WWYD

SG131

DIS Veteran
New DVC resale member here. My points were just loaded and I have a few extra to spare. I have a previously booked split stay at the contemporary from 8/6-8/11 then pop from 8/11-8/15. So today I looked at availability for the second half of my stay. I can get SSR for all four nights, but also by some miracle there were also 3 consecutive nights of availability at CCV which I quickly grabbed!

So if I do CCV, i would have to do a 3rd split to my trip for just the night of 8/15 at pop, but I know CCV is so hard even at 7 months so it’s hard for me to pass it up. SSR is a little further out for the park heavy portion of my trip and also a bit spread out for me. Am I crazy to do 3 nights at CCV and then pop for my final night? Should I just simplify and go with SSR?

I am doing a 3 way split stay in October, Caribbean Beach, BLT then AKL. It is a hassle in some ways, but I have done plenty of trips and tours where I stayed in a different hotel room every night or every other night, so, it depends on what you want to get out of it. For our trip in October, I actually have enough rooms reserved already and overlapping to only do ONE change, butI am doing 2 changes (3-way split) because I want the people with me to see the different places.

I have done 3 DVC resort split stays too, but I was solo. I think a 3 resort split stay would work for my husband and I as well, although we usually just do 2 resorts.

I wound love to check out CCV. Can you also do a waitlist for the missing night?

Since you asked what I would do, I would stay at SSR. I don't like split stays, and especially if it means that we would be staying at any location less than 3 nights. Since yours is a relatively short trip to start with, I wouldn't like to do a split stay. But many others do them all the time and seem to enjoy them.

I will say that Disney makes it pretty easy with bell-to-bell services so you don't have to lug your bags around. But you won't have easy access to your belongings for several hours. Not my cup of tea, but if you are excited to stay at CCV then you might want to give it a whirl. In my opinion, it isn't "what would I do", it is only important as to what would you want to do.

I have done 3 DVC resort split stays too, but I was solo. I think a 3 resort split stay would work for my husband and I as well, although we usually just do 2 resorts.

I wound love to check out CCV. Can you also do a waitlist for the missing night?
I’m solo for this trip too, so it’s only my stuff to drag around. I did set up a waitlist, but being so close to the trip I’m not overly optimistic. I was so shocked to find this!

It is a hassle in some ways, but I have done plenty of trips and tours where I stayed in a different hotel room every night or every other night
True, I never thought of it like that.

I love CCV and knowing how hard it is to get studios there, I would do the split stay.

You can always stay at SSR. Who knows the next time CCV is available.
Well I was just able replace my last night at pop with a night at the grand instead so that made the decision easier! I don’t have much experience with booking but from what I read CCV felt like a unicorn that I might not see again, so that’s the only reason I considered the third split.

Lucky you! Staying at CCV is a good move, as a pp said, you can always stay at SSR.

Am I crazy to do 3 nights at CCV and then pop for my final night? Should I just simplify and go with SSR
I guess it depend on your traveling party -- if you have people who will be bothered by moving then go with SSR. Moving really isn't that bad, it just makes you homeless for the afternoon. You can be packed up and ready to go in the morning, get ready call bell services or just drop your bags off to them and you head off to the parks. You can arrive back at your resort in the afternoon or even late at night and you just have bell services deliver your bags or you pick them up.

If you really want to try CCV I would keep those days and do your 3 way split. Just enjoy trying out different resorts.

New DVC resale member here. My points were just loaded and I have a few extra to spare. I have a previously booked split stay at the contemporary from 8/6-8/11 then pop from 8/11-8/15. So today I looked at availability for the second half of my stay. I can get SSR for all four nights, but also by some miracle there were also 3 consecutive nights of availability at CCV which I quickly grabbed!

So if I do CCV, i would have to do a 3rd split to my trip for just the night of 8/15 at pop, but I know CCV is so hard even at 7 months so it’s hard for me to pass it up. SSR is a little further out for the park heavy portion of my trip and also a bit spread out for me. Am I crazy to do 3 nights at CCV and then pop for my final night? Should I just simplify and go with SSR?
Since I have never stayed at CCR that would appeal to me. However I have done split stats and personally don’t care for them. We have stayed at SSR a couple times because it’s all that was left for a last minute booking. We really like the preferred units, as they are close to the lobby, dining area, and pool. We also loved it that we could walk to Disney Springs from SSR, which is so amazing now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter