Wwyd?

Thanks to everyone who responded, I really appreciate the informative answers and to see everyones personal opinions and why. I think you've talked me into taking the 40D, and maybe packing the Rebel also. I might even throw in the Mamiya RB67 and maybe a couple of point and shoots. Oh must not forget the pinhole camera... LOL Just playing around. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I appreciate all your help.

Thank you
Sharon

12 people and a baby crying in the stroller? Do you think they will want to wait while you ponder f/stops and shutter speeds for the perfect picture?

Use a P/S while with the large group of people.

Come back later with the 40D when you have more time to concentrate of photography.

-Paul

12 people and a baby crying in the stroller? Do you think they will want to wait while you ponder f/stops and shutter speeds for the perfect picture?

Come back later with the 40D when you have more time to concentrate of photography.

-Paul

I didn't have a problem on the last trip. 5 adults 3 kids (5, 3 & 17 months). Just build some time in for yourself (and your significant other too). I would push the baby or the 3 year old around while they slept so I could take pics. I also got lots of great pics of the kids with my dSLR. Some of which I may not have gotten with a PnS (due to shutter lag or low light situations).

We all weren't together for every moment of the trip and you certainly don't have to "ponder f/stops and shutter speeds for the perfect picture" on every shot. Do that when you've got your alone time. The other times, use Program mode or set it to Aperture Priority and just take a picture. There is nothing wrong with using a dSLR as a PnS while your at Disney.

-Paul

I used my P/S last year for the most part just for that reason, all the people and such. I hated all of my photos. It was no where like having my DSLR. I would much rather lug my good camera around than have a years full of regret like I did from last summer. And there is no reason why you cant use a DSLR as a P/S when you use it in auto.

And there is no reason why you cant use a DSLR as a P/S when you use it in auto.

You can use a 12lb sledge hammer to pound carpet tacks, but it's the wrong tool for that job.

Use a high quality P/S camera for the quick snapshots.

Save the dSLR for when you *do* have time to ponder f/stop and shutter speeds to create great photographs.

-Paul

You can use a 12lb sledge hammer to pound carpet tacks, but it's the wrong tool for that job.

Use a high quality P/S camera for the quick snapshots.

Save the dSLR for when you *do* have time to ponder f/stop and shutter speeds to create great photographs.

-Paul

Who's to say a good DSLR is the wrong tool for the job. I prefer to use mine in ALL of my photography ventures. To ME the P/S is the wrong tool for the job. IF you have a DSLR, and can use it... do it. IF you are knowledgeable with your equipment you dont have to "ponder f/stops and shutter speeds too much, its second nature after a while.

BTW, I do have a high quality P/S... still wasn't satisfied with those photos last year.

I prefer to create great photographs every time, so why waste my time taking sub par photos with a P/S when I have the privilege of using the DSLR all the time.

How can a P/S possibly considered faster than a DSLR?

I mentioned in another thread, there were times last trip where I'd be pushing our stroller, see something interesting, and in as short as less than five seconds, I'd raise the camera, wake it up (I never turned the camera off so it was always ready to go instantly), fire off a quick shot, put the camera down, and get moving again. Granted, those were rarely my best shots, but the point is that a DSLR is certainly the fastest option. It is bulkier, but that doesn't mean that you're going to be walking any slower or there's definitely no need to take any longer to take a photo. If you're in a rush, just keep it in "P" (or even Auto if you don't want to bother having to manually raise the flash) and you'll be all set for most circumstances.

Plus it's much faster to zoom with a DSLR, and any time I have to use a PnS, I find it much slower to use just because the buttons and controls are usually laid out in a more confusing manner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter