to make DVC worthwhile.

Realistically as long as the human race keeps procreating, there will be buyers. Kids who are in high school now will start families and be candidates for DVC ownership in 10-15 years. Of course, some older owners will sell their points and others will pass-away, so Disney does have to concern itself with a certain balance. The 2042 ending dates suggest that Disney must primarily focus on the next 25 years...of which Poly and WL2 will occupy a sizable chunk.

Barring program-wide contract extensions, in 2042 the number of points in-the-wild will begin to shrink, lessening resale market pressure and increasing the pool of potential buyers.

The biggest threat to DVC is probably the overall state of the economy. Any major downturn which prompts a massive selloff AND reduced demand from prospects will really hurt the business. We saw some of this in 2008/09 when resale markets were flooded and Disney was forced to discount BLT upward of 30% to keep selling. Next time it will be worse.

. . . .

The biggest threat to DVC is probably the overall state of the economy. Any major downturn which prompts a massive selloff AND reduced demand from prospects will really hurt the business. We saw some of this in 2008/09 when resale markets were flooded and Disney was forced to discount BLT upward of 30% to keep selling. Next time it will be worse.

I hate to think of it being worse.

Hi! What is Yacht Club like at Christmas? We have this plan in December....Exit Epcot through International Gateway after 5:00 CP, head to boardwalk for some shopping, end up at Yacht Club for private Illuminations cruise at 10:30. First, is the plan even feasible?...are they close enough to walk around like this...or, are there boats to catch (timeframe to wait?)? Second, is it worth it to check out any of the resort decorations in the area (Yacht Club, Beach Club?)? Last, how do we get back to POR from Yacht Club? Thanks so much for your help!

Hi! What is Yacht Club like at Christmas? We have this plan in December....Exit Epcot through International Gateway after 5:00 CP, head to boardwalk for some shopping, end up at Yacht Club for private Illuminations cruise at 10:30. First, is the plan even feasible?...are they close enough to walk around like this...or, are there boats to catch (timeframe to wait?)? Second, is it worth it to check out any of the resort decorations in the area (Yacht Club, Beach Club?)? Last, how do we get back to POR from Yacht Club? Thanks so much for your help!
I don't know what time the CP will end, but BW, YC, BC and Swolphin are quite close together and easy to walk from one to the other. The walk out the IG of Epcot to BC is maybe 10 min.s. If you turn left the BW is about 10 min.s from the IG as well. The walk between BW and BC is maybe 10 minutes, add 5 minutes for BC to YC. For Christmas decorations the BC's carousel is not to be missed and the BW usually has a good display. The YC has a tree and a mini train - it's so so.
Getting back to POR after Illuminations from YC - best choice = taxi. If Epcot is open late walk back through to catch POR bus. If MK is still open bus to that park (or if DHS walk/boat) then grab POR bus at park. Or bus from YC to DTD then bus or boat to POR.

Last edited:
If management wins and they convert BC rooms, wouldn't it be the first DVC with 50% of the new villas having those tiny Julliette balconies?

I don't know what time the CP will end, but BW, YC, BC and Swolphin are quite close together and easy to walk from one to the other. The walk out the IG of Epcot to BC is maybe 10 min.s. If you turn left the BW is about 10 min.s from the IG as well. The walk between BW and BC is maybe 10 minutes, add 5 minutes for BC to YC. For Christmas decorations the BC's carousel is not to be missed and the BW usually has a good display. The YC has a tree and a mini train - it's so so.
Getting back to POR after Illuminations from YC - best choice = taxi. If Epcot is open late walk back through to catch POR bus. If MK is still open bus to that park (or if DHS walk/boat) then grab POR bus at park. Or bus from YC to DTD then bus or boat to POR.
Thanks! How would I arrange the taxi? Any idea on cost for 4 of us?

Taxis are right at the front of the resort, maybe $20 total, but ask. If busing I would take PP last suggestion to DTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter