Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs

DisDreaming4116

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to provide a short review of my 3 night stay at this hotel.

I know it's considered an official Disney World hotel but I've never stayed at a non-traditional Disney resort before and was nervous I'd feel out of the bubble. I only stayed here because I was in Orlando for work but wanted to be close to Disney transportation for evenings. I came away quite impressed.

Price was very good. $305 for 3 nights (includes the daily $25 resort fee)
5 minute walk to Disney Springs with the covered walkway over the busy road.
They offer a park shuttle but since I was only going to Magic Kingdom, I took the Disney Springs bus to Contemporary and walked to MK.
Prices for food and drink were a little crazy in the hotel. Spend a similiar amount and go to Disney Springs!
Lots of Uber/Lyft drivers in the area at all times of the day and night.
The Disney store in the hotel offered a decent variety of options but again, you're 5 minutes from the World of Disney store in Disney Springs.
Every employee I encountered in the hotel had Disney-level service and friendliness.

Garden room. I thought the room was clean and didn't look outdated nor grungy at all. I was very happy. I was there solo but would have felt fine with the size of the room with 2 adults, 2 kids. It did have a strange looking remote for the television but that's certainly nothing to be concerned with. I left money (for housekeeping) on the tv stand (nothing else was on the tv stand) and housekeeping didn't take it one day. There was a safe in the room as well.

Is this the one that's closest to Disney Springs?

It depends upon where your room is located in each hotel as to which is "closest" to Disney Springs. But, the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista complex and the Hilton Lake Buena Vista are the two hotels closest to the pedestrian overpass to Disney Springs. The Hilton Buena Vista Palace is only slightly further in my eyes.

Old Map (showing the Downtown Disney label instead of Disney Springs). The pedestrian bridge is located at the intersection of E Buena Vista Dr and Hotel Plaza Blvd.
disneysprings-hotels-labels.jpg

Thanks for the info! DH and I are booked there in for 7 days soon. I've been reading reviews and have gotten a bit nervous. We have always stayed in timeshares but wanted to stay near Disney Springs for dining, bus availability, etc. Just double checking - there is a fridge in room, right? And, do you feel that the beds are fairly comfortable? We're not super picky, but some of the reviews aren't great.....

Thanks for the info! DH and I are booked there in for 7 days soon. I've been reading reviews and have gotten a bit nervous. We have always stayed in timeshares but wanted to stay near Disney Springs for dining, bus availability, etc. Just double checking - there is a fridge in room, right? And, do you feel that the beds are fairly comfortable? We're not super picky, but some of the reviews aren't great.....
Enjoy your trip! I liked staying there. The grab-n-go shop there was VERY expensive though. Like $4.95 for little bags of crackers, chips, etc. so you are paying Disney prices. With Disney Springs just a short walk away, it was soo nice for restaurants, some entertainment on nights the parks close early, and bus transportation.
There was a mini fridge in the room and thought the bed was comfortable. I had two queen beds and felt the amount of space was adequate.

We stayed for a night in June and were very impressed with the accommodations. I was in the garden side as well. Clean room with a quiet space for a decent price. Can’t go wrong!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!